Expansion Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Agree, but It only matters what the AFL wants.
Mmmm

The AFL actually has no say in how the ACT government allocates it's money. They sponsor us and may, or may not choose to to sponsor the Hawks. You wouldn't go there without it.

Our deal actually includes the club being called the Capital Giants when we play there, even the song changes. We've also committed to playing finals there.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
How many weeks after the show is it out of action?
5 weeks in total, I think.

I can't see them moving us out to bring the Hawks in though, and they are in the process of extending the contract.

Personally, and this is no disrespect to our Capital brothers and sisters, I think we should be in western Sydney 100% of the time.
Easier to get people on board if we arent hedging our bets so to speak (My opinion and I'm almost 100% sure I'm in the minority there).

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

thegreig

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2010
Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars BBL
My tip is that GWS will play all their games there from 2021 with Hawthorn taking up the three Canberra games once they exit Tassie after the current contract.
Yeah I don’t know about that. I remember hearing an interview with the giants CEO where he spoke about their long term commitment to Canberra which included more home games, the possibility of finals and some pretty big financial investments around Manuka Oval

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Yeah I don’t know about that. I remember hearing an interview with the giants CEO where he spoke about their long term commitment to Canberra which included more home games, the possibility of finals and some pretty big financial investments around Manuka Oval
To be fair it was ACT governnent money. Nimbys seem to be the problem.

Pedantic

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mmmm

The AFL actually has no say in how the ACT government allocates it's money. They sponsor us and may, or may not choose to to sponsor the Hawks. You wouldn't go there without it.

Our deal actually includes the club being called the Capital Giants when we play there, even the song changes. We've also committed to playing finals there.
The AFL owns GWS. If they want them out of the ACT, they'll be out.

That said I'm not convinced the AFL would want the Giants out. And I'm even less convinced they would want Hawthorn there in this hypothetical scenario rather than say St Kilda.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
The AFL owns GWS. If they want them out of the ACT, they'll be out.

That said I'm not convinced the AFL would want the Giants out. And I'm even less convinced they would want Hawthorn there in this hypothetical scenario rather than say St Kilda.
Naah

You've completely missed the point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back