Club History Ghosts of Princes Park tour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mentallo

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2005
Your minds eye.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Searched for a thread about this but couldn't see one so apologies in advance if one does exist in one way or another.

Did the said tour this evening with 3 other mates and cannot recommend it enough.
Carlton historian Tony De Bolfo does a great job re telling some of the great stories about or team then afterwards takes you on a tour of the new facilities.
Worth the $20 if you get a chance to go.

Last edited:
Searched for a thread about this but couldn't see one so apologies in advance if one does exist in one way or another.

Did the said tour this evening with 3 other mates and cannot recommend it enough.
Carlton historian Tony De Bolfo does a great job re telling some of the great stories about or team then afterwards takes you on a tour of the new facilities.
Was there too tonight and agree, worth doing. Certainly brought back some fond memories, and not so fond i.e Milburn/SOS

Agreed. Highly recommend it. I have done it and took my kids along.

Played a small part in supplying some of the video and audio used and am proud of that. Tony and Luca who run the show deserve the highest praise. They do this well outside of their normal working hours because they are both passionate about the history of the club.

If you have not done it, DO IT. It is fantastic.

Tony De Bolfo is one of my former teachers from Parade College. I caught up with him at my 10 year reunion just last Friday and he could not emphasize enough how much he wanted me to come on this Ghosts of Princess Park Tour and bring along family and friends. If I remember correctly I think I remember Tony saying it only runs through the off season summer months (http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2013-11-15/ghosts-of-princes-park)

He is such a passionate Carlton man and a genuinely top bloke.

Look forward to getting down there in the not to distant future.

Also this:-

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/ikon-park/the-venue/take-a-tour

Attention all Carlton members – the Ghosts of Princes Park tour is back for 2016!

Hosted by Club historian Tony De Bolfo, the tour will relive fierce battles, great on-field moments and you may even encounter a ghost or two…

$20 for Members & $30 for non members.

RoCo's article from March this year:-

Carlton's Princes Park ghosts a magical history tour

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ghosts-a-magical-history-tour-20150326-1m84ao

It's been 10 years since Princes Park was last used as an AFL venue, but the stories of Carlton's famous old ground and the supporters who flocked to it continue to emerge.

Indeed, they've been emerging on a weekly basis over the off-season as Carlton historian Tony De Bolfo and digital media manager Luca Gonano have taken Blues fans on a trip back through time on a "Ghosts of Princes Park" history tour.

I did this a couple of years ago but they didn't do a tour of the facilities. Might do it again.
MEB_

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm meeting my sister in Melbs the night before the nab cup game at ikon in feb, I am going to check if we can do on on the 27th of feb, looks great
It's worth doing for sure. I'd do it again especially seeing as though they now include a tour of the facilities.

The Carlton tour would have to be better than the Richmond Ghost tour which just has an old Jim Jess walking around Punt Rd late at night in his old Tigers gear from when they last one a flag ;)
Brilliant, you idiot! :D:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back