Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2020)

A lot of the bad reviews are because you know its women.

In saying that the big bad and finale are very poor. But the comedy is very well done. Kate mckinnon (from saturday night live) is brilliant.

That review in particular barely mentions the gender of the cast or the controversy. Mainly looks at the joke construction and the overuse of ad libbing.

2016 faced criticism because the tone and direction of the movie was not appropriate for a Ghostbusters movie. There was a minority of trolls on youtube who went after the movie based on the gender of the cast. The studio tried to exploit that vitriol to try and get an reaction from the public and secure an audience who thought they were supporting feminism by watching a movie made by a giant soulless corporation.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
The 2016 film is underrated. Its the funniest of the lot. It had a very poor finale though.
definitley not underrated and definitley not the funniest of the lot.
A lot of the bad reviews are because you know its women.

In saying that the big bad and finale are very poor. But the comedy is very well done. Kate mckinnon (from saturday night live) is brilliant.
The movie had a lot of bad reviews because it sucked, forget the women part the movie was pretty bad in general

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
definitley not underrated and definitley not the funniest of the lot.

The movie had a lot of bad reviews because it sucked, forget the women part the movie was pretty bad in general
You are just letting your biases change your perception. Its way funnier. Can you even name a scene in the first movie that made you laugh? Just one?

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
You are just letting your biases change your perception. Its way funnier. Can you even name a scene in the first movie that made you laugh? Just one?
Twinkie scene, marshmallow man scene, car scene, slimer slimed me scene, elevator scene w/ bill murray, don't cross the streams, bill murray and sigourney weaver together in her apartment, the mind reading scene, that's off the top of my head, There's heaps.

No bias, the original ghostbusters is a classic for a reason, it's funny, well cast and extremely entertaining.

The 2016 reboot with the girls honestly was a stinker, wasn't much i liked about that movie at all tbh.

Aug 20, 2010
The Netherrealm
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Bayern, Chelsea FC, Raiders
Twinkie scene, marshmallow man scene, car scene, slimer slimed me scene, elevator scene w/ bill murray, don't cross the streams, bill murray and sigourney weaver together in her apartment, the mind reading scene, that's off the top of my head, There's heaps.

No bias, the original ghostbusters is a classic for a reason, it's funny, well cast and extremely entertaining.

The 2016 reboot with the girls honestly was a stinker, wasn't much i liked about that movie at all tbh.
"Yes its true. This man has no dick" scene

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

Almost all of the scenes Rick Moranis was in.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
"What a lovely singing voice you must have"

"Why worry? Each one of us is carrying an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back"

Dana - “That’s the bedroom, but nothing ever happened in there"
Venkman - “What a crime”

"Listen! You smell something?"

"Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together.. mass hysteria!"

Venkman running out and vaulting over the little swinging door when he realises its a girl at the front desk :tearsofjoy:

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
LFLNyBU.png

But nah, "THE POWER OF PATTI COMPELS YOU!" is much funnier :rolleyes:

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
From what I’ve gathered from the press junkets it’s sort of the The Force Awakens. It’s well made, hitting all the nostalgic notes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back