Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it rare to have more than one sport on at the same time in Sydney?

Nah, league and AFL frequently share nights for example but it's rare to hold them both in the one precinct (Olympic Park). I think it happened maybe once last year.

Just had a look through the respective draws. We'll have 2 clashes with ANZ fixtures this year:

May 22 - we play at 3.20. Bulldogs/Roosters across the Rd at 4pm

Jin 25 - we play at 4.35. Bulldogs/Broncos across the Rd at 7.30

Just had a look through the respective draws. We'll have 2 clashes with ANZ fixtures this year:

May 22 - we play at 3.20. Bulldogs/Roosters across the Rd at 4pm

Jin 25 - we play at 4.35. Bulldogs/Broncos across the Rd at 7.30
Better pre-book parking if driving to the May 22 game!

wanderers most likely making spotless their main stadium till parramatta is rebuilt

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...a3ede12680b287b4a9180c83b7bc7?from=public_rss

for once i didnt come here to troll(i have made some non trolly posts), just wondering what is it like? i hear the variety of food is excellent, you can still see the match from the food lines and the view will be alright, i am looking forward to visiting there, also what section if any has the best view of the match? thank you for any genuine answers

The stadium is probably the best I've been to for but I'm not sure how it's going to go with the rectangular field, but the stadium playing surface seems relatively small. I'd avoid seating at the pointy ends because you're probably going to end up miles from the field.

wanderers most likely making spotless their main stadium till parramatta is rebuilt

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...a3ede12680b287b4a9180c83b7bc7?from=public_rss

for once i didnt come here to troll(i have made some non trolly posts), just wondering what is it like? i hear the variety of food is excellent, you can still see the match from the food lines and the view will be alright, i am looking forward to visiting there, also what section if any has the best view of the match? thank you for any genuine answers
Agree with dlanod; great venue especially for oval sports, I'm just not sure how that'll translate once it's in a rectangular configuration. I prefer the upper deck seating for the footy (anywhere around the ground, I think I've sat up there in all of the stands at some point in time) and daresay that'll give the best view.

Agree with dlanod; great venue especially for oval sports, I'm just not sure how that'll translate once it's in a rectangular configuration. I prefer the upper deck seating for the footy (anywhere around the ground, I think I've sat up there in all of the stands at some point in time) and daresay that'll give the best view.
They played league grand finals at the SCG for many many years, only difference between Spotless and ANZ is the front rows will be further from the action

thank you for the help i have seen one match at ANZ before so as long as the view is better than that i am alright with that, at the end of the day spotless is the best option, it has been officially announced

http://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/art...p1ng4npdiy0n4e?camefrom=EMCL_1027928_40078873

thank you for the tips i will try to go around the middle of the ground or something, the food at spotless does sound excellent, at least compared to parramatta

thank you for the help i have seen one match at ANZ before so as long as the view is better than that i am alright with that, at the end of the day spotless is the best option, it has been officially announced

http://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/art...p1ng4npdiy0n4e?camefrom=EMCL_1027928_40078873

thank you for the tips i will try to go around the middle of the ground or something, the food at spotless does sound excellent, at least compared to parramatta

It'll be better for sight than ANZ, simply because you're closer to the action. ANZ's bottom level is too shallow and too long and it just results in shitty atmosphere for anywhere other than right on the wing IMO. Parra Stadium is nicer for the surrounding area (much more to do at Parramatta than Homebush if you want to grab a drink or meal), but for in stadium eating options there's no comparison.

It'll be better for sight than ANZ, simply because you're closer to the action. ANZ's bottom level is too shallow and too long and it just results in shitty atmosphere for anywhere other than right on the wing IMO. Parra Stadium is nicer for the surrounding area (much more to do at Parramatta than Homebush if you want to grab a drink or meal), but for in stadium eating options there's no comparison.
thank you oddly enough i hear conflicting reports about which is closer to the action between ANZ and Spotless but i am more excited to go to spotless than ANZ, the only decent food for Parramatta stadium is subway but Spotless has a subway so it kinda cancels that out, sadly Olympic park is a bit dead right now but i hear its being developed but i dont think in time to really be helpful for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched the Giants v Hawks on Saturday from the members wing. Spotless is a great ground to watch footy as you can get so close to the action when down low but still see the play on the other side. Compared to the SCG which is wider but also rises significantly you just don't get the same viewing experience. Also whilst the Giants members aren't many they are extremely vocal and passionate which adds to the experience.

I watched the Giants v Hawks on Saturday from the members wing. Spotless is a great ground to watch footy as you can get so close to the action when down low but still see the play on the other side. Compared to the SCG which is wider but also rises significantly you just don't get the same viewing experience. Also whilst the Giants members aren't many they are extremely vocal and passionate which adds to the experience.
I wasn't at the game on Saturday but I would be interested to get your view on the ratio of Giants to Hawks fans?

I wasn't at the game on Saturday but I would be interested to get your view on the ratio of Giants to Hawks fans?
Roughly 75/25 I'd say, we were sitting in the upper tier of the members stand, and it was obvious after 10 minutes into the final qtr where the Hawks fans had been sitting

Roughly 75/25 I'd say, we were sitting in the upper tier of the members stand, and it was obvious after 10 minutes into the final qtr where the Hawks fans had been sitting
Well that's a far cry from what some reports (probably anti-GWS trolls) that about 8000 of the 13k in attendance were Hawks fans.

Well that's a far cry from what some reports (probably anti-GWS trolls) that about 8000 of the 13k in attendance were Hawks fans.
There was definitely 60-75% Giants v Hawks colours. As always there are a few neutrals in the mix, but on Saturday they were definitely on our band wagon. The Orange Army is growing and it is very noticeable in the members. Loving the vibe on the Wing where we are. Have some nice loud chanting and singing led by a hand full of lads and ladets around bays 275-280.

The test will be the next home game I guess. I doubt the Suns have too many expat fans here and I wouldn't think they'd travel in great numbers, so the crowd number would represent mostly the Orange army.

The bay I was in on Saturday was pretty quiet early. But in the 2nd quarter I was under the cheer squad bay taking the half time Auskick kids into the rooms. The noise echoing through the tunnels when the Giants kicked a goal was awesome - felt like the walls were shaking!

spotland! spotland! spotland! HELL YEAH !!!!!!! If we can have more then 2,000 paying fans turn up next homie it'll be awesome!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back