Certified Legendary Thread Giantroo - A KING amongst Men (Help Crowdfund a new Mac for GR!)

$$$$$$$$$$

The *en idiots. It doesn't cost them a cent.

This is about control as well.

A pack of jumped up control freaks who think they own a 150+ year old part of Australian culture instead of being stewards for future generations. Some of those campaigners need a good flogging.

I do wonder how much GR's Patreon ended up being his own demise.

For years they never came after him with copyright strikes. Then he linked a Patreon to his channel and he got whacked.

:/

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The ****en idiots. It doesn't cost them a cent.

This is about control as well.

A pack of jumped up control freaks who think they own a 150+ year old part of Australian culture instead of being stewards for future generations. Some of those campaigners need a good flogging.
100%. GR is just going stuff the AFL is too lazy to do themselves. It furthers the brand and promotes the game. GR should be getting a pat on the back if anything.

I do wonder how much GR's Patreon ended up being his own demise.

For years they never came after him with copyright strikes. Then he linked a Patreon to his channel and he got whacked.

:/
No link.

GR you going to abandon YouTube altogether?

Feels like the end of an era

The AFL is just a piece of s**t
Yes, unfortunately. Just tired of their s**t. Sad that there's content that I no longer have stored that I cannot get back. Youtube won't even allow me to get them back.

100%. GR is just going stuff the AFL is too lazy to do themselves. It furthers the brand and promotes the game. GR should be getting a pat on the back if anything.

He should be getting paid by the AFL.

He constantly markets the game and does the best marketing job anyone can do cos he is good and does if for the love of it.

Jindrrk

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2016
Macau
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
*, St Dwarves, Lolmond
Yes, unfortunately. Just tired of their s**t. Sad that there's content that I no longer have stored that I cannot get back. Youtube won't even allow me to get them back.
So did you get 3 strikes, or didn't even get to that? Only read the last page.

It is the way the world is going. And all the censorship going on (and amongst many other things most people are not aware of) is a way for large corporations to maintain their control and monopolies.

You creating your videos only helps them build a bigger brand by giving it more exposure. But they don't look at it that way.

What triggered it.
Its December? The AFL or youtube?
Potting ourselves here but its North content and were a small club. How is this damaging to anyone?

Your channel has been up and running since what? 2005-07?
Theres timeless content over the years thats gone.

So did you get 3 strikes, or didn't even get to that? Only read the last page.

It is the way the world is going. And all the censorship going on (and amongst many other things most people are not aware of) is a way for large corporations to maintain their control and monopolies.

You creating your videos only helps them build a bigger brand by giving it more exposure. But they don't look at it that way.

They only needed 3. Got over 20 strikes with 100+ videos taken down.

What triggered it.
Its December? The AFL or youtube?
Potting ourselves here but its North content and were a small club. How is this damaging to anyone?

Your channel has been up and running since what? 2005-07?
Theres timeless content over the years thats gone.

The draftee videos. I was getting a lot of hits. AFL requests it and Youtube follows through.

Yep started in 03. Over 3.5k subs, 1k+ videos and 6m+ views.

They only needed 3. Got over 20 strikes with 100+ videos taken down.

The draftee videos. I was getting a lot of hits. AFL requests it and Youtube follows through.

Yep started in 03. Over 3.5k subs, 1k+ videos and 6m+ views.
The AFL is a piece of s**t

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
I get that there's anger at the AFL over this, but it's the broadcasters too.

And this seems to be something that is happening worldwide, with sports leagues and their rights holders making a greater effort to stamp out non-endorsed content. I know that the Premier League and their partners have really cracked down in recent times on sites that offer comprehensive replay packages and even full replays of games to the point where it's just about impossible to see them though anything other than their official partners as much as 24-48 hours after the match, whereas as recently as last season they would last for weeks, if not months, on these sites.

Probably a stupid question but what would it take to get endorsed by the AFL? I expect an outrageous amount of cash but it would be interesting to get a figure.

6m views is pretty extraordinary, I wonder if you could go through the club and get around it that way posting as official NMFC content. If they knocked back that sort of free advertising I’d start to believe Zondors and his views on the Ironsteins at HQ.

Back