Giants eye off a game to be played in the USA

Remove this Banner Ad

We are currently drawing bigger crowds at Canberra and we are locked in contract for 3 per year at Canberra so we won't be losing it from there. Sydney are locked in for 7 and 1 game per year is currently free as a 'floater'

It would be a Sydney replacement sorry to say

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Should take a game to Wagga.

Need to get a league going between North Victoria, southern NSW and Canberra otherwise GWS could perish.

You should be jumping up and down about the narrative for extra benefits for Gold Coast while GWS is getting screwed over!!!

Until AFL HQ nutures the Aussie Rules border northern teams cannot last!!!

300 million wasted at Gold Coast so far where if done correctly most of the eastern sea board would be Aussie Rules by now!!!

Throwing money at Gold Coast is as dumb as the Titans and Shanghai!!!

Should take a game to Wagga.

Need to get a league going between North Victoria, southern NSW and Canberra otherwise GWS could perish.

You should be jumping up and down about the narrative for extra benefits for Gold Coast while GWS is getting screwed over!!!

Until AFL HQ nutures the Aussie Rules border northern teams cannot last!!!

300 million wasted at Gold Coast so far where if done correctly most of the eastern sea board would be Aussie Rules by now!!!

Throwing money at Gold Coast is as dumb as the Titans and Shanghai!!!
Nice rant but no on all counts.

Since you are not a relevant power broker it matters not.
Nor are you so not sure why your throwing out an opinion.

Its all about how much money you can bring to the game as well as bums on seats!!!
It's also about growth in grassroots, the commercial side, tv dollars, and building a fan base (as has been said many a time this is generational) etc etc etc

At some stage the grots need to be avoided!!
I'm all for avoiding grots, what grots we talking about?

The Swans are not stupid which is why they re-appointed Longmire
I'm unconcerned with the Swans coaching choices as they matter little to us at this stage, we kind of have a coaching crisis of our own at the moment.

Nor are you so not sure why your throwing out an opinion.

It's also about growth in grassroots, the commercial side, tv dollars, and building a fan base (as has been said many a time this is generational) etc etc etc

I'm all for avoiding grots, what grots we talking about?

I'm unconcerned with the Swans coaching choices as they matter little to us at this stage, we kind of have a coaching crisis of our own at the moment.

Do they understand how to grow the grassroots, the commercial side, tv dollars and a fan base??? Why use the generational excuse???

Gross that are looking take without giving back chasing freebies and subsidises with no long term worth!!

Do you honestly think Longmire was retained not just for coaching with no market development at all?? Do you really understand why Longmire thought North was not a viable option for him long term relative to the Swans??

Since you are not a relevant power broker it matters not.

So remind me why you're posting on here again if that's required? I doubt you're Dave Matthews behind the keyboard there.

Its all about how much money you can bring to the game as well as bums on seats!!!

If that's the case, it ain't going to be Wagga unless the council pays for it, same as any other "sale" of a home game... Making a few extra thousand through the gate < a single extra advertisement opportunity in Sydney.

*snipped random Swans stream of semi-consciousness*

So remind me why you're posting on here again if that's required? I doubt you're Dave Matthews behind the keyboard there.

If that's the case, it ain't going to be Wagga unless the council pays for it, same as any other "sale" of a home game... Making a few extra thousand through the gate < a single extra advertisement opportunity in Sydney.

*snipped random Swans stream of semi-consciousness*

Well answer me this, are you interested in a successful Brisbane Lions or not and how does subsidies to there Gold Coast help that??

Furthermore, Simmons is over playing in USA and will not even play for Australia in the Olympics coming up despite playing for a coach that coached in Australia!! Does that not tell you how futile any expansion into USA is at the moment especially since they follow baseball and gridiron passionately!!!

The council are irrelevant, when are people going to speak to the stakeholders of the country. Why not pisst in the wind??

If you want support from power brokers you do not go to the councils FFS!! How is councils going to give AFL HQ millions in extra revenue??

Do they understand how to grow the grassroots, the commercial side, tv dollars and a fan base??? Why use the generational excuse???

Do they understand?
Well we have gone from zero fans to 30k paid up members
Grassroots we and the Suns are growing massively.
Commercial? Well I don't know the Suns but the Giants are 5th in the league there.
Tv dollars are fine as far as I'm aware and growing every year.

Generational excuse?
We are building a club from nothing, literally zero, besides a few hard working volunteers in clubs such the Rams and Goannas etc the game was non existent in the West. The Swans didn't travel or do anything further West than Glebe.

We were not meant to steal fans from other clubs but grow our own.

You think your club got it's fans overnight?

Gross that are looking take without giving back chasing freebies and subsidises with no long term worth!!

Growing the grassroots, fan bases and all the community work/programs isn't giving back?

Are you this hard on the small vic clubs who have continued to take and after 100 years are still coming back for more?

Do you honestly think Longmire was retained not just for coaching with no market development at all?? Do you really understand why Longmire thought North was not a viable option for him long term relative to the Swans??

