Giants Pre-season for 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that I saw any footage of the infamous Adelaide camp, but the effects of that one became pretty well known as the crows subsequently fell off a cliff.

This seems to have a completely different vibe to what I would imagine was prevalent with the Crows and their post GF camp.

You’re right, doesn’t look much like a hangover - just a team enjoying each other’s company and eager to be getting on with it*.

*Unless it’s just cynically manipulated AFL Media propaganda covering the cracks as they force unhappy players to play for us against their will - while paying them millions under the table in brown paper bags - all to satisfy the 6 or 7 actual real fans that aren’t paid to pretend to follow the team.🤪
Hard to really say based on the pre season snippets.

I am now trained not to take them too seriously. Adelaide released a bunch of happy clappy pre season videos at the start of this year. To demonstrate how everyone was now happy friends for ever and there were no lingering issues from the camp. It was a lie haha

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY

Josh Kelly ran into a few injury troubles in 2019 and hasn’t reached the heights he set in 2017 since then. But if the first part of the pre-season is anything to go off, the star midfielder is laying the foundations to launch into 2020. Zac Williams and Jeremy Cameron are set for a year of scrutiny regarding their contracts, but both have improved their engines ahead of next season. Xavier O’Halloran hasn’t played a senior game yet, but the 2018 first-round pick has turned heads across the first phase of the pre-season.

Return date: January 6

Hi all, anyone have any insight or opinion as to who will be the successor to Jacobs/Mumford out of Flynn and Briggs? Really liked Briggs as an 18 year old but caught a couple of his NEAFL games and seemed to be played as more of a forward, don’t know a lot about Flynn

Hi all, anyone have any insight or opinion as to who will be the successor to Jacobs/Mumford out of Flynn and Briggs? Really liked Briggs as an 18 year old but caught a couple of his NEAFL games and seemed to be played as more of a forward, don’t know a lot about Flynn
Yeah that was the case when Flynn and Briggs were both playing in NEAFL.

All signs showed to Flynn being #3 and Briggs as #4 ruck options.

I personally feel Briggs will be the favoured successor in a couple years time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t Whitfield have an ankle reconstruction? Will be well behind in fitness.
I've heard nothing on that at all

https://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/552155/hands-up-for-origin

With the AFL today announcing that State of Origin footy will be returning next month as a fundraiser for the devastating bushfires, attention now turns to who represents the GIANTS.

Each club is expected to have three players take part in the match, but which GIANTS will get the nod?

The GIANTS are blessed to have a number of stars that could represent either the Victorian team or the All Stars (representing the rest of the country).

Jeremy Cameron is the reigning Coleman Medallist and could be pulling on the big V for the first time, while fellow forward Toby Greene is also considered one of the most damaging goalkickers in the land.

A number of the members of the backline brigade will be putting their hand up too, with Phil Davis and Zac Williams eligible for the All Stars and Nick Haynes a contender for his native Victoria after an outstanding 2019.

The Victorians could also look to a veteran GIANT in Heath Shaw, who represented the Big V way back in 2008 as part of the Hall of Fame Tribute match.

SLIDER-BUSHFIRE-RELIEF.jpg

The midfield is where the real headache will be for selectors, with captain Stephen Coniglio, vice-captain Josh Kelly and fellow mids Lachie Whitfield, Jacob Hopper and 2019 Sheedy Medalist Tim Taranto all likely to be considered for selection.

Further details on the State of Origin match, including selection, will be announced in the coming weeks.

I've heard nothing on that at all

https://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/552155/hands-up-for-origin

With the AFL today announcing that State of Origin footy will be returning next month as a fundraiser for the devastating bushfires, attention now turns to who represents the GIANTS.

Each club is expected to have three players take part in the match, but which GIANTS will get the nod?

The GIANTS are blessed to have a number of stars that could represent either the Victorian team or the All Stars (representing the rest of the country).

Jeremy Cameron is the reigning Coleman Medallist and could be pulling on the big V for the first time, while fellow forward Toby Greene is also considered one of the most damaging goalkickers in the land.

A number of the members of the backline brigade will be putting their hand up too, with Phil Davis and Zac Williams eligible for the All Stars and Nick Haynes a contender for his native Victoria after an outstanding 2019.

The Victorians could also look to a veteran GIANT in Heath Shaw, who represented the Big V way back in 2008 as part of the Hall of Fame Tribute match.

SLIDER-BUSHFIRE-RELIEF.jpg

The midfield is where the real headache will be for selectors, with captain Stephen Coniglio, vice-captain Josh Kelly and fellow mids Lachie Whitfield, Jacob Hopper and 2019 Sheedy Medalist Tim Taranto all likely to be considered for selection.

Further details on the State of Origin match, including selection, will be announced in the coming weeks.
Interesting line there about VC Kelly.

Looks like we have officially 1 Captain 1 VC.

Interesting line there about VC Kelly.

Looks like we have officially 1 Captain 1 VC.
Hard to say but it stands out as a comment, I hope so tbh, leadership sharing is all well and good but I am largely in the too many cooks focus group

Hard to say but it stands out as a comment, I hope so tbh, leadership sharing is all well and good but I am largely in the too many cooks focus group
We had a great group in the past and will always have leaders on the field but something about having 1 Captain and 1 VC makes it seem important.

New leadership group and no VC this year.
A new generation of players will lead the GIANTS in 2020 with three new faces added to the leadership group under incoming captain Stephen Coniglio. Reigning Coleman Medallist Jeremy Cameron, star forward Toby Greene and damaging wingman Lachie Whitfield have been elevated to the six-person leadership group and will take up official roles for the first time. They join midfielders Josh Kelly and Matt De Boer, who will continue their leadership roles in the expanded group. Unlike recent years, the leadership group will be without a designated vice-captain with each of the five players to share the responsibilities under Coniglio.

Of course the guys they have picked in our new leadership group are great and have earned the spot.
Agree but to me it seems seriously weird to have Phil Davis who I considered to be in the top few captains in the AFL no longer even in the leadership group at age 29.

Particularly when he's younger than DeBoer who is in there.

Agree but to me it seems seriously weird to have Phil Davis who I considered to be in the top few captains in the AFL no longer even in the leadership group at age 29.

He may have wanted to step down, he is doing a lot more media now..
I think it's also important to note that leaders aren't necessarily tagged as such

He might just be burnt out. Has been doing it from day one. Close but not close enough 4 years in a row.

Let the man enjoy his footy. He’s still the same bloke. I think the leadership changes are fantastic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back