List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 Trade Discussions! V2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK it Obvious a few don't understand the difference Live trading will have on the Drafting next year.
Gibbs this year for 10 and 16 with Carlton 2018 2nd coming back is a good move with Live trading in 2018. a very good move.
More pick in 1st 2 round next year better our chance of getting Rankine, Lukosius or Rozee. maybe even 2 of them.
ie Lukosius gets called at 8, we have 10, 16, 24 and 36. we can then on the day = 10 and 24 for Lukosius.
Live drafting changes a few thing next year and having 4 kids in the 20 make it important for the Crows to get as many picks in the top 2 round as possible,
Not give them up.
Pick 25 in 2018 is worth more to the Crows than pick 16 this year. I would even give up 10,16 and 39 for Gibbs and Carlton 2018 2nd round (25) Because it gives us a better chance of Rankine and Lukosius.

Is the "Live Trading" a definite goer for the 2018 draft??

I think it's simply a case of wait and see on this deal as a few factors are in play:
1 - Where we finish, do we win a flag, it can be made from water to wine if this is the case however you want to paint it
2 - Finishing positions, we are CLEARLY hedging this on us being in the top few and Carlton in the bottom few as then its realistically pick 10 for a slight swap of picks in a so called stronger draft
3 - Who pick 10 is and what they show next year or 2

This trade won't have a clear result for a few years yet.

exactly, and wind back a couple of weeks and you seemed to think that the difference in strength is likely marginal rather than significant, so why the change of heart?

Seems you don’t read or recall real good

You’ll not find one post, ever, where I pass an opinion on the actual quality of the draft itself

Not one.

If you want to hang your hat on what I say then at least pay proper attention

dogs105 isnt real bright so he’s got an excuse. What’s yours?

you said pick 22 next year would be as good if not better than pick 16 this year, so at the moment you must be pretty confident that next year's draft is much stronger no?

You’ve got no excuses for deliberately misquoting me after it was explicitly clarified to you only a few minutes ago

That’s not what I said at all

Deliberately didn't post immediately after it went down because I went into instant-melt mode, but now that I've had time to process it, I don't hate this trade.

Basically traded out of this year's draft for Gibbs and a (probably) significant upgrade on our round 2 next year. So we've probably got 3 picks in the top 20 next year in a supposedly strong draft (could end up being 4 if we lose Sloane next year and get 1st round compensation). If that draft goes as deep as people seem to think then we should be quite capable of compensating next year for what we've given up in this year's draft.

That said, if we're doing this deal now, we might as well have done it for 2 firsts last year. We'd basically have given up Gallucci and 16 this year for Gibbs, and we'd still have 10 this year and both of our 2 firsts next year. We'd miss out on the 2nd round pick upgrade next year, but would have had an extra year of Gibbs on our list. Not that it would have made a huge difference to the Grand Final result.

The deal is still a win for Carlton, but it was always going to be, given his contracted status. I don't think the overs we paid were above and beyond the premium you'd expect for a contracted player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole footy world would be laughing at us.

So would I if I wasn't too busy being filled with rage.

It’s a make or break move. They can laugh all they want.

I’m not convinced it’s the worst thing ever. We need to go hard -now- our window is open.

I’m going to wait and see before passing judgement. Maybe Bryce is the missing link or whatever - him Sloane and the Crouch boys? Yum.

Did we overpay? Most definitely.

A
Have we given him a new contract?
Appatently.
Seems you don’t read or recall real good

You’ll not find one post, ever, where I pass an opinion on the actual quality of the draft itself

Not one.

If you want to hang your hat on what I say then at least pay proper attention

dogs105 isnt real bright so he’s got an excuse. What’s yours?

You’ve got no excuses for deliberately misquoting me after it was explicitly clarified to you only a few minutes ago

That’s not what I said at all
Bwahahahaha

Gibbs is a superstar.

Carlton players, whilst great at my club, only receive proper national recognition when elsewhere, particularly at stronger teams surrounded by better players.

Gibbs and Sloane with the Crouch brothers as supporting cast is a damn strong midfield, just need organic growth from the periphery to be contending again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back