News Giants in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Story about the Giants on the front page of the Canberra Times this morning. Demand for tickets so high that they have had to cap guest passes, only 300 will be released, they're expecting a sell out despite the weather being bitterly cold.
Some idiots bitching about it on twitter

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

They capped them for all home games this year I think, at least in theory. You had to apply early for the first time. Apart from the Swans game I doubt there would have been a problem for Spotless games though. Manuka is a small ground.

http://amp.canberratimes.com.au/act...erra-members-for-granted-20170803-gxofl0.html

One member is threatening legal action. What a little bitch.
The club even has tried to help him giving him passes.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I finally got round to reading the story in full when I got home (man, it was cold at the footy today).

The positive is that it talks about the bigger crowds we're getting in Canberra, with another full house today, in the freezing cold against a smallish Melbourne club.

But...seriously, what a whinger this bloke is!! And as if a whinge-fest like this is worth front page coverage! I can't think of too many real footy fans who would have an expectation of getting guest passes when the ground is sold out, and you'd have to be a bit of a dill to have such an expectation.

At least we all know what he looks like now, I wont hold back if I come across him, what a dick, as if any club should be castigated for not giving away free tickets
It's a real issue of equality in giving the whinger what he wanted and not others who missed out, in my view.
That was a significant error, unless they believed they'd screwed up the wording and would have lost a fight. Either way can still piss him off, dont think there'd be much risk of a backlash.

It's a real issue of equality in giving the whinger what he wanted and not others who missed out, in my view.
That was a significant error, unless they believed they'd screwed up the wording and would have lost a fight. Either way can still piss him off, dont think there'd be much risk of a backlash.

It's always been understood that the guest passes are subject to availability. all my mates and I always understood that you'd get one if the ground is half full (say, playing the Suns), and it would be a lot harder, bordering on impossible, if a match was sold out. I'm pretty sure the wording was quite clear on this.

But once again, why would the CT dedicate its front page to this whinger?? (having said that, the underlying story is still overwhelmingly positive, that crowds are much bigger now).

It's always been understood that the guest passes are subject to availability. all my mates and I always understood that you'd get one if the ground is half full (say, playing the Suns), and it would be a lot harder, bordering on impossible, if a match was sold out. I'm pretty sure the wording was quite clear on this.

But once again, why would the CT dedicate its front page to this whinger?? (having said that, the underlying story is still overwhelmingly positive, that crowds are much bigger now).

I should add, personally, I've always found the Giants' membership staff in being pretty good, for example, changing seats to friends are closer together, etc.

Previous to this year you could email the club to get them by Thursday before the game though. That chanhed this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I should add, personally, I've always found the Giants' membership staff in being pretty good, for example, changing seats to friends are closer together, etc.
Echoing this sentiment. Every interaction and encounter I've had with membership staff has been pleasant and they have always been very understanding if not very accommodating

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ni...s/news-story/03058073b8de64cf291b6fe8c83aa7d0

Nick Maxwell slams Matthew Lloyd for saying Josh Kelly has withdrawn from the GWS Giants
Lloyd had said that he believed people at the Giants felt that Kelly was “out the door” and that it was showing in his interactions at the club.

“I think that people at the Giants believe that by the day and by the week, they’re losing touch with Kelly and that he is in a sense, withdrawing himself from that football club and that he’s still playing okay but they don’t feel like he looks them in the eyes like he used to,” Lloyd said on 3AW radio.

“So maybe they feel like he’s out the door.”

But Maxwell — who works at the Giants in a leadership/development role, along with being the club’s matchday runner — said Lloyd’s comments were “absolute rubbish”, citing the level of investment he’d seen from the in-demand Kelly.

“I’ve got no idea if he’s going or if he’s staying, no idea at all — all I know is that is absolute rubbish,” Maxwell said on Channel 7’s Game Day.

“Because I am with him for five or six hours every weekend for the game, before the game, after the game, I’m with him on review days and he’s in our leadership group and he could not be more invested.”

Maxwell said he believed Lloyd had received incorrect information.

“He’s obviously speaking to someone or getting information from someone who doesn’t know what they’re talking about,” he said.

“Because as I said, I’m with him (Kelly).

“So I don’t know — maybe there’s two or three days when I’m not with him every week where he might be (withdrawn) — but I couldn’t see him changing his personality that much because as I said, when I’m with him, he’s so invested in the group and we’re loving what he’s doing.”

More on the link

Queue the fear and loathing :)

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/al...e/news-story/eccc78f2c671a200d6dd39a169af8fa1

All-Sydney Grand Final would be Melbourne’s worst nightmare

MELBOURNE’S worst nightmare, an all-Sydney Grand Final, has taken a big step towards reality with GWS finding their mojo demolishing Melbourne in Canberra and the Swans doing likewise to Geelong on their home turf.

The harbour city match-up came within a solitary kick of becoming a reality last year when the Giants fell just six points shy of the Western Bulldogs in an epic preliminary final at Spotless Stadium.

In May the prospect looked near impossible when the Swans started the season 0-6 but an 11-2 run topped off by Friday night’s domination of the Cats has them equal second favourites ($5 with the TAB) for the premiership alongside the Giants.

The top of the ladder Adelaide Crows are outright favourites at $3.50.

What has the competition nervous is the improvement which is likely to come over the last three rounds before the finals.

GWS is the scariest — their stellar midfield of Josh Kelly, Dylan Shiel and Callan Ward has just been bolstered by the returns of Stephen Coniglio, Jacob Hopper and Brett Deledio.

After just two games back from injury Coniglio’s impact has been dramatic.

More on the link

All-Sydney Grand Final would be Melbourne’s worst nightmare

No offence but what the f#*k does "Melbourne" have to do with the grand final, other than that's where it's held?

Who gives a f#*k about Melbourne anyway?

Did "Melbourne" sink into a pit of despair with an empty stadium and everyone wearing black armbands for the death of football when Sydney played Wet Toast twice in a row - or Brisbane / Port Adelaide?

Why would this be any different?

Other than it's us?

F#*k 'em.

F#*k 'em all to hell.

No offence but what the f#*k does "Melbourne" have to do with the grand final, other than that's where it's held?

Did "Melbourne" sink into a pit of despair with an empty stadium and everyone wearing black armbands for the death of football when Sydney played Wet Toast twice in a row - or Brisbane / Port Adelaide?

Other than it's us?

F#*k 'em.

F#*k 'em all to hell.
Agreed, though for future reference, I believe you are actually supposed to type the word * and let the filter manage it, it assists with counting *s :p

It would still be a sell out.
:D I hope no one goes and the Mantra on Jollimont I stayed at for the Richmond game ( 3 mins from the MCG) has to offer heavy discounts to get guests.
But I doubt it will happen.

Is that because there's an allowance on the number of ****s you can use? Interesting, because if you ran out of your allowance, quite literally, you couldn't give a ****. :)
It does feel as though there is a literal unending supply of *s to be given tbh ;)

Yes.

Well, maybe not literally but there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth over first Brisbane/Port and then the two Sydney/West Coast games...

I can't be arsed digging it up again, but the AFL launched an inquiry into the state of Victorian football after those finals, that's how upset "everyone" (Victoria) was over it. No such indication of corresponding disappointment after the run of Hawthorn/Geelong, Geelong/St Kilda, Collingwood/St Kilda and Geelong/Collingwood.

Other than it's us?

F#*k 'em.

F#*k 'em all to hell.

This one isn't just a GWS thing. The Melbourne media literally hate the idea of there being no Victorian team in the GF because it seriously screws their profit margin - no one buying commemorative papers or whatever else for "their team".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back