News Giants in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Melbourne media didn't have their hands full with covid, pies, richmond etc etc im sure there would be beat up about this article

If the Melbourne media didn't have their hands full with covid, pies, richmond etc etc im sure there would be beat up about this article

I'd like to know the story though

It's been noticed by opposition supporters on other boards. I've always thought his contract situation was a little worry, especially with other signings since and potential ones this and next year. The timing of things here suggest it is Covid related and the pay cut during shutdown meant he couldn't afford it but still it does raise some eyebrows.

It's been noticed by opposition supporters on other boards. I've always thought his contract situation was a little worry, especially with other signings since and potential ones this and next year. The timing of things here suggest it is Covid related and the pay cut during shutdown meant he couldn't afford it but still it does raise some eyebrows.

There would be no reason to take a $300k haircut if he was definitely leaving. He could just sit on it and sell it closer to or after a move at which point hopefully the market would have recovered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"I was tagged a few times myself in the WAFL, so I had learned a bit there and then after playing at half forward and on the wing in the early days at the Giants, I planted a few seeds to Lenny Hayes and said if you’re looking for someone to do some run with roles, I’d love to get in there and think I could help."

Matty de Boer on how he came to the Giants and established himself as a tagger.

Great story about our latest lifer and determined to be 1 club player TFG.

'I'm one of Sydney's biggest advocates': Greene wants to be a Giant for life

Footy firebrand Toby Greene has declared he wants to be a Giant for life, saying he has no intention of leaving Sydney to play in the AFL's Melbourne fishbowl.

Greene will notch his 150th game in Sunday's clash with Port Adelaide, a milestone that will grant him life membership of Greater Western Sydney, a club he says he's enjoyed helping build from the ground up.

The 26-year-old said even though he has become "numb" to the media chatter and opposition fan abuse that seem to follow him around perpetually, he could not imagine abandoning his current lifestyle to chase a return to his native Victoria.

"I don't think I'd enjoy my footy as much," Greene said. "I guess you'd get used to it, being in one of those Melbourne clubs. I wouldn't know. The only time I'm there is over Christmas and things like that.

On the Couch reporting GWS in discussions re potentially dropping Coniglio.

Won't happen of course but when you're going as horribly as he is they'll leak things to put a cracker up him.

Or a vic reporter will just make s**t up.

Even Lids on Twitter gave the story a serve.

He is improving each week, there are many others that will go before Cogs.

I really can't let this captaincy thing go.

Is anyone scratching their head at the replaced Phil Davis being rolled out to front Giants Media after the loss and again as the player rep at the Presser on Tuesday? To answer questions about why the Captain (who replaced him) is out of form and whether he would be dropped?

Why would Cogs as the new captain not be out there front and centre standing up as leader, answering the tough questions and owning all this stuff??

Another article this morning regarding coaching....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back