Preview 2020 AFL National Draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I imagine Brady will want two firsts for Brown to be on the table, even if they are likely to be mid-teens

If there are a lack of suitors, then Essendon's second going back may be the best minimum return. If Brisbane and Essendon (as a hypothetical) get involved then the two (high) first rounders could be possible.

I think it's fair to assume that our initial hesitance to offer Brown four years was led by doubts over how his body is going to hold up over the next few seasons. Doubts which this year has only exacerbated.

2011: Torn ACL
2012: Missed most of the year with groin issues.
2013: -
2014: Interrupted preseason with a foot injury and then a finger injury during the year.
2015: Missed most of the preseason with a knee injury which flared up during the year.
2016: -
2017: Knee injuries in the preseason that lingered all season followed by calf issues.
2018: Played the year with a hip injury
2019: Hip surgery in the preseason
2020: Had calf issues all preseason and then missed most of the year with knee issues.

There needs to be serious consideration given to the possibility that Brown's body isn't going to age gracefully.

Last edited:
You seem to be under the delusion that yours automatically holds some weight.
Hahaha no I’m not, but I’ve read that claim levelled at you more than once.

Accounts. Put them up!

Line them all up in front of me.
Why? You would never keep your side of of such a wager.

At the end of the day who North drafts is neither here nor there for me or my club.

I never made a statement that North will draft so and so. I said what I would do. Obviously from reading other peoples comments, you’re not keen on drafting McDonald.

I don’t feel the need to bet my account on such a discussion.

agree. lions have their own first and ports too, they are reportedly interested in brown. would you take 2 late firsts for him?
Reported where?

I’ve only seen pure media speculation in regards to Brown. (Or Dixon, or Daniher)

The only player we’re genuinely linked to via reports, is Nakia Cockatoo. And that’s been a long time coming, as we’ve liked Cockatoo for a long time.

Reported where?

I’ve only seen pure media speculation in regards to Brown. (Or Dixon, or Daniher)

The only player we’re genuinely linked to via reports, is Nakia Cockatoo. And that’s been a long time coming, as we’ve liked Cockatoo for a long time.
you have everyone against you here mate.

agree. lions have their own first and ports too, they are reportedly interested in brown. would you take 2 late firsts for him?

Yep. They’ll ask for higher picks but that’s where I think it will land and is a fair middle ground imo.

Tbh with Collingwood having an NGA and FS the next two drafts likely to go before their first rounders both year, I think they’ll have a stronger offer then Brisbane. Also added bonus of a pick next year as well which we need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha no I’m not, but I’ve read that claim levelled at you more than once.

Why? You would never keep your side of of such a wager.

At the end of the day who North drafts is neither here nor there for me or my club.

I never made a statement that North will draft so and so. I said what I would do. Obviously from reading other peoples comments, you’re not keen on drafting McDonald.

I don’t feel the need to bet my account on such a discussion.

Backpeddle your way out the door.

Gut feel we'll go Hollands/McDonald at pick 2 and Will Phillips /Zac Reid at Pick 9/10

Would pretty much be a dream result. Either of those outcomes.

Like you, I think Phillips might be available at the Melbourne pick reading between the lines at the moment, which would be fairly incredible.

I'm actually trying to think of a previous big name Western Australian playing at one of the SA clubs in the AFL era.

I feel like I'm missing someone obvious, but no one is jumping out in my memory.

Most have been SA's and their best interstate born players have generally been Victorian....

I'm actually trying to think of a previous big name Western Australian playing at one of the SA clubs in the AFL era.

I feel like I'm missing someone obvious, but no one is jumping out in my memory.

Most have been SA's and their best interstate born players have generally been Victorian....
Powell-Pepper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back