News Giants in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I really really hope this is right and he is here for good.

But what else would we expect him to say before the season starts.

Just want him to re-sign so we arent doing this all year.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Agreed.
Sooner the better and tbh the cost to keep him and cogs is almost irrelevant, the message it sends is that we are no longer a feeder club for the VFL, we are here in our own right.

Agreed.
Sooner the better and tbh the cost to keep him and cogs is almost irrelevant, the message it sends is that we are no longer a feeder club for the VFL, we are here in our own right.
We have Tobes and Haynes for life as 1 club players.
Would be great to get Kelly, Cogs and Tomo etc across the line as well.
Then we can get Jezza till the end in a couple of years.

Some ambassador payments wouldnt go astray.
Hell get him a job at Bing Lee for 2 hrs a week and pay him millions, works for the Vics.

I'd have him more likely to stay than not, but every puff piece like that just makes me think of Treloar's similar comments.
This

And it troubles me ne says things like he's waiting for a "gut" feel. I get a prima donna vibe. I hope I'm misreading the situation.

Nick Haynes actually commented on radio yesterday that he Hope's we can keep humility in the playing group, referring to the younger guys.

I'd have him more likely to stay than not, but every puff piece like that just makes me think of Treloar's similar comments.

Yeah, there is that. One point of difference though, for what little it’s worth, is once you get past the ‘love Sydney love the club’ bits that they all say was the line about being invested in the draftees, the young kids coming into the club. Treloar never said anything remotely like that. I thought that was a (hopefully) telling line. Thinking about more than just himself and his own relationship to the club.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/02/21/losing-talent-nothing-new-for-giants-davis/

GWS co-captain Phil Davis has scoffed at suggestions the Giants may struggle in 2019 following the departures of star trio Dylan Shiel, Tom Scully and Rory Lobb.
The Giants have been knocking on the door in their quest for their first premiership, playing off in a preliminary final in 2016 and 2017, before being knocked out by Collingwood at the semi-final stage last year.

As an aside why dont the media call us the Giants like they do other teams?

The club has requested it and they call all other teams by their mascot mostly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/02/27/gws-the-next-expansion-club-crisis/

0k here we go again.

From an observer’s point of view, the evolution of GWS over the past seven years reveals a club battling a plethora of issues.

Is the start.

Editing required.

It should say

From someone who has zero knowledge of the growth of GWS over the past seven years

Muppet.

Last edited:
Bit of a pointless story, read it all before.

As some good points but some others far off

As mentioned in other thread i think 2020 is critical in getting prime time games at spotless like the swans have at SCG

Games like Hawks, Bombers, Tigers, Pies even Bulldogs at 7pm on a Saturday night will push the crowds to 17-20k

Bit of a pointless story, read it all before.

As some good points but some others far off

As mentioned in other thread i think 2020 is critical in getting prime time games at spotless like the swans have at SCG

Games like Hawks, Bombers, Tigers, Pies even Bulldogs at 7pm on a Saturday night will push the crowds to 17-20k

Not keen on the Mutts at Spotless or Manuka at any time. There are certain scum it's better to visit at their place.

Hopefully plenty of

images (9).jpeg

Installed for round 22, given it's gonna happen.

Id rather have them at Spotless with Bombers, Tigers, Pies, Hawks and Swans then Gold Coast, Freo, Lions watch our crowd fiqures for those games

Least the Park is out front of Spotless for Bulldogs game and the Ibis

Id rather have them at Spotless with Bombers, Tigers, Pies, Hawks and Swans then Gold Coast, Freo, Lions watch our crowd fiqures for those games

Least the Park is out front of Spotless for Bulldogs game and the Ibis
There two teams I've ever booed onto the field. The Mutts at Manuka last year and Port Adelaide in the SANFL GF in 1977 ( young teenager on a weekend away and pissed as a cricket). Actually now I think also the South BH Kangaroos once around that time. It was aimed just at a guy that had king hit a mate a few weeks before though.

Back to happier topics I think the Saturday night thing looked good in 2017. Last year the three games dudn't really work because of poor weather, a horrible run if form and that smoke haze.

I get where your coming from though, I'd have thought they'd persist with a couple given there were reasons. Hard to read how much choice we have and it's probably convenient for the AFL if prevening games are a good option for us.

They clearly dont want Friday night games at Spotless with our only two scheduled for Manuka. Must be fear of the crowd I think. Manuka is a small ground and a sellout there looks a lot better on national TV.

I get Sydney people have commutes but the Swans do turn out a good crowd kn Friday night, too soon for us to push the envelope I guess.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/02/27/gws-the-next-expansion-club-crisis/

0k here we go again.

From an observer’s point of view, the evolution of GWS over the past seven years reveals a club battling a plethora of issues.

Is the start.

Editing required.

It should say

From someone who has zero knowledge of the growth of GWS over the past seven years

Muppet.

Just noticed this one my news feed, nice of the 'author' to not use an actual name. Looks like a cut and paste job from the main board of this site.

Still think he has a struggle for round 1, but I was wrong about Taranto.

I wasn't impressed with Hately in the scratch match. It was interesting to listen to Matthew Nicks on 5AA though. He was talking to a SA audience about a SA kid but he said he played SANFL as an inside mid against the men. Which was In a top team in Central districts as well.

We're trialling him as a wingman though, and that might explain why he didn't seem too involved.

Still think he has a struggle for round 1, but I was wrong about Taranto.

I wasn't impressed with Hately in the scratch match. It was interesting to listen to Matthew Nicks on 5AA though. He was talking to a SA audience about a SA kid but he said he played SANFL as an inside mid against the men. Which was In a top team in Central districts as well.

We're trialling him as a wingman though, and that might explain why he didn't seem too involved.

I felt he tackled well but his disposal wasnt damaging. Ran for the whole duration and got quite a few easy disposals. Went for short handballs to teamates and short lateral kicks. Showed he can last the match and over time with increased confidence I think we can expect the potency of his disposals to go up too. Has aspects of being a wingman but not convinced thats where his final position will be.

What separated Caldwell was his vision in traffic and ability to take the game on himself. Whilst not as built and durable as Hately at the moment, I think we have a real talent here if his body holds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back