Review Giants 133 def Dogs 51, the bad, and the questionable team structure

Remove this Banner Ad

In Trengove's defence, a few weeks ago his family welcomed baby twins and this might have reduced his ability to get a good night's sleep.

MC still picked him to play, but potentially he wasn't at his best and may not be for a bit of time yet.

As a parent of twins myself, the first 6 weeks and even the first 6 months are the hardest days and nights that I have ever worked. Well worth it, but I probably wouldn't have been anywhere near career best form each weekend.

Sam Mitchell had twins and went alright IIRC.

hear what you're saying though, have twins myself but really it can be managed with help. Again if IIRC my appreciation levels for a nice quiet poo free office went up as did my enjoyment of work...

Back to Trengove i just.think its a case of being played out of position...like Wood....like JJ...etc...

Bluey did a good job as coach. Had a big heart.

He most certainly did, took over in dire times and rebuilt some credibility. However I'm not sure strategy was his long suit.

Whilst players and positions are normally important, we were so far off the pace yesterday that any discussion about positions deflects from the truth - we were as a group lazy lacklustre and showed bugger all spirit.

It’s been years since our effort has been quite that poor.

Now it maybe an aberration - but it may also be signs of more serious issues.

Agree with this 100%

We did not lose that game because players were played out of position.

How a group with something to prove comes out that disinterested in the game is just beyond me and that's what is paining me. I'm going to head along on Sunday but if it's a repeat, I may not go to another game this year.

Positives - Gowers/English/Dahl/Hunter/Suckling

Negatives - too many to mention.

I'm okay with the loss though. We had the toughest possible fixture round 1. Only up from here.

Positives - Gowers/English/Dahl/Hunter/Suckling

Negatives - too many to mention.

I'm okay with the loss though. We had the toughest possible fixture round 1. Only up from here.
I'm positive I'm not grateful to the AwFL for giving us the worst possible match to kick the year off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back