Preview 2020 AFL National Draft thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This man will be right in our sites imo.

As it stands I would be picking both Melbourne and us to finish in the range of 7th to 12th which would give us two picks in the 7 to 12 range? Correct me if I'm wrong as I also hear 2020 is a highly compromised draft.

My question is if he is a genuine prospect to go first, what are the odds he slides to somewhere we can pick him after Carlton, Adelaide, Freo etc have their picks?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
My question is if he is a genuine prospect to go first, what are the odds he slides to somewhere we can pick him after Carlton, Adelaide, Freo etc have their picks?

You would reckon that Freo would be up for a home grown KPD in the first round.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
But in between working for McDonald's – "I make a good Big Mac, I'll be honest," he said – fixing up his four-wheel drive and playing guitar (his favourite singers include Eric Clapton, Phil Collins and Roy Orbison), he will also spend this year being one of the most highly touted youngsters in the land. It doesn't faze him.

I'm sold.

Welcome to Arden Street, um, Denver.

I'm hearing we're having a sniff around another North Launceston lad, Jackson Callow (on the right).

Obviously at this time of the year, it doesn't mean much, due diligence as such.

You hearing anything Pykie

Callow.jpg

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I'm hearing we're having a sniff around another North Launceston lad, Jackson Callow (on the right).

Obviously at this time of the year, it doesn't mean much, due diligence as such.

You hearing anything Pykie

View attachment 838601

Okay, met him and he's a really well built kid, with strong good character, so has some very nice traits for drafting...........but I hope he tightens up his kicking a bit.

The one that really caught my eye from the Tassie juniors was a kid named Patrick Walker. Very silky type.

1584058386049.png

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
none for this year for us but I think that’s good this time as means we don’t have to avoid bids with our early picks

Are you claiming that we don't have a single Tasmanian NGA academy player this year?

What happens in relation to the picking order in the draft if the season doesn't finish. l would like to hope that the afl goes with the ladder finishing order of the 2019 season. Melbournes first pick would then be fine by me seeing as the yfinished 17th in 2019... :p

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
What happens in relation to the picking order in the draft if the season doesn't finish. l would like to hope that the afl goes with the ladder finishing order of the 2019 season. Melbournes first pick would then be fine by me seeing as the yfinished 17th in 2019... :p

Geelong will be awarded picks 1, 2 and 3.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I reckon they will have some sort of compressed super u/18 league for a few weeks, then the national u/18 carnival in Oct/Nov with the draft in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back