GIANTS PODCAST - 2023

Would you be willing to partake in a Giants podcast?

• Hell yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Could be

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Maximus 2011

All Australian
Oct 4, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Guys, I understand there used to be a podcast Never Surrender that I used to listen to but they have not posted since 20 April 2022. I am sure there are a few in here who could get something up and going if they are pulling the pin? Thoughts on this guys?

Not a fan of the dulcet tones of Footy Phil?

One Eyed Giants used to be a pre-game radio for a few years, but now just focus on their post (win) game video recaps.

One Eyed Giants used to be a pre-game radio for a few years, but now just focus on their post (win) game video recaps.
I like the Footy Phil, but I think the intent is to create fan-based content not influenced by the club.
Easier to comment about the board and coaching, for instance.
We cover that stuff pretty well here.

I love Phil, but even when the club was totally failing on the field he was being positive and not critical… which I totally understand.
I would welcome a fan-based podcast.

I like the Footy Phil, but I think the intent is to create fan-based content not influenced by the club.
Easier to comment about the board and coaching, for instance.
We cover that stuff pretty well here.
Agreed, that is entirely the idea. Take a few things being discussed in the GWS Big Footy forum and discuss them on the pod.
Would love a fan based podcast and even feel if it gains enough traction we could reach out to the club and try and get a couple of players on board to chat with.

Footy Phil is pretty horrendous. Like the others have said it is very positive as you'd expect, there is ZERO speculation, Phil talks about his dog for 20% of the show or some useless facts.

I honestly believe with a premium podcast which is both fun and informative with plenty of speculation it could actually promote the club. I am happy to jump on and say a few things, I am sure there are people a lot more qualified than myself for it. The Never Surrender guys were good fun but have seemed to have lost interest.

BigFooty Giants Pod? Can’t see why not.

Never Surrender Pod seems to have umm surrendered.

Footy Phil while great to get content is obviously overtly positive due to being run by the club and the future Chairman.

Can maybe test the waters with a draft/trade repercussions or season preview?
That would be incredible! Does anyone have any insight into how we could do this? For a start just record a Zoom meeting between a few of us?

That would be incredible! Does anyone have any insight into how we could do this? For a start just record a Zoom meeting between a few of us?
I have no idea.

I’m guessing it’s a case of recording a zoom meeting.

Have a subject run sheet to discuss topics.

Edit if needed.

But it seems “time to do it” and when is an issue.

I myself, my anger about the the club (not so much results but the way we are run) may seem like the reason I’m not in here much, but it’s mostly due to a change of jobs and loss of a ton of free time that has caused my slowdown on here.

But if enough people are into it people could be rotated in and out depending on availability during the season.

Is there costs involved in doing a basic one?

Last edited:
I have no idea.

I’m guessing it’s a case of recording a zoom meeting.

Have a subject run sheet to discuss topics.

Edit if needed.

But it seems “time to do it” and when is an issue.

I myself, my anger about the the club (not so much results but the way we are run) may seem like the reason I’m not in here much, but it’s mostly due to a change of jobs and loss of a ton of free time that has caused my slowdown on here.

But if enough people are into it people could be rotated in and out depending on availability during the season.

Is there costs involved in doing a basic one?
I think recording a zoom is going to be quite the painful experience.
It would be great to get a Giants podcast up but audio quality would be ideal.
It doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg..even a basic USB podcast mic would increase the quality big time.
On top of that there are hosting costs involved for keeping the pod online.

Sounds fun though. I'd listen

I think recording a zoom is going to be quite the painful experience.
It would be great to get a Giants podcast up but audio quality would be ideal.
It doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg..even a basic USB podcast mic would increase the quality big time.
On top of that there are hosting costs involved for keeping the pod online.

Sounds fun though. I'd listen
Bigfooty affiliated podcasts are pretty easy to run, there's a system you upload into that puts it on spotify/ apple podcast all in one hit

Bigfooty affiliated podcasts are pretty easy to run, there's a system you upload into that puts it on spotify/ apple podcast all in one hit
Nice! Would you be keen to contribute Bangers? We would love to hear your thoughts. You could be the list analyst for the pod ;)

Nice! Would you be keen to contribute Bangers? We would love to hear your thoughts. You could be the list analyst for the pod ;)
I do love inflating my own ego

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I already do a couple podcasts for work

I’m really keen to get into this space but the trouble is:
A- I just doubt the Sydney market wants it
B- convincing my team to do it properly

I think if it was a swans giants one I’d get a bigger audience but I would struggle to talk convincingly about Sydney

But if it’s just GWS, the supporters aren’t rusted on enough to justify the time investment

A real conundrum

I think if it was a swans giants one I’d get a bigger audience but I would struggle to talk convincingly about Sydney

But if it’s just GWS, the supporters aren’t rusted on enough to justify the time investment

A real conundrum
If you build it...they will come.

PS: totally valid. Any club pod probably doesn't get the traction that a general AFL pod would. Maybe a general one that leeeeeaaans orange.

A real conundrum
Always thought the best way for a Footy pod/show would be a combined one for either the northern state clubs or a NSW one.
I think we would need to accept one just based on the Giants, for the time being, would be for a small group.
Which is always fine, gotta start somewhere.

A real conundrum
Do you think we could go to the club with a bit of a vision in that having a fan run podcast would likely bring about a lot more interest to the club. I know the Tigers do one with Matthew Richardson. It is tough, we would probably need to land an ex-player to create a bit of interest. Maybe something Tomlinson could do while spending time in the VFL? hahahaha BURN

Do you think we could go to the club with a bit of a vision in that having a fan run podcast would likely bring about a lot more interest to the club. I know the Tigers do one with Matthew Richardson. It is tough, we would probably need to land an ex-player to create a bit of interest. Maybe something Tomlinson could do while spending time in the VFL? hahahaha BURN
I don’t know if the club would be receptive but it could be an option. I wouldn’t want them to have too much say on what goes on or what we are allowed to speculate on either

I don’t know if the club would be receptive but it could be an option. I wouldn’t want them to have too much say on what goes on or what we are allowed to speculate on either
No to having club involvement.

They would want all sunshine and roses and if we are honest it isn’t at the moment.

Would love to be a part of a Bigfooty Giants pod, but would need to be a rotating fan thing. We all have work and fam commitments.
That and have no idea how to start or run one.

No to having club involvement.

They would want all sunshine and roses and if we are honest it isn’t at the moment.

Would love to be a part of a Bigfooty Giants pod, but would need to be a rotating fan thing. We all have work and fam commitments.
That and have no idea how to start or run one.
You want proper mikes and some editing skill as a min.

Back