Preview Giants v Sydney Swans - Sunday 1:10PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe just me, but I hate when commentators call us 'the swannies'. Sounds like an under12s team.

Keli Underwood was doing it all day yesterday.
Kudos for a legitimate complaint on Underwood's commentary.

He was okay yesterday. Take out the first quarter and the last 3/4's were pretty decent. All we expect is for him to compete that's it.

I prefer to get a bit more out of a ruckman than just be there to compete.

I prefer to get a bit more out of a ruckman than just be there to compete.

Sure but we have to be realistic, he's not going to do that, no ruckman on our list can do that...and there weren't any available via a trade- we tried to get Lycett and he stayed with a premiership contender. Not sure what else we could have done.

Sure but we have to be realistic, he's not going to do that, no ruckman on our list can do that...and there weren't any available via a trade- we tried to get Lycett and he stayed with a premiership contender. Not sure what else we could have done.

Oh ok well I guess we shouldn't be critical of players because that's that.

Kudos for a legitimate complaint on Underwood's commentary.

Is it not legit if you don’t like her nasally voice and feigned excitement.

Take Isa GUha in the cricket she is world class. A breath of fresh air.

They Have Kelli Underwood and then Daisy Pearce who doesn’t take a breath or pause when speaking. There had to be better options than those two to introduce into the boys club of commentators.

Can we get Dermie and BT to commentate the netball this year? I mean if we have to put up with sh*te commentators in the name of gender balance, why don't they?

She is terrible. Actually they would make an outstanding trio. One of her suggestions as to how a bloke should take a shot at goal was laughable yesterday.

Oh ok well I guess we shouldn't be critical of players because that's that.

Expecting him to be the next elite ruckman is not being fair to the bloke. If at the end of the day he creates a contest and is handy that's fine. We need a good ruckman but it's not a pressing need till 2022 at least. Fix the other things, trade in a ruck when need be.

Ummm... Ramped?
No. Not Rampe. Once we got tall backs the idea was for Rampe to drift off onto the HBF. This is a far better and more appropriate position for him. He could become such a weapon there. But at FB and CHB, the way the rules have evolved, you need height. Ramps is being umpire out of the game at FB.

We have O'Connor (198) and Brand (198). They have the height that will allow them to compete under the new rules. O'Connor is new to Aussie Rules coming from Gaelic Footy but has shown something special. Brand is a serviceable lock down defender. When he is fit I see Brand probably filling that role this year.

Next year O'Connor may well surpass him. Gould has been touted as well. But Gould isn't KPP height either in this day and age. He is only 191. He is more your intercept player, likened to Shannon Hurn.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

You’re being generous.

He was up against a ruck yet to debut & got soundly beaten.

Take out the first quarter which he was poor and he'd be the first to admit that.

He broke even at worst, probably had the better of the last 3 quarters. I only expect a ruckman to compete that's it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Hewitt in the best 22?

I'd be surprised if he's not picked but on form he's going to be lucky. Probably fortunate in that he plays in a position we have less depth in. However on form, he'll be lucky to be picked ahead of some of the kids.

Take out the first quarter which he was poor and he'd be the first to admit that.

He broke even at worst, probably had the better of the last 3 quarters. I only expect a ruckman to compete that's it.
Have to disagree.

It’s no coincidence that us getting on top in Q3 coincided with all rucks being off the ground (Reid was rucking against Finlayson!).

At no stage were we on top whilst Briggs was at the stoppages.

She is terrible. Actually they would make an outstanding trio. One of her suggestions as to how a bloke should take a shot at goal was laughable yesterday.
I have no problem with Kelli and her voice is what it is. I can't stand BT, Dermie and Dwayne in equal measure. For me, I think Kelli's problem yesterday was getting so many player names wrong, however I know that is to be partly expected in a practice match.

Have to disagree.

It’s no coincidence that us getting on top in Q3 coincided with all rucks being off the ground (Reid was rucking against Finlayson!).

At no stage were we on top whilst Briggs was at the stoppages.

Each to their own. I just don’t think he was that bad. He was passable and that’s all I expect from him.

I have no problem with Kelli and her voice is what it is. I can't stand BT, Dermie and Dwayne in equal measure. For me, I think Kelli's problem yesterday was getting so many player names wrong, however I know that is to be partly expected in a practice match.

She is a horrible commentator but they all are bad nowadays so it’s just a matter of which bad you are stuck with

I just want him playing where he has more impact and helps the team win and IMO it’s in defence where he is boardedline A grade.
He isn’t much of a mid at all IMO
He got plenty of ball. He did not use ball well. That has always been his problem. Ball use. His kicking and decision making are woeful. So many times he just picked out Nick Haynes or Taylor and kicked to them. What he doesn't do is lift the eyes and look for options. He just kicks.

I'd be surprised if he's not picked but on form he's going to be lucky. Probably fortunate in that he plays in a position we have less depth in. However on form, he'll be lucky to be picked ahead of some of the kids.
Hewett is definitely best 22. He is having his first hit out coming back from injury. When we needed a cool head yesterday who stepped up? HEWEE. Yes he stepped up and slowed play down or controlled play. Cool head in bad situations is George. He will be ready to go by Round 1. This match was a Cobweb Washer.

Hewett is definitely best 22. He is having his first hit out coming back from injury. When we needed a cool head yesterday who stepped up? HEWEE. Yes he stepped up and slowed play down or controlled play. Cool head in bad situations is George. He will be ready to go by Round 1. This match was a Cobweb Washer.

I would hate Warner not being picked and is picking a bloke that clearly needs a month to get back to form. I do however expect my worst fears to be realised as Horse is the coach

Each to their own. I just don’t think he was that bad. He was passable and that’s all I expect from him.
Hickey got plenty of taps. Unfortunately nearly every one went to a GWS player. I mean he could have just grabbed the ball and handed it to them. It would have saved time and effort. Our mids were standing off their mids which is really strange. When Hickey was hitting it directly to their mids we had no body on them and they were able to clear very easily.

If your Ruckman is going to win the taps he needs to put them to our advantage not theirs. Cal Sinclair and Reid at least did that on a few occasions. I am crying out for Sam Naismith to have an injury free year. He is the only Ruckman we have who totally understands the phrase 'hit outs to advantage'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back