News Giants in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I find some of the rumours that go around in the AFL media/gossip circle funny and the attacks on players can be brutal although not a favourite on here some of the things said about Tom Boyd are a bit off and they just continue to push the boundaries and I think it is the media and also agents who need to be held accountable for the promotion of players as the next saviour and I wonder what De Goey does at the end of the year and the size of his contract and the pressures it places on him
And if Langdon has another impressive game what they will be saying abut him and the rumours that will start

Interested to see what the media commentary on the Crows will be during the week and not saying they have the same injury list but it could be argued it is similar
Nothing is going right for them this season and I think from memory the last 2 years they have had a couple of good years with injuries but by the sounds of it with all the hamstring issues they may have pushed the players too far

wouldn't it be funny if one of the Melbourne clubs (don't care who) got punted before GWS or GC. some peeps are still living in their VFL bubble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to have a voice in the media with Davis on 'On the couch' Monday night

Phil has become quite the media tart this year.

There’s the Footy Fill Phil podcast
On the couch, as you said
special comments for 7 on Thursday night between the swans & cats
lot of screen time after the hawks game from the dressing room
He was on Bill & Boz last week too (and not for the first time)

He’s certainly getting around (and sounding articulate, intelligent and thoughtful in the process)

I don’t mind Bill & Boz (apart from Boz’s cackling, which would have to be the most annoying laugh in living memory) - being Sydney based they often find a spot for us. Gavin Robertson is a regular, Dean Brogan was last year too. Cogs has been on a couple of times, Phil a couple of times, Fridge was on recently and Kim Green was on last week as well.

Way, way better than the shows coming out of Vic. I mean, AFL360 has really gone downhill over the last 18 months or so - might as well call it VFL360 these days - certainly no longer required viewing.

Phil has become quite the media tart this year.

There’s the Footy Fill Phil podcast
On the couch, as you said
special comments for 7 on Thursday night between the swans & cats
lot of screen time after the hawks game from the dressing room
He was on Bill & Boz last week too (and not for the first time)

He’s certainly getting around (and sounding articulate, intelligent and thoughtful in the process)

I don’t mind Bill & Boz (apart from Boz’s cackling, which would have to be the most annoying laugh in living memory) - being Sydney based they often find a spot for us. Gavin Robertson is a regular, Dean Brogan was last year too. Cogs has been on a couple of times, Phil a couple of times, Fridge was on recently and Kim Green was on last week as well.

Way, way better than the shows coming out of Vic. I mean, AFL360 has really gone downhill over the last 18 months or so - might as well call it VFL360 these days - certainly no longer required viewing.
I like Davis in the media and I like Gerard Wheatley. Marngrook is the only required viewing for me though. They get great guests and the discussion is real.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-12/tiger-test-perfect-timing-for-giants-coniglio

Tiger test perfect timing for Giants: Coniglio

Adam Curley
Jul 12, 2018 10:54AM

LAST WEEK'S disappointing loss to West Coast saw Greater Western Sydney plunge four places on the ladder and outside the top eight, but Stephen Coniglio believes a visit from reigning premiers Richmond on Saturday night is perfect timing.

The Giants' fourth-straight win over Hawthorn the week before had propelled them into sixth, but the midfielders that helped turn their season around were beaten badly in Perth.

Even though the GWS onballers racked up some solid numbers, the Eagles got silver service from ruckman Nic Naitanui and dominated stoppages around the ground.

Coniglio told AFL.com.au that taking on the Tigers will sharpen the focus of the home side and get them back on track.

Brownlow medallists Dustin Martin and Trent Cotchin will bring the star power to Sydney, but Coniglio believes the likes of Kane Lambert, Shaun Grigg, Shane Edwards and Brandon Ellis add important elements that makes the ladder leaders' midfield so formidable.

"I think they complement each other really well, they're such a well-balanced unit," Coniglio said.

"The bottom line is it doesn't matter who we play this week, or the week after, I want to play finals and go deep into September and win the whole thing," he said.

"The big picture is we need to start winning again.

"The carrot is dangling for a lot of teams that are in that sixth to 10th (spot on the ladder) bracket.

"It's so tight at the moment but there's plenty to look forward too and a lot of motivating factors to get us through the next few weeks."

GWS could be reinvigorated by the return of star forward Toby Greene (foot) and veteran Brett Deledio (calf) this week, but both players would be coming in off a long layoff.

Deledio has missed the past nine matches, while Greene (10) hasn't played since round five, and with Jeremy Cameron (suspended) and Jon Patton (knee) out, Greene's brilliance inside 50 especially would be an instant boost for the Giants.

"Toby has been telling me for the last six weeks that he's a week away," Coniglio said with a laugh.

"But whenever he's ready he'll come back in and we'll have arms open ready to welcome back such a quality player.

"He's our best player so it'll be great to have him and 'Lids' in the team at some stage, and hopefully it's sooner rather than later."

More in the link

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2018-07-18/the-bigger-picture
Liked the article by Tomlinson and I know he likes the media and if he gets any airtime on TV or radio, if anyone has seen anything? Not a big profile player but hopefully if he wants it the club can put him infant of the cameras

Media will start beating the drum this week for the Giants finals hopes and I can see the week into the Crows game some media commentators foaming at the mouth like the dogs they are. Buckland had a good piece on the roar on this subject and it will be interesting if ch7 and crocmedia change anything in the offseason or they just increase the pack mentality

OMG

We are officially in Opposite Day.

Paul Roos actually said something nice about us on the couch tonight.

My jaw nearly hit the floor.

Also - Gerard was saying that the focus has always been on our first round draft picks, but we deserve credit for taking some lesser lights and developing them into really good players.

They then put up a graphic of last year’s picks and highlighted Taylor at 28 and Langdon at 56
“Pick up of the year Gerard, pick up of the year” Gary Lyon.

WTF is going on?

OMG

Also - Gerard was saying that the focus has always been on our first round draft picks, but we deserve credit for taking some lesser lights and developing them into really good players.

They then put up a graphic of last year’s picks and highlighted Taylor at 28 and Langdon at 56

WTF is going on?

68e36944a75666f32cc728e3a2d8c4c9.gif

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

OMG

WTF is going on?
So this is what an alternate universe feels like, damn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back