Preview 2020 AFL National Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could North use their 2 picks to trade up. Must get Hollands. And also what about Macrae & and big Cox.

Could North use their 2 picks to trade up. Must get Hollands. And also what about Macrae & and big Cox.

It's going to depend on where the 2 picks are placed and which teams are in the draft position we want. IE: Way too many unknowns right now.

I agree, I hope it falls into place that we get a mid and key defender with our first two picks. Obviously not wanting to reach for one, but I think a key defender is an absolute must.

It's probably a slight exaggeration because of his frame, but if Grainger Barras was on our list this year, I reckon he'd be half a chance to be debuting on Sunday (especially if Maj doesn't get up). It's still tough to tell if he can turn into a Tarrant type, but he could be Lever-like. Then again, that's pretty much how Rance started out as well.

Last edited:

It's going to depend on where the 2 picks are placed and which teams are in the draft position we want. IE: Way too many unknowns right now.

It's probably a slight exaggeration because of his frame, but if Grainger Barras was on our list this year, I reckon he'd be half a chance to be debuting on Sunday (especially if Maj doesn't get up). It's still tough to tell if he can turn into a Tarrant type, but he could be Lever-like. The again, that's pretty much how Rance started out as well.

Could be a chance clubs trade out of this draft. With the U18 being delayed

What do you think on Hollands and Cox as a KPF/KPB
Yeah Holland’s looked elite, questions I guess after injury.
Not sure on Cox tbh.

Gonna be a hard year to scout and pick for obvious reasons.

If we use another first round pick on a KPD, I'll spew up!

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why? It’s our biggest concern.

Time to let go of the McKay and Durdin picks. Plenty of quality tall backs are going in the first round, we just need to get the pick right. We busted on plenty of mids during that time as well.

McKay and Durdin were pretty much second rounders anyway.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why? It’s our biggest concern.

Time to let go of the McKay and Durdin picks. Plenty of quality tall backs are going in the first round, we just need to get the pick right. We busted on plenty of mids during that time as well.

McKay and Durdin were pretty much second rounders anyway.

Give me class, speed and skill in the midfield at the top of the draft. Use FA to get a big KPD would be my preference. We need difference makers now, I’m sick of being patient.

We need to fill holes down back and an even bigger hole once Tarrant finishes up.

FA is an option, but I can’t really think of anyone available. Plus I would rather someone who has 10 years ahead of them rather than 3-5.
A lot easier to go after midfielders through FA as they’re more readily available.

Trading could be another option also for a young defender in their early 20’s.

We need to fill holes down back and an even bigger hole once Tarrant finishes up.

FA is an option, but I can’t really think of anyone available. Plus I would rather someone who has 10 years ahead of them rather than 3-5.
A lot easier to go after midfielders through FA as they’re more readily available.

Trading could be another option also for a young defender in their early 20’s.

Corr is solid and very capable defender who is a FA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is from left field but if the Afl wants to save money this year would they try and NOT have a 2020 draft which would save them quite a lot of money and have this draft first next year BEFORE next years draft. So have a double draft when the Afl is more financially well off with the clubs retaining their 2020 picks.

This is from left field but if the Afl wants to save money this year would they try and NOT have a 2020 draft which would save them quite a lot of money and have this draft first next year BEFORE next years draft. So have a double draft when the Afl is more financially well off with the clubs retaining their 2020 picks.
I hear what you are saying but it sure is a very long way left field.

I think the most likely outcome is they skip the draft entirely this year, raise the draft age and then draft the same kids next year. Clubs can fill gaps with free agents and maybe a draft of mature age players. Would solve a lot of problems at once.
Yeah that would be awesome if we didnt have two first round draft picks since the ice age..

Yeah that would be awesome if we didnt have two first round draft picks since the ice age..

One of the issues it solves is the draft order. They could just use next years competition to determine the order, keeping all the pick swaps from 2019, and since clubs would be still using them on the expected draft pool it would be fair for them too. So I'd expect us to keep those picks and use them on the same pool, just with more info about where the quality is.

Question for you all:

If the season does not continue like a lot of people suspect, does anyone have any idea on what the draft order will be?

Will it be based on 2019 ladder order?

I’m hearing some strong rumours that Gold Coast will be getting the chop, so if the above scenario plays out, we will end up with pick 1!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back