Certified Legendary Thread Giantroo - A KING amongst Men (Help Crowdfund a new Mac for GR!)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
My love for GR is limitless, and he deserves all the kudos in the world.

However this Jy incident 100% happened because of GR's posts on Twitter; not BigFooty.

Dunno where I would be without you instructing me on these very important issues.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The AFL are idiots. GR is doing them a favour by making content that promotes the game. He's creating videos that we all love watching and that the AFL don't do themselves. Amazing given they have to give North money and stunts like this decrease the chance of growing the supporter base and expanding North content. GR puts a tonne of work into his content and those greedy *s demand it get taken down. 'All the North goals' is the best playlist on YouTube. campaigners the lot of them.

Stuff YouTube. GR needs a different platform that the AFL can't touch + a patreon page

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
The AFL are idiots. GR is doing them a favour by making content that promotes the game. He's creating videos that we all love watching and that the AFL don't do themselves. Amazing given they have to give North money and stunts like this decrease the chance of growing the supporter base and expanding North content. GR puts a tonne of work into his content and those greedy ****s demand it get taken down. 'All the North goals' is the best playlist on YouTube. campaigners the lot of them.

Stuff YouTube. GR needs a different platform that the AFL can't touch + a patreon page
What will I do without my North Melbourne goals videos? Especially after a great win each week.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You never know, he might already have at least one of those things.
Then it needs to be highlighted better. If a poster that is on here every day didn't know than what hope do others have? The point was things need to change. GR can't be kneecapped by the AFL and youtube. Too much effort goes in to what he does.

Then it needs to be highlighted better. If a poster that is on here every day didn't know than what hope do others have? The point was things need to change. GR can't be kneecapped by the AFL and youtube. Too much effort goes in to what he does.

I dunno how I knew (whether via this site or the youtube one) but it wasn't a difficult thing to find. So there must be some way to access it that isn't too hard to figure out. Anyway the link is just there - go hard.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was going to create a new thread but I think it'd be better if I floated the idea here first + I'm not sure it's even possible.

Player sponsorship will probably suffer this year because of the extra tassie game plus Heath's dismissing of North Big Footy posters.

Given the effort Giantroo has put in for all of us for a number of years now could we do something similar for GR?

$50 goes to GR. We get premium bigfooty membership (or whatever it's called). We get a GR sponsorship badge. Surely this would be something that Chief could get behind given that GR's content brings traffic to the North board and Bigfooty.

GR could use the money to pay for memberships for both he and his son + whatever else he wants. It's a small token of appreciation for all the hard work he does. I'd feel a lot better about helping GR than sponsoring a player/s when the club don't even want to acknowledge us.

If a number of people get behind the idea we could do a BF content fund - we raise a certain amount and X% goes to Giantroo, Y% goes to oshanassystreet and Rick18 for their writing each week, and Z% goes to the sternlook podcast. It's North content. We love North and it'd be good if that content was encouraged.

Just an idea.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I dunno how I knew (whether via this site or the youtube one) but it wasn't a difficult thing to find. So there must be some way to access it that isn't too hard to figure out. Anyway the link is just there - go hard.
Not sure there is a need to be a smart arse about it.. The point is it's not freely accessible and there clearly needs to be something different done - a years worth of content deleted...GR must be livid and rightfully so. A lot of people don't know what Patreon. Not to mention there wouldn't be enough people that would go to google and type 'Giantroo patreon'. Adoption is about making it easy for people.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was going to create a new thread but I think it'd be better if I floated the idea here first + I'm not sure it's even possible.

Player sponsorship will probably suffer this year because of the extra tassie game plus Heath's dismissing of North Big Footy posters.

Given the effort Giantroo has put in for all of us for a number of years now could we do something similar for GR?

$50 goes to GR. We get premium bigfooty membership (or whatever it's called). We get a GR sponsorship badge. Surely this would be something that Chief could get behind given that GR's content brings traffic to the North board and Bigfooty.

GR could use the money to pay for memberships for both he and his son + whatever else he wants. It's a small token of appreciation for all the hard work he does. I'd feel a lot better about helping GR than sponsoring a player/s when the club don't even want to acknowledge us.

If a number of people get behind the idea we could do a BF content fund - we raise a certain amount and X% goes to Giantroo, Y% goes to oshanassystreet and Rick18 for their writing each week, and Z% goes to the sternlook podcast. It's North content. We love North and it'd be good if that content was encouraged.

Just an idea.
One of the best ideas I have seen floated on bigfooty in some time.

Back