Analysis Giants captaincy - where to from here?

Remove this Banner Ad

We have had players do worse in the this regard than Hird ever did.
worse than be in charge of a systematic program that was at best was exploiting the performance enhancing rules and at worse potentially endangering his players?
Whether he gets a second chance is a different conversations, but lets not play down what happened at Essendon and Cronulla

Was there supposed to be some sort of press conference at 11:30 this morning because I saw them post on their socials about it but wasn't able to find anything.

Was there supposed to be some sort of press conference at 11:30 this morning because I saw them post on their socials about it but wasn't able to find anything.

worse than be in charge of a systematic program that was at best was exploiting the performance enhancing rules and at worse potentially endangering his players?
Whether he gets a second chance is a different conversations, but lets not play down what happened at Essendon and Cronulla
Cheating is bad 100%
Is it worse than say, and I love Tobes and think he has grown up a lot and matured, beating the s**t out of a taxi driver?
I mean there are plenty in the media who have done worse and are “beloved” such as Wayne Carey etc.

A smart, pragmatic co-Captaincy model.

All three players are hugely respected and core to on-field success.

VFL land will take a cheap shot today, but they won’t be laughing when we finish Top 4 in ‘22.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think it's pretty hard to get too worked up about the captaincy choices, all 3 games seems really well respected amongst those in the building and are all great players signed long term at the club. So much of captaincy is done behind closed doors, at training, around the facilities, just being the extra option for someone to talk to when they need help with something, from all reports Cogs has passed those tests with flying colours and the extra help should only make everyone's job easier. Although 3 captains is different, Sydney has shown that it can work with the success they've had, yet you don't see anyone calling out Sydney's captaincy model.

Carey is an absolute scumbag and physically hurt people, who he supposedly cared for(absolute disgrace how he is beloved in footy media. More evidence of the blokey vfl mates attitude of the media). Hird cheated.

2 different situations.

Amen brother.

In addition, James Hird is highly intelligent with a massive point to prove to VFL land.

A smart move by the club to harness Hird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies if I’ve missed another thread on this topic.
I don’t recall seeing a discussion about the success, or otherwise, of the three captain model this year.

For me it didn’t really work. There were too many games where on field opportunities were missed to lead the team. The limp performance against the Swans at the SCG summed it up.

I don’t know who the answer is, but don’t think it’s any of the current 3. Maybe Taylor & Perryman.

Toby was the biggest disappointment of the 3 for me. Needed to set the standard for forward pressure, but didn’t.

Apologies if I’ve missed another thread on this topic.
I don’t recall seeing a discussion about the success, or otherwise, of the three captain model this year.

For me it didn’t really work. There were too many games where on field opportunities were missed to lead the team. The limp performance against the Swans at the SCG summed it up.

I don’t know who the answer is, but don’t think it’s any of the current 3. Maybe Taylor & Perryman.

Toby was the biggest disappointment of the 3 for me. Needed to set the standard for forward pressure, but didn’t.
I really think Perryman would be a great choice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back