List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 Trade Discussions! V2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Rockliff goes to Carlton, they'll be more likely to release Gibbs for fair value
Agree.

Think Kennedy is their most likely recruit. Perhaps we just need to keep GWS happy.

No way Carlton are getting Kennedy & Smith for Gibbs & Smith prefer the Cats.

If you spend time reading the Blues board, you will begin to understand their stupidity and the dumb mentality of the average Carlton supporter.

They know they cannot recruit well unless its a high draft pick. To them pick 18 for Gibbs is massive unders.

For the Carlton supporters, let this set in for a while. The AFC made the GF without a top 10 pick. Carlton will never ever achieve that. It takes a special strong Club to achieve that, especially given the way the AFL has set up the draft and salary cap. Food for thought.

Sounds like GWS want pick 3 for Smith and Kennedy
I can understand why GWS are asking for #3, as Smith & Kennedy are decent players, not their usual offcuts they usually send Carlton's way.

If only Kennedy wants to head to Carlton, the out Gibbs pick(s) should satisfy GWS... but if Smith picks Blues over Cats (which I doubt), Blues will need to give up #3, as their next look is #38 won't cut it. GWS could send back pick #23 or 25.

At which point do Carlton overtake the AFL for gifting GWS with more first round picks for nothing?

Carlton is determined to ultimately gift the GWS their first flag via draft picks.

I think SOS is still working for GWS by sabotaging the Blues recruitment. Brilliant double agent.

Thats fair dinkum unbelievable

I'm a little bit unsure, pick 3 is a really good pick and I find it hard to put a value on Kennedy but him and Smith are at a good age where the Blues will have plenty of time to turn them into shells of their former selves, skiing when the game is won, struggling to get a touch when the heat is on, you know, Carlton football.

I think SOS is still working for GWS by sabotaging the Blues recruitment. Brilliant double agent.

Best part is, he's like the Manchurian Candidate, he doesn't even know he's been programmed to do it, like he's naturally gifted at being terrible at recruiting.

Maybe Sheeds did it as a master Essendon troll back to Carlton...

I'm a little bit unsure, pick 3 is a really good pick and I find it hard to put a value on Kennedy but him and Smith are at a good age where the Blues will have plenty of time to turn them into shells of their former selves, skiing when the game is won, struggling to get a touch when the heat is on, you know, Carlton football.

What draft picks were they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s**t, I wouldn't ask me, I thought Matera was pick 2 in a draft but apparently was never in the draft...

From memory, they were both first round teen picks

I have no idea either. Never heard of either player.

I have no idea either. Never heard of either player.

Devon Smith I rate, really gifted footballer who probably went a little backwards because GWS had a boner for Stevie J this season, which derailed their season. Good H/F who can run through the midfield, skills on both side, knock is his size, he is probs 175 cms, so would be the butt of many jokes at the club; also more than likely to be angry because of shortness.

Kennedy, inside mid, gets lost among other GWS mids. I mean he could be really good but when the other mids are Shiel Cogniliio and Kelly, you'll look like a bucket of s**t in comparison.

s**t, I wouldn't ask me, I thought Matera was pick 2 in a draft but apparently was never in the draft...

From memory, they were both first round teen picks

That's an easy guess as that is all they have ever had.

I can understand why GWS are asking for #3, as Smith & Kennedy are decent players, not their usual offcuts they usually send Carlton's way.

If only Kennedy wants to head to Carlton, the out Gibbs pick(s) should satisfy GWS... but if Smith picks Blues over Cats (which I doubt), Blues will need to give up #3, as their next look is #38 won't cut it. GWS could send back pick #23 or 25.
And a lot of Carlton fans thought they'd get both for 2nd round picks each.

That would be much closer to fair value for the both of them.
Nah, Carlton winners there, 1 highly proven medium forward who could reasonably be expected to play some midfield if required and a top young midfield prospect who'd likely go somewhere in the 1st round this year if in this draft IMO.

Nah, Carlton winners there, 1 highly proven medium forward who could reasonably be expected to play some midfield if required and a top young midfield prospect who'd likely go somewhere in the 1st round this year if in this draft IMO.
I trust your judgement Bicks. Given that the Carlton board think the Gibbs compensation will be enough to get it done for both players, I think that at least pick 3 is closer to fair value but it seems that fairness is not a consideration over there. e.g. Last years demands for 2 first round picks for Gibbs.

I trust your judgement Bicks. Given that the Carlton board think the Gibbs compensation will be enough to
get it done for both players, I think that at least pick 3 is closer to fair value but it seems that fairness is not a consideration over there. e.g. Last years demands for 2 first round picks for Gibbs.

I’d just as happily take smith as Gibbs, so not sure where the change left over is for Kennedy

Did I read a post in the closed thread stating the "jungle drums" say we are trading Lever and 36 for 10 and 28? So we receive a 4 pick upgrade on the one we used for Lever in the first place, AND we give up pick 36 for an 8 pick upgrade? * me, where do we sign? :rolleyes:

Did I read a post in the closed thread stating the "jungle drums" say we are trading Lever and 36 for 10 and 28? So we receive a 4 pick upgrade on the one we used for Lever in the first place, AND we give up pick 36 for an 8 pick upgrade? **** me, where do we sign? :rolleyes:
+1

It gets better, apparently we are also giving up that pick 10 for a player at Carlton with at best just two years left and even thats not enough for them.

Lever and our first rounder for Gibbs.

where do we sign? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back