Preview Giants v Sydney Swans - Sunday 1:10PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hate Warner not being picked and is picking a bloke that clearly needs a month to get back to form. I do however expect my worst fears to be realised as Horse is the coach

So we just never pick a player coming back from injury because we can't wait a few weeks for them to find their form?

So we just never pick a player coming back from injury because we can't wait a few weeks for them to find their form?

I would rather that player find form in the reserves first that’s what they are they’re for

He's a senior player and newsflash... he was pretty good yesterday. Doesn't need the reserves. Automatic best 22.

Highly generous. Looked like he needs at least another couple of pre season games which isn’t unexpected coming off injury. I’m not saying he’s not best 22, in fact he’s in the best 10-12 players we have. However he’s nowhere near match fit and that’s an issue especially when we are playing Brisbane first up.

Highly generous. Looked like he needs at least another couple of pre season games which isn’t unexpected coming off injury. I’m not saying he’s not best 22, in fact he’s in the best 10-12 players we have. However he’s nowhere near match fit and that’s an issue especially when we are playing Brisbane first up.

No idea how you figure that. I had him in our best players yesterday. He's so clean and composed. Only took one quarter to be reminded of how much we missed him last year.

You do know the purpose of yesterday was to get players match fit?

Mcdonald had as good a first game as an 18 year old key forward could have had. Easily could have finished with 3 goals. The club would have been over the moon after that game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hickey got plenty of taps. Unfortunately nearly every one went to a GWS player. I mean he could have just grabbed the ball and handed it to them. It would have saved time and effort. Our mids were standing off their mids which is really strange. When Hickey was hitting it directly to their mids we had no body on them and they were able to clear very easily.

If your Ruckman is going to win the taps he needs to put them to our advantage not theirs. Cal Sinclair and Reid at least did that on a few occasions. I am crying out for Sam Naismith to have an injury free year. He is the only Ruckman we have who totally understands the phrase 'hit outs to advantage'.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app
It was surprising watching him yesterday, as hit outs to advantage is one of his strengths, but a lot went straight down and played right into their hands. it takes a little time to build connection with your mids, as much as you try to get that in training its on game day you start to really build that.

I also think GWS were expecting him to get the taps as the experienced ruckman. Which is where the lack of connection really shows up.

I think he will be a great get for you guys. IMO it will be evident as the year progresses.

apologies for the intrusion.

evening, all ...
i used to post on here many years ago and reading over the game thread last week, and now this, i remember why i stopped
quite incomprehensible the vitriol and kneejerk ignorance through two preseason games, and preseason these days not even as serious as it used to be ... it's like reading schoolkids' diary entries, friggin laughable ... posting on every damn missed kick or dumb play or umpire mistake ... some people need to take a deep breath and count to 10 ... and then not post ... although i know we've all got opinions and favourite heroes and villains
but as far as i'm concerned we're going to be a damn good football team again sooner rather than later ... finals might not be realistic this year (although we live in hope) but as david king said today, we're not far off
blakey, mccartin and rowbottom will be key members of that team, young campbell is a star, already looks to have smarts, style, vision and that boot! ...
the criticism of hickey is very harsh, he deserves time to get used to his new team, and the team to him ... kennedy and parker will do what they always do, despite slowing down ... the likes of heeney and rampe will be fine, melican too
and i'm also happy to say i'd trust our coaches, certainly compared to GSW ... had longmire been in charge of the giants the past 3-4 years he'd have won at least two flags ... with the talent cameron had, he really blew it ...
anyway ... despite all the bickering and sniping and dumb comments, we're swans fans and i'm looking forward to the next few years, last year (and again this year) feels a bit like 2002-03, we're building ... and looking forward to posting on here again ... well, i think ...
one last point: i'm not at all confident we're going to see much more of franklin, for a big bloke he now seems more injured than not, and even fit he's gonna be prone to issues ... and that's if he's still hungry for it ... and i also regret losing aliir, think he's going to make an impact at port (good grief, port!) ...
oh, and those criticising kelli underwood's voice ... geez, i'd rather her than almost every male commentator (good riddance to friggin mcavaney), spare me that buffoon taylor, the w***ery of brereton, cometti wanna be dwayne russell, et al ...
Based on what you have stated here, you should post more often. A bit of sanity amongst the madness.
The kneejerk remarks from most here are simply laughable.
The criticism of Mills. Can't play midfield etc, etc. He was BOG playing as a midfielder last week.
I was though somewhat disappointed in the performance of Hickey. Keeping in mind he was in reality a straight swap for Aliir. Although I was not happy in letting Aliir go, I felt at the time our complete lack of a ruck was more of an issue than losing Aliir. I hope that what we saw yesterday was the worst we will see of Hickey as he really was disappointing.
I am very much of the same thinking as Kingy. I see this year as another one of mediocrity, probably somewhere between 10th and 14th, but then we will play finals in 2022. 2023 and beyond we will be in premiership contention.
In relation to Kelli Underwood. I also feel her voice is not great as a commentator however I would much rather listen to her than the drivel you constantly have to put up with from the 7 muppets. To think that they are looking at adding James Brayshaw to the idiotic Brian Taylor. The tv will be going on mute every Theursday & Friday night. Thank God, I've got Fox Footy for the remaining matches.

Yet most here wanted us to draft Granger Barass.
I was one of them (who wanted DGB).

However, I think you'll find that most assumed (reasonably so) that McD would be gone before our pick. We got a bit lucky!

The key now will be keeping him beyond 2022, as Hawthorn et. al. will come waving fists full of cash.

O

Love the irony of a post that opens with a complaint about “vitriol” and ends with a savage dose of that same vitriol.
i thought it was obvious that the reference to vitriol was specifically meant for swans fans having a go at swans players and fellow fans ... i have no problem anyone firingup at anything outside the sydney football club, and indeed i have frequently aired contempt for the football media at large ...
and as another poster later reminded me ... james brayshaw!??! eddie mcguire lite, right down to his taking over his club, at best described as collingwood lite ... and that's certainly not meant as any faint praise for mcguire and collingwood

However, I think you'll find that most assumed (reasonably so) that McD would be gone before our pick. We got a bit lucky!

The key now will be keeping him beyond 2022, as Hawthorn et. al. will come waving fists full of cash.
Yeah I really thought McDonald was going to be pick 1. Still can't believe we got him

Apparently Logan only cares about being the best and working. Doesn't even talk.

I think we got a beauty career Blood just quietly

Very enjoyable game of footy. Quick ball movement and it seemed like players were more willing to go through the corridor.
Apparently Logan only cares about being the best and working. Doesn't even talk.

I think we got a beauty career Blood just quietly

Heard on commentary they said he's very quiet. Hopefully by the end of the year he'll speak up more and improve his communication skills.

He'll be a vital cog in our future forward line and communication with others will be key to set up appropriate structures and leading patterns!

Two weeks in a row we’ve created more scoring shots than the opposition but due to our delivery we aren’t able to capitalise. Forward line was too short in the first half. Especially with Reid in the ruck. Hayward and Heeney as the key forwards were always going to be undersized. McDonald provided an instant tall target that could stretch the Giants in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back