Analysis Giants Coaching. Your thoughts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hendo_21

Team Captain
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Good move can't be any worse then what we're dealing with the last few years, would be great having a mostly fit and firing squad come September

Brave New World

Debutant
Oct 31, 2009
AFL Club
GWS
I wonder if Dean Solomon would be a good replacement. He was reportedly highly thought of at the Suns (although he was moved on - perhaps by Dew putting in his own panel) and there were reports last month Geelong were looking at Solomon. Wikipedia states about Solomon (so it must be true) "After nine years of service as an assistant coach with the Gold Coast Suns, Solomon was sacked at the end of the 2020 season. Upon his departure from the club, and on the advice of Adam Simpson, Solomon decided to take a 12 month sabbatical from the AFL in a bid to further develop himself with an eye on returning to coaching in 2022; during this sabbatical, he ran gym in Kingscliff” (Northern NSW). A 'advantage' is that he is a NSW lad; one might say it would be a wise decision to appoint Solomon but I wouldn't make that pun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hendo_21

Team Captain
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
I wonder if Dean Solomon would be a good replacement. He was reportedly highly thought of at the Suns (although he was moved on - perhaps by Dew putting in his own panel) and there were reports last month Geelong were looking at Solomon. Wikipedia states about Solomon (so it must be true) "After nine years of service as an assistant coach with the Gold Coast Suns, Solomon was sacked at the end of the 2020 season. Upon his departure from the club, and on the advice of Adam Simpson, Solomon decided to take a 12 month sabbatical from the AFL in a bid to further develop himself with an eye on returning to coaching in 2022; during this sabbatical, he ran gym in Kingscliff” (Northern NSW). A 'advantage' is that he is a NSW lad; one might say it would be a wise decision to appoint Solomon but I wouldn't make that pun.
Yeah interesting, a lot of guys don't work out as head coaches and that doesn't mean they're not good assistant coaches, there's a lot more involved in a senior coaching job then just X's and O's and maybe Solomon could offer a different perspective coming from a different coaching tree.

captainMyCaptain

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad