Giants in 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ten years into their existence, what will the Giants look like? This thread is intended for posters to have a crack at predicting everything Giants related in 2022. This will be when the '93 class of draftees will be hitting their physical peak. Some questions that could help your predictions:

How many premierships will the Giants have?
Will Patton/Cameron have won a Coleman medal?
Will the Giants have signed a big fish they have been pursuing?
Will the Giants still be playing at Skoda?
Will the Giants be permanently based in Canberra?
Will the Giants still be wearing orange and charcoal?
How many members will the Giants have?
Will the AFL start scrapping concessions when the Giants become successful?

If I'm being completely honest, I think the Canberra deal is an escape clause for the AFL should the Giants not catch on after 10 years. By that time the AFL is likely to have a team in Tasmania and will virtually be a national competition with teams in every major city. That's just my opinion, I'm sure a lot of you will disagree. The rest of topics are up for debate but I'm pretty sure they will have won a premiership by 2022.

AFL are very keen for GWS to succeed, so I think there will be sustained success for a 5 year period about 4 years from now.

Definitely GWS for 2-3 years will join the fight for top 8 and they may be able to win AFL. Giants still be wearing orange and charcoal because fans dont like the color changes.

Ten years into their existence, what will the Giants look like? This thread is intended for posters to have a crack at predicting everything Giants related in 2022. This will be when the '93 class of draftees will be hitting their physical peak. Some questions that could help your predictions:

How many premierships will the Giants have? Unknown, more than 2 but less than 10
Will Patton/Cameron have won a Coleman medal? Yes
Will the Giants have signed a big fish they have been pursuing? Patton and Cameron will be BIG FISH
Will the Giants still be playing at Skoda? Yep
Will the Giants be permanently based in Canberra? Nope
Will the Giants still be wearing orange and charcoal? Yep
How many members will the Giants have? 20k
Will the AFL start scrapping concessions when the Giants become successful? We will end up having the same as the Ballerinas.

If I'm being completely honest, I think the Canberra deal is an escape clause for the AFL should the Giants not catch on after 10 years. By that time the AFL is likely to have a team in Tasmania and will virtually be a national competition with teams in every major city. That's just my opinion, I'm sure a lot of you will disagree. The rest of topics are up for debate but I'm pretty sure they will have won a premiership by 2022.

The deal with Canberra is a way of getting funds from the Government, also gauges support for a full time club in the countries capital when we go to 20 teams (the other being tassie). We have a lock in for 20 years due to the moneys garunteed for the Skoda upgrade from showgrounds as well as the facility being built for fulltime training at homebush after the Blacktown council and NSW Cricket screwed us out of BISP.
The only change I can see besides full time at Skoda (or a new multi purpose stadium in western sydney) is dropping the Greater from the name in 10 years after we are no longer in Canberra.

The deal with Canberra is a way of getting funds from the Government, also gauges support for a full time club in the countries capital when we go to 20 teams (the other being tassie). We have a lock in for 20 years due to the moneys garunteed for the Skoda upgrade from showgrounds as well as the facility being built for fulltime training at homebush after the Blacktown council and NSW Cricket screwed us out of BISP.
The only change I can see besides full time at Skoda (or a new multi purpose stadium in western sydney) is dropping the Greater from the name in 10 years after we are no longer in Canberra.
Dont think we will be dropping the greater part of the name as the Giants have done a fair bit of work out here in the central west and we are probably further away from canberra than Sydney. The really heartening thing out here is that at the local Orange Auskick there are just as many if not more Giants jerseys than any other club. These kids will be the supporters of the future & in 20 years time hopefully thier kids.

Give the kids a good cheers at the next home game against the cats as we will be doing the halftime auskick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back