Universal Love GHS 50 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Will probably be dropped this week with scooter coming back in :oops:
Yeah I was wondering in which round this might actually happen ;)

In all seriousness, he could have been a lot better as a player had he moved to a side which would have actually played him week-in week-out. He hit a point whereas he wasn't going to get any better in the VFL - too good for the level - and needed more AFL exposure, just in order to improve.

One of my favourite AFL players, though. Zero ego, limited talent but busts a gut to make the most of what he's got. Teammates all seem to love and respect him. He's kind of the anti-Brendan-Goddard.

Couldn't ask for a better attitude, really, and he has played some cracking games along the way (his tagging job on Kennedy in a win over the Swans years ago springs to mind as does his game v Port Adelaide last month).

Well done Hyphen.

Always liked him and thought he was a bit stiff, given our tendency to top up our list with pre owned mids.
What is his contract status? Given his lack of opportunities with us, wouldn't blame him if he looked elsewhere.

Well done GHS. He has deserved many more opportunities than he has been given, and has dealt with it all without fuss.

I said it at the time, and stand by it now - he is exactly the type of player/leader/person that Gold Coast should have been chasing when Gaz wanted to come back to Geelong. I am glad he is at Geelong and would love to see him succeed.

Always liked him and thought he was a bit stiff, given our tendency to top up our list with pre owned mids.
What is his contract status? Given his lack of opportunities with us, wouldn't blame him if he looked elsewhere.
I think he is out of contract this year?

Maybe they offer him a 1 year deal on mimimum money? With guys like constable in the wings i’d say his future isn’t very bright.

Will probably be one of those players that has to wait till the last minute to see if there is any money left over to offer him another year.

Quality bloke and can play. Loves the club and the people that got him here.
Club is better with him in it.

Congrats to him and long may he keep going.

Go Catters

After eighteen years on BigFooty, my first thread.

And in a similar vein and timeframe, a great article about one of the most debated players on our list. All hail the Hyphen!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ge...g/news-story/61acb6fdb9408d5fa22f8719afac8f01

Great article, that.

The Hyphen has plenty of detractors around here. But I'm delighted to see him reach 50 games. It's a real milestone for a player who's had to earn every single senior game he's played with us. And he's had more than his fair share of injury issues along the way as well.

As others here have noted, he could have potentially carved out a lot more games at the top level by accepting a trade at some point. But I personally hope that he stays a one-club player and continues to add extremely valuable depth to our list, at the very least.

Has looked good thus far in 2018 and can hopefully be there or thereabouts for senior selection right through this season. After all, he's certainly due a decent run at it in the ones.

And keep those goals coming, George!

:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep - well done Hyphen! A vastly underrated inside player. Could walk into a lesser side and be a major influence.
^This.

Was not permitted to play a single average game. Dumped every time if he did. On top of that, threw himself into it every time. And when he was injured, he came back straight to the reserves and stayed there until he was BOG 3 times in a row. Then stayed there some more. Jordan Murdoch, Parsons, and a few others come to mind.

I'm sure we will eventually hear the story of a young drunken H-S letting down all the tyres of the match committee members on a dare at some function long ago. :D

Yep - well done Hyphen! A vastly underrated inside player. Could walk into a lesser side and be a major influence.

How would he go at Ess... they need a lot of inside players...?

I believe he has had offers from other clubs but preferred to stay... if so... one should not gauge him on games alone. He must bring value as being a part of the group... the best 22 is assembled from the all the players as a group .. and as good as what he has been at time on field ..maybe what George bring off field is as important to him getting three year contract . UFA at the end of this year. im sure some clubs will again have chat if it cost them no pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back