Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting that GC pick could potentially see us land any combination of
2-McDonald/Hollands
5-Phillips
9-Bruhn/Powell
25- Callow or Ford depending on who you get with 2

I know next years draft is meant to be really nice especially for mids. But nabbing any combination of that would be very nice building blocks going forward, similar to what port did with Rozee, Butters and Duursma

I guess the question is are 4 picks top 25 in a “diluted” draft better than 2 in next years ?
Of course you can add further scenarios if Brown is indeed let go. Which you would think would acquire us at least one 1st rounder.

2-McDonald/Hollands
5-Phillips
9-Bruhn/Powell

I know next years draft is meant to be really nice especially for mids. But nabbing any combination of that would be very nice building blocks going forward, similar to what port did with Rozee, Butters and Duursma

I guess the question is are 4 picks top 25 in a “diluted” draft better than 2 in next years ?
Of course you can add further scenarios if Brown is indeed let go. Which you would think would acquire us at least one 1st rounder.

I laugh when I see this, I feel like North will just go and pick guys way off the radar and everyone will be freaking out. Probably less likely at the pointy end of the draft but I can see it happening.

If the best available player was a Key Forward, I’d still expect us to take the best available midfielder.

If you continue to take best available, your list becomes all kinds of lopsided.

You can balance the list with later picks. The whole list isn’t made up of top 10 picks.

If you reach for someone in the top 10, you get McCartin and miss out on Petracca.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If anyone thinks we’re going to turn this list around in 1 offseason, you have rocks in your head. We just culled 11 blokes in 1 hit ffs. A lot of those players were playing regular senior footy as well.

Trading with GC this year would be potential suicide. We might marginally improve, but that will just bring us to around pick 5 (equivalent to GC pick this year). We could also dish out what we did this year, or even worse with the experience going out the door.

All this isn’t even taking into account how compromised this draft is and next years is suppose to be stronger with mids. Everyone on here is crying out for mids and you want to trade a pick that could get us the best talent in that area? Just crazy stuff.

Show some patience people, you’re acting like kids who can’t wait to open your presents on Christmas morning.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What's the general consensus? Are you more likely to go tall or midfield? Any goss on who the club has their eye on?

I guess your team will decide that.
A lot of us are on the Hollands train. There's the ACL issue but he's such a gun. Good sized mid with pace and forward impact which we lack currently. Most of our mids are pretty same same. Also born and raised in SA and a life long crows fan and good mates with Fisher McAsey who we took last year.

Not much love for Phillips. Seems to be viewed as a flight risk. Could be a nice pick up for North if you're shopping for mids?

Fair bit of love for McDonald. Early doors Thilthorpe had a lot of love as a local forward-ruck type but has drifted a bit with a workmanlike season in the SANFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of us are on the Hollands train. There's the ACL issue but he's such a gun. Good sized mid with pace and forward impact which we lack currently. Most of our mids are pretty same same. Also born and raised in SA and a life long crows fan and good mates with Fisher McAsey who we took last year.

Not much love for Phillips. Seems to be viewed as a flight risk. Could be a nice pick up for North if you're shopping for mids?

Fair bit of love for McDonald. Early doors Thilthorpe had a lot of love as a local forward-ruck type but has drifted a bit with a workmanlike season in the SANFL.

Whoever you pass on of McDonald or Holland’s will be at North.

I keep hearing that next year's draft is going to be strong and that this year's isn't that good. How can anyone possibly know how strong next years draft is? None of those player have been able to show their talent as bottom agers just like those who are eligible in this year's draft haven't.

If we are going of form as 16yr olds that's way more guess work than this year's draft.

I keep hearing that next year's draft is going to be strong and that this year's isn't that good. How can anyone possibly know how strong next years draft is? None of those player have been able to show their talent as bottom agers just like those who are eligible in this year's draft haven't.

If we are going of form as 16yr olds that's way more guess work than this year's draft.

Only the vic kids haven’t been able to play

Adelaide are braindead if they don’t take a key forward first.
If Brown does indeed leave like a few people say he will then getting Logan McDonald with pick 2 may work out as a perfect replacement.

All we need then is to hope like hell Will Phillips falls to our Melbourne pick.

Adelaide are braindead if they don’t take a key forward first.

They should take best available, as should we.

I mean if Hollands turns out like Dusty Martin, are you going to look back and say well we had Zurhaar so it was the right call to take the key forward who ended up like Paddy McCartin?

People saying well you can't know and there's all this doubt so you may as well go for needs - I would argue that is just devaluing our recruiters and honestly if we don't have excellent recruiters in place who can pick out the best or second best player in the draft with pick 2 then we are wasting our time and should pack the whole rebuild up and forget about it.

Get the right recruiting team in place with the right environment and back it in. Their careers will live or die by the results.

2-McDonald/Hollands
5-Phillips
9-Bruhn/Powell

It's not really diluted though, just potentially a little more unpredictable than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back