Preview 2020 AFL National Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another of his defensive running from the Qualifying final.

Hmm. He sort of just eats space. Watching that video you wouldn't really think he gets to full rat power but he just closes the gap very fluidly. The strength to then push his opponent off it and get a kick away anyway is very impressive as well. GR do you have any footage of him leaving stoppages?

Hmm. He sort of just eats space. Watching that video you wouldn't really think he gets to full rat power but he just closes the gap very fluidly. The strength to then push his opponent off it and get a kick away anyway is very impressive as well. GR do you have any footage of him leaving stoppages?

Rest of his game is here:

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
His kicking technique is not text book, but it is well compensated by that low ball drop.

The Krakeour brothers were similar. Akward looking, but highly effective.

Analyse GR's clip again, and note that there was bugger all follow through on that kick, but it went close to 55 metres and dead straight.
Fully agree...there's absolutely no doubt the kid can play. But, we are talking about our possible first number 2 pick since Wellsy and we were robbed through injury of just how good Wells shoulda been. This pick could be a once in a generation type player. Purely, for me, on the eye test, he looks more Cunners than Dusty, for example, and I'm not just talking about physically. Do we want the next Cunners or the next Dusty? Both great players, but only one is making the HOF IMO. If Brady thinks he's the best pick, then I'm fully on board. Just purely having a chat and am interested in opinions.
You think he's the standout form what you've seen? He's got NMFC written all over him in the way he looks and his toughness in close...amazing hands.
Could be the perfect foil for Jy and LDU. But imagine someone who's ceiling was even higher than that.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ok. So I joined GR's page........Desperately want Braeden Campbell in a North Jumper......I'd be bidding on JUH and Campbell. But what do I know.

Be happy with Phillips and Hollands/Eddie Ford too.........although Ford looks more of a CT type, serious talent too.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think we need the Dusty draft vid up here GR, if you can be bothered.....there is something "Dusty-ish" about Phillips too....I'd be interested in how fast Dusty looked in his junior years. Phillips does have another gear, it feels huh.

*I'm more than happy to google it myself, was purely pointing out for discussion purposes.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Ok. So I joined GR's page........Desperately want Braeden Campbell in a North Jumper......I'd be bidding on JUH and Campbell. But what do I know.

Be happy with Phillips and Hollands/Eddie Ford too.........although Ford looks more of a CT type, serious talent too.

I’m in the “what would I know camp“ , but Campbell looks like a jet.

There’s about 10 I’d be happy with at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

osaka mick

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2006
Gold Coast
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Everton, 76s, Canucks
Not proposing this at all, but curious. The talk this week has been that Adelaide would possibly get a beginning of first round pick, ie, after their first pick, for Crouch. If the ladder stays the same as it is right now, and we finished 17th, what potential players are free agents, that could give us pick 3 for example?

Like I said, not proposing this, but lets say we give up BBB to free agency, and he is paid $850k per year, and we get a beginning, or mid first round draft pick, would we do it?

I dont know who are Free agents might be, nor what they might be worth, but if the talk is that the Crows can do it for Crouch, surely we have someone who could do the same?

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Not proposing this at all, but curious. The talk this week has been that Adelaide would possibly get a beginning of first round pick, ie, after their first pick, for Crouch. If the ladder stays the same as it is right now, and we finished 17th, what potential players are free agents, that could give us pick 3 for example?

Like I said, not proposing this, but lets say we give up BBB to free agency, and he is paid $850k per year, and we get a beginning, or mid first round draft pick, would we do it?

I dont know who are Free agents might be, nor what they might be worth, but if the talk is that the Crows can do it for Crouch, surely we have someone who could do the same?
We should easily get a compo band 1 for Jmac, SillyRoo is his agent..

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Crouch won’t get a contract worth enough for the first round compo you describe. He’ll get $650k odd at best.

Brown isn’t a free agent so we can’t let him go via free agency. We would have to trade him to get picks. In the unlikely event we did trade brown, Ive wondered if it might be best to contract him first, he’s reported to want a 4 year deal on around $800k. If we gave him that deal and then traded him to the highest bidder out of say the pies, *, lions. Then we pick up some of his salary. It takes the salary cap pressure of his suitors and enables a bidding war. Assuming brown is happy to go to any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back