Giants/Rangers/Pride/Stallions

Remove this Banner Ad

I also voted for Wolves.

Royal Blue & Black - like East Perth.

But I bet the winning name will be sadly be one of the 4 nominated names sadly. The people who came up with those 4 i assume were some marketing cretins who got paid thousands.

Wolves seems to be the unanimous public vote it seems. :D

They'll probably still persist with 1 of the 4 names anyway. Public has no say really, i don't know why they gave us the option to give our thoughts.

Western Wizards, cast a spell on the competition :p

I didn't mind Giants to be honest. Snakes would be fitting after hearing there was a bunch of them in the swamp behind the ground :)

Wolves... Wolves..... It HAS to be Wolves! Ferocious, complete contrast to Swans, but also with the dog connotations, making for good stuffed toys for the kiddies, which could have more more goofy, cute ferociousness. Rolls off the tongue, one syllable, isn't overused, we lack canine mascots in the competition with only the Bulldogs as competition, lends itself to darker colours, contrasting with the lighter colours of the Swans nicely.

IT HAS TO BE WOLVES!

Wolves... Wolves..... It HAS to be Wolves! Ferocious, complete contrast to Swans, but also with the dog connotations, making for good stuffed toys for the kiddies, which could have more more goofy, cute ferociousness. Rolls off the tongue, one syllable, isn't overused, we lack canine mascots in the competition with only the Bulldogs as competition, lends itself to darker colours, contrasting with the lighter colours of the Swans nicely.

IT HAS TO BE WOLVES!

X2 :thumbsu:

Wow, they really nailed 4 utterly crap names.

100% Agree. Also the other guys saying Pride sounds horrible I 100% agree.

Pride sounds like victory and heart and glory. A-League names are horrible names for a team!!!!!!

Get your act together and get some better name alternatives!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stallions is a reasonable name. The rest are just puncy "modern" names. You can't expect a much better name than "Stallions" in this era of crappy names.

How is Giants a "modern name"? The New York/San Francisco Giants of the baseball persuasion have been called such since 1885. The other Giants since 1925.

IT HAS TO BE WOLVES!

Yep im in the wolf pack. I think that this would also tie in nicely with use of the colour (tone) grey which is very diverse and could go with a blue, a green, a yellow or just about anything.

How is Giants a "modern name"? The New York/San Francisco Giants of the baseball persuasion have been called such since 1885. The other Giants since 1925.
It's not the sort of name that would have even been considered for an Australian football team until the mid 90's.

I could, I guess, have just called it an American name.

Pioneers for me, but can't picture the mascot ... other than Yosemite Sam!:D

also like iSwans 2.0 that was suggested elsewhere:p

Rams is a no-no ... that is the State under age team name.

Don't like the idea of any flora or fauna that is not indigenous either. :thumbsdown:

or

toss a coin ... Panthers or Eels???;)

Not keen on any of those names, especially Pride. Stallions is probably the best of them, even though I was never a fan of Marconi back in the old NSL days.
I've gone for Wolves with a two-blue colour scheme.

Agree with you GandF, Wolves definitely gets my vote. Would look great as a mascot for GWS.

Please none of the 4 names.... Pride? wtf? :eek: What about Western Sydney Mischief? :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back