Ghosts and s**t

Remove this Banner Ad

Stayed over my mates place and no s**t, the television, by it's mother****ing self, turns on. I s**t myself and forced myself to sleep. I also heard noises like footsteps and the turning of a door knob.

Anyone have s**t like this happen?
Our doorbell rings in the middle of the night occasionally without anyone at the door.

Stayed over my mates place and no s**t, the television, by it's mother****ing self, turns on. I s**t myself and forced myself to sleep. I also heard noises like footsteps and the turning of a door knob.

Yep, an electric kettle turned itself on.

Sounds like a job for tabs.

Sounds like a job for tabs.

Dunno about that.

I'd say their work here is already done.

lsd1.jpg

I think aliens were sneaking into my house and stealing things from me, because I would often wake up in the morning with no memory (a common symptom of close encounters with E.B.E's) of the night before and find large volumes of cold pizza and beer missing from my fridge.

About 20 years ago my girlfriend and I were having an argument about what to watch on telly. She got totally pissed off and said "You watch what you want, I hope the effing thing blows up".

Yep, you guessed it, within 5 minutes - ZAP, a bit of smoke and telly no go.

We are now married, but there are no arguments about what to watch anymore, tv's are too expensive to risk these days.;)

Logical conclusion: A neighbour has the same remote control frequency.

Remotes use Infra-red. You need Line of Sight and need to be within about 10-15 meters of the receiver. I.e the neighbour would have to be looking through the window pointing the remote at the tv.

About 20 years ago my girlfriend and I were having an argument about what to watch on telly. She got totally pissed off and said "You watch what you want, I hope the effing thing blows up".

Yep, you guessed it, within 5 minutes - ZAP, a bit of smoke and telly no go.

We are now married, but there are no arguments about what to watch anymore, tv's are too expensive to risk these days.;)

Two TV's Baz???? That little bit extra goes a long way in keeping harmony in the home.

Remotes use Infra-red. You need Line of Sight and need to be within about 10-15 meters of the receiver. I.e the neighbour would have to be looking through the window pointing the remote at the tv.

They watch TV in the nude and his neighbour is an 40 year old man bachelor who lives with his domineering mother, has no friends and barracks for Collingwood.

Two TV's Baz???? That little bit extra goes a long way in keeping harmony in the home.

I have to laugh. Really young children (i.e, 10 months to 15 months) come to our house and when they see the remote they grab it and point it at the TV.

We've had features brought up on screen that (a) we didn't know we had and (b) we can't get rid of unless we switch off and switch back on.

The youngsters all employ the ''firing a pistol'' technique too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep got two tv's so that angle is covered too.;)

Late at night a few times a year I'll hear the sound of shower running or the opening of closet draws.

Some paranormal s**t happen in my house that's for sure.

We used to hear a ringing bell during the night. It sounded like it was inside the walls of the house.:eek:

It turned out it was the labrador's tail hitting an old oil tank.:eek:

I don't believe in ghosts but then again I've never spent a night at a cemetery or in a ''haunted house''.

I sat at ouija board one night and the glass was moving around making words and meaningless short sentences. I accused my mate of pushing it and he said he thought I was doing the pushing. I definitely wasn't.

I have to laugh. Really young children (i.e, 10 months to 15 months) come to our house and when they see the remote they grab it and point it at the TV.

We've had features brought up on screen that (a) we didn't know we had and (b) we can't get rid of unless we switch off and switch back on.

The youngsters all employ the ''firing a pistol'' technique too.

:D:D

Those youngsters will be able to assist with programming within a year or two. :thumbsu:

I have 3 remotes for my lounge room TV, the black box remote, it's own remote which I need for switching from FTA to Austar and the Austar remote. Oi. I dropped the black box remote the other day and stuffed up the visual on FTA. After much fiddling around with it I crossed my fingers and pressed "reset factory setting" IT WORKED!!!. I have a HD/Digital TV but reception is ordinary with FTA so I need all the help I can get.

Anyone ever seen that Grumpy Old Man movie with Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau, where there is one scene where Jack (I think) is settled in front of the TV, dinner on fold out tray and watching his show while Walter is at the window behind him switching the channel??? :D:D:D

I sometimes hear the odd noise in the house but as the dogs now just Clyde don't raise a fuss I ignore it. I thought there was a door knock one day but felt a goose when I realised it was the dogs tail wagging against the wall!!

To avoid any of these dramas at our place, with the multiple remotes, we have an old Foxtel remote without batteries which we give to Zoe to muck around with. It does the trick. Sometimes she points and presses a button and I use the actual remote to make it change channels or whatever, so she feels she's performing it herself.

gday peeps,
some of you know regulars know that I'm back in Melbourne to look after my dying mum.
(passed away 24th Oct)

I'm staying with a close of mum's over in Mill Park and about 4 days before mum passed I was in the dining room eating breakfast and watching one of the morning shows on TV. 9am

Then of a sudden I notice the front door opens , thinking thats its the owner of the house going out to put some rubbish out, I call out her name (no reply)

:- about a minute passes when she comes out of her bedroom adjacent the front door, I asked her if she had opened the door. No was the obvious answer, I then asked her to check the door if it were locked. The wire door is locked I can she the snib she replied, now check if the door was locked I asked as she twists the door know she says its locked.

Never has that door opened by itself in the 9 yrs she's lived there.

Now the day after my mum passes, I'm down the back of the house where I had stored a brand new electric golf buggy I purchased just b4 lock down .
I went to check if the battery was full as I was planning to play golf a few days later.
After checking the battery I turn to go up the hallway towards the front of the house when all of a sudden I felt something pat my hair on top of my head I instantly span around thinking something was hanging down from the ceiling fan........nothing.

Believe what you want folks but these 2 events happened last week.

On SM-N9860 using BigFooty.com mobile app

gday peeps,
some of you know regulars know that I'm back in Melbourne to look after my dying mum.
(passed away 24th Oct)

I'm staying with a close of mum's over in Mill Park and about 4 days before mum passed I was in the dining room eating breakfast and watching one of the morning shows on TV. 9am

Then of a sudden I notice the front door opens , thinking thats its the owner of the house going out to put some rubbish out, I call out her name (no reply)

:- about a minute passes when she comes out of her bedroom adjacent the front door, I asked her if she had opened the door. No was the obvious answer, I then asked her to check the door if it were locked. The wire door is locked I can she the snib she replied, now check if the door was locked I asked as she twists the door know she says its locked.

Now the day after my mum passes, I'm down the back of the house where I had stored a brand new electric golf buggy I purchased just b4 lock down .
I went to check if the battery was full as I was planning to play golf a few days later.
After checking the battery I turn to go up the hallway towards the front of the house when all of a sudden I felt something pat my hair on top of my head I instantly span around thinking something was hanging down from the ceiling fan........nothing.

Sorry to hear about your mum ozzy. Hope you're ok.

Have heard similar accounts about hair stroking etc from recently passed relatives.

gday peeps,
(passed away 24th Oct)

Sorry about your mum. Deepest condolences.

All sorts of weird s**t happens when people die. Dunno what to make of it myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back