Remove this Banner Ad

sydney_gws

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
qpr
Its not in the media yet, but with the 10 Vic teams to play each other in round 1, I think we play at home to swans on round 1 ( helps our crowd that franklin has a chance of scoring 1000th goal), with swans hosting hawthorn in round 2. I would guess the other option is swans host us in round1 then swans away to hawthorn at MCG round 2.

Last edited:

Afl using buddy 1000th to get gate takings up for orange plastic something something
I'd rather they play two games in a row at the SCG than having to watch a game at that shithole.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I've never actually watched a game there before, what's wrong with it?
The seats are too shallow so the distance sight wise is terrible.
The field itself is down right dangerous due to the ground being a rectangle for 99.9% of the time.

They need to fix it and just make it a permanent rectangle.

Pay the 30mil and finish Giants stadium to 35k.

Last edited:
The seats are too shallow so the distance sight wise is terrible.
The field itself is down. Right dangerous due to the ground being a rectangle for 99.9% of the time.

They need to fix it and just make it a permanent rectangle.

Pay the 30mil and finish Giants stadium to 35k.
I would usually have a rant about this as well but after the past 2 seasons I don’t care. I’m just excited to go to footy and cheer on the Giants, it can’t come soon enough !!

Bring on Round.1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RedV3x

It's about time some mods started being fair
Dec 14, 2015
It's about time some mods started being fair
AFL Club
Fremantle
I've never actually watched a game there before, what's wrong with it?

The sightlines are skewed when in oval mode.
Being a single bank stadium upper seats are a long way from the ground.
The stadium has no outer skin so the wind whistles through there.

For a one-off event where you're looking for capacity I wouldn't complain to much.

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
I thought Stadium Australia had been permanently re-configured for rectangular sports? Apparently not.

I have more than fond memories of a certain game there back in 2016, so while the scheduling is a surprise, it doesn't bother me. I'm more worried about not having Toby in the line-up.

Let the Swans whinge and whine about it all they like. They're good at it.

I thought Stadium Australia had been permanently re-configured for rectangular sports? Apparently not.
It was going to be done as part of the revamp, which got scrapped once they locked in the SFS demolition and rebuild that they really wanted.

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
Unfortunately don’t have a subscription. Or fortunately. Either way.

Here it is:

James Hird will fly to Sydney for another cameo appearance at Greater Western Sydney courtesy of his close friendship with Giants’ senior assistant coach and former Essendon teammate Mark McVeigh. The Giants set up camp in the Sofitel complex where Hird was working in June, which led to McVeigh asking Hird to deliver a 60 minute session detailing his wild ride in football in the lead-up to GWS knocking off eventual premier Melbourne at the MCG. Now Hird is poised to spend another day at the Giants for an even more intimate exchange of ideas and discussions surrounding his experiences. “James just came down as a guest speaker for an hour (in Melbourne), and it was brilliant,” Giants football boss Jason McCartney said. “So Mark’s been able to speak to James about coming up and spending a day with us. “He’ll just jump in some of the sessions and we’ll drill a bit deeper into what he spoke about with some of his experiences. “When those opportunities present through relationships with staff members or players you certainly jump at that.” McCartney said it would be foolish not to utilise the club’s links to such sporting legends, with beloved GWS staff member Gavin Robertson previously getting former Test captain Steve Waugh to impart his words of wisdom. “When you’ve got access to these people you’re certainly not going to knock it back,” McCartney said. “If our guys only pick up one or two things along the way it’s all worthwhile. “When (Hird) spoke to us before the Melbourne game it was just a bit of a snapshot of his football journey. “Obviously some amazing highs but some really dark lows there, whether it be when he had the navicular stress fracture to once he’d finished the coaching position at Essendon. “He’s someone that’s been through a lot in football and in life. Constantly everyone is learning and anything he can impart in a positive way with our guys we’re certainly happy to latch onto. “It’s a great thing to have a great person within our game that’s had some tough times just to be back in the fold, albeit in a guest speaking role. “He’s on a recovery phase himself from what he went through. We’re just very lucky that through Mark’s relationship we get to spend some time with him.” McVeigh will take a small group of players, including the club’s new leadership group, to the Central Coast for a night this weekend for a planning session on how they can set up for season 2022
AFL 2021: James Hird set to return to footy, working as mentor at GWS Giants | Herald Sun

Powkid

Senior List
Jul 31, 2012
Northern Beaches
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney Swans, Carlton
Stevie J helping out in club land at Manly Wolves in Syd premier division.

He played a game with them a couple of years ago, barely left the forward 50m arc and managed to kick 5 sausage rolls with 27 touches. Also an unbelievable goal deep in the pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sydney_gws

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
qpr
Stevie J helping out in club land at Manly Wolves in Syd premier division.

He played a game with them a couple of years ago, barely left the forward 50m arc and managed to kick 5 sausage rolls with 27 touches. Also an unbelievable goal deep in the pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is he still our forward coach for 2022??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back