I would say because he sees more success at the Swans than a small club in a flooded market, then there's als0 the loyalty aspect. Once again I don't care about the Swans coaching ideals considering our own coaching at the moment.

*removed irrelevant dribble*

How is councils going to give AFL HQ millions in extra revenue??
Councils/state governments - Bulldogs got a multimillion dollar deal for Ballarat. Melbourne got the same for the NT. Roos get that for their Hobart games from the council, and Hawthorn gets similar for Launceston. Is Wagga or the NSW govt going to front up millions of dollars to cover other revenue losses?

*removed irrelevant dribble*

Councils/state governments - Bulldogs got a multimillion dollar deal for Ballarat. Melbourne got the same for the NT. Roos get that for their Hobart games from the council, and Hawthorn gets similar for Launceston. Is Wagga or the NSW govt going to front up millions of dollars to cover other revenue losses?

Exactly, thanks for the support.

You have hit the nail on the head of why Aussie Rules has the impasse it has!!

Aussie Rules biggest barrier is state based politics manipulated by competing interests. Why do you think Eddie Maguire was checked in Sydney??

So to defeat state based politics you ignore the state manipulators otherwise you are banging your head up against a wall and let yourself be gaslighted and instead operate and influence in the real world and ignore the state/council regime!!! Do you think people in the real world respect the politics of council and the states if they are working against them?? No every authority and power base within a state is state based!!!

Do you know why Queensland has been great apart from your three peat??? It is not Karmicheal Hunt, not Folau, not the gimmicks on the Gold Coast, its the fact the juniors at the grass roots are getting involved in Aussie Rules, the rest is largely BS!!

Last edited:
Do they understand?
Well we have gone from zero fans to 30k paid up members
Grassroots we and the Suns are growing massively.
Commercial? Well I don't know the Suns but the Giants are 5th in the league there.
Tv dollars are fine as far as I'm aware and growing every year.

Generational excuse?
We are building a club from nothing, literally zero, besides a few hard working volunteers in clubs such the Rams and Goannas etc the game was non existent in the West. The Swans didn't travel or do anything further West than Glebe.

We were not meant to steal fans from other clubs but grow our own.

You think your club got it's fans overnight?

Growing the grassroots, fan bases and all the community work/programs isn't giving back?

Are you this hard on the small vic clubs who have continued to take and after 100 years are still coming back for more?

I would say because he sees more success at the Swans than a small club in a flooded market, then there's als0 the loyalty aspect. Once again I don't care about the Swans coaching ideals considering our own coaching at the moment.

Do you really think, although he is called horse his decision was all about size??

This is the problem, you think you are building the club from nothing and are ignoring other aussie rules fans similar to any ignorance of Longmire's and your closest competitors situation and similarity!!!

Why do you think you are operating in a vacuum?? No wonder you may have issues with stakeholder engagement!!

Do you really think, although he is called horse his decision was all about size??

You are drunk. I don't know why you have a hard on for Swans and what they have to do with us but move on from it.

This is the problem, you think you are building the club from nothing and are ignoring other fans!!!

We ARE building a club from nothing. Was zip up here. You can't get that because you have a fishbowl attitude of a VFL club. Fans of other clubs have nothing to do with our club. They serve no purpose in this discussion.

Why do you think you are operating in a vacuum?? No wonder you may have issues with stakeholder engagement!!

Once again there is no issues with stakeholder engagement. That's the problem with traditional club fans. They think just because when they joined up the club was huge that it was always that way.

Building a club takes time.

Even your club started from nothing with nothing and took forever to get where they are.

You are drunk. I don't know why you have a hard on for Swans and what they have to do with us but move on from it.

We ARE building a club from nothing. Was zip up here. You can't get that because you have a fishbowl attitude of a VFL club. Fans of other clubs have nothing to do with our club. They serve no purpose in this discussion.

Once again there is no issues with stakeholder engagement. That's the problem with traditional club fans. They think just because when they joined up the club was huge that it was always that way.

Building a club takes time.

Even your club started from nothing with nothing and took forever to get where they are.

This is the problem, you are living in the fishbowl and you are getting raped by local councils and state politics and do not even know it!!

Why do you think a lot of the infrastructure spending is not targeted in your direction??

You do not even know who your friends and enemies are like Eddie Maguire in Sydney!!

I can understand why some players are leaving because they probably feel they do not have the underground support in Sydney for them to chase their dreams. Then you have other players they do not like the fishbowl lifestyle in Melbourne where its nothing but football!!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the problem, you are living in the fishbowl and you are getting raped by local councils and state politics and do not even know it!!

Why do you think a lot of the infrastructure spending is not targeted in your direction??

You do not even know who your friends and enemies are like Eddie Maguire in Sydney!!

I can understand why some players are leaving because they probably feel they do not have the underground support in Sydney for them to chase their dreams. Then you have other players they do not like the fishbowl lifestyle in Melbourne where its nothing but football!!
Clueless about anything up here aren't you.

Oh well I'm done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back