News Giants in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/02/27/gws-the-next-expansion-club-crisis/

0k here we go again.

From an observer’s point of view, the evolution of GWS over the past seven years reveals a club battling a plethora of issues.

Is the start.

Editing required.

It should say

From someone who has zero knowledge of the growth of GWS over the past seven years

Muppet.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Pity the Roar is only online because I can’t use the line I use with the Murdoch press which is “I wouldn’t wipe my ar$e with it.”

We need a new saying that can be used for online publications.

Help me out fellas.

The problem with the Roar is that anyone can write an article, and so even those with a one-eyed view can get it into print. I'm unsure if they have any sort of review or quality control system - but if they do it's a s**t system. It's telling when the majority of comments tell the author that he's spouting rubbish.

It's not clickbait, it's crapbait.

My favourite snippets:

Jye Caldwell and Jackson Hately don’t know it yet, but they will be given the chance to audition for a Round 1 spot in Blacktown. Caldwell stood out in the practice match against the Swans last Friday, prompting Toby Greene to say in the previous meeting that it was the best first-up performance he’d seen from a draftee. High praise, given the quality the All-Australian star has been around.

In a room full of former players who played more than 200 games, it is long-time performance analyst turned team defence coach Luke Kelly who couldn’t be more emphatic about Taylor. Kelly, who spent five years at the Western Bulldogs as an analyst — including the premiership year in 2016 — then started in a similar role at the Giants before being promoted at the start of the pre-season is adamant Taylor is ready to take the next step: ‘He has been enormous this summer. I’m really confident he is going to have a big impact for us this year’. Cameron couldn’t agree any more. Mark McVeigh believes it, too.

Greene is in here picking the subject and timetable for his commerce degree. He has only a third of the course left to do and has already finished all the ‘difficult accounting subjects’. The All-Australian has a lot of admirers inside this building, but none more so than Addison. “Toby is actually one of, if not our best in terms of off-field development. Phil Davis and Matt de Boer are great (no surprise), but Toby is really switched on when it comes to his uni. Not many people know that, but that’s a fact,” Addison says while Greene fills out the form on his desk. Sometimes the reality is very different to the perception.

&

Haynes is recovering from a back injury that didn’t look good last week, but given how much he has improved in the past seven days, he might be right for Round 1.

we always get a good run on Bill & Boz. helps being a Sydney based program but we regularly get Gavin Robertson on and in the past Dean Brogan when he was with us was a semi-regular and also Phil, Cogs & even Fridge have been in. Tonight it was Adam Tomlinson who aquited himself well on the panel.

still hate Boz's laugh though.

Last edited:
I really, really rate Sam Taylor. Looking forward to seeing his progress this year.
That's my guy too, I know I was a little early after his first game in calling him the FB of the century, but man, I still think he might be :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/03...-breaks-down-the-six-highest-paid-players-in/
91e735a63bc6af5807639cb5eed00268.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Isnt Jezza on a huge back ended contract this season ?
He's on a big contract, whether it's backended is arguable I think. When he signed we had significant cap concessions which were maximised by not fully utilising the list size we were allowed.

Very usual for young talls to have ups and downs anyway. He turns 26 in April and that's around the age for most tall forwards to be at their consistent best. Not like he's been useless so far.

He's on a big contract, whether it's backended is arguable I think. When he signed we had significant cap concessions which were maximised by not fully utilising the list size we were allowed.

Very usual for young talls to have ups and downs anyway. He turns 26 in April and that's around the age for most tall forwards to be at their consistent best. Not like he's been useless so far.

Agree to both points with his contact over 1.2mil i believe hope he has a very consistent season and stays on the paddock ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back