Analysis Giants captaincy - where to from here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Apparently the Giants captaincy will be decided in the VFL HQ media unit.

The VFL media campaign against the club continues.
View attachment 1224738

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I loathe the VFL media, and Barrett at times can be a bin diver, but he isn’t wrong here.
He can probably be in the leadership group but I can’t see how he is VC next year.
Think we stick with Cogs and Kelly becomes VC.

Orange crush

Premiership Player
Aug 12, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
I loathe the VFL media, and Barrett at times can be a bin diver, but he isn’t wrong here.
He can probably be in the leadership group but I can’t see how he is VC next year.
Think we stick with Cogs and Kelly becomes VC.
Yeah he isn’t wrong, but here we are day of a SF when we’d been written off all year ... and this is his sliding door? Last week it was Cogs leaving ... the guy is bum gravy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coniglio tackled well tonight, but did little else.

Putting aside the politics, he seems a shell of the player he used to be. It's not unreasonable to ask if he'd be better off without the burden of leading the team.

Toby can't be his replacement.
A full off season, he'll be good to go

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Brown, Riewoldt and Dunstall in a very lengthy discussion about Cogs and Captaincy post-match.

Brown calling for TFG to take over so Cogs can focus on improving his game.

Riewoldt suggesting Cogs would welcome a discussion about the 2022 Captaincy.

Dunstall putting the boot into Toby.

This topic is going to hang around all summer.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
My thoughts are injury has really hurt Coniglio on-field performances and he needs a good injury free run in 2020

Also it is make or break for Cameron and Cogs the captain in 22 with an expectation of a top 4 performance or change will be justified

The list is capable just need players on the park and another year of investing in the physio, strength and conditioning. Preuss and Hogan need to have good runs at it and avoiding repeat soft tissue injuries to players

My thoughts are injury has really hurt Coniglio on-field performances and he needs a good injury free run in 2020
He needed a good injury free run in 2020 (and 2021!) so let's hope he gets one in 2022... ;)

Jokes aside, it's a shame that his injuries have coincided with his captaincy. It makes it really hard to separate the two out, and most media pundits don't even try.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
He needed a good injury free run in 2020 (and 2021!) so let's hope he gets one in 2022... ;)

Jokes aside, it's a shame that his injuries have coincided with his captaincy. It makes it really hard to separate the two out, and most media pundits don't even try.

I think players returning from LTIs need 4-5 games to get back to some form

Remove this Banner Ad

Back