List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 Trade Discussions! V2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Terry Wallace isn't considering when directly comparing us trading Lever out and Gibbs in is that Lever was uncontracted and named a club, he was going no matter what, we lose value here, we are then trading in a contracted player, that adds value, look at what we want for Cameron.

Now if there was a 21 year old player of Lever's quality, who was out of contract and actually wanted to come to Adelaide, and we still went with Gibbs we'd have massively paid overs. Unfortunately for us those players don't seem to exist.

3JRojyr.gif
Sailor moon got real weird

Our 2nd Rounder next year shouldn't of been in that deal.

What can we do though? As people have said 10 and 16 in the past 6 drafts haven't resulted in anyone good.

Even if we had Pick 10 he would of played in the SANFL all year.

And if Carlton finish first and we finish 18 it gets even worse.

At the very best outcome for us (we finish 1st, Carlton 18th) we're downgrading 2 picks 1 place and it just gets worse for every pick we move down and every one Carlton moves up.

Carlton have almost no risk and we bear it all. You can't just ignore it because the pick downgrades are there.
They go backwards without Gibbs in the short term though, thats why Bolton didn't want him to go, he knows the pressure he will be under after next year.

Move away from the keyboard, Stop posting you are drunk.

Expecting Gibbs is play 100 games for us is going to be a great challenge. He is 29 in R1 next year.
He's also 29 in rd 23.
If you wanna have a debate fine, if you wanna slur me bring it.
You're a panicky norrow minded fool that can't read past a headline or apply rational thought. Your rantings are emotional and child like. Grow up idiot.

To get a guage of the grasp Terry Wallace has on the lists across the league, all you have to do is listen to him do a List Analysis of an interstate club. The bloke is just a talking head.

Or even better look at his record at Richmond. How a coach who presided over one of the worst periods of list management at a club over the last 20-30 years is now known in the media as the "List Manager" is astonishing.

Seems you don’t read or recall real good

You’ll not find one post, ever, where I pass an opinion on the actual quality of the draft itself

Not one.
so? You don't have to pass an opinion on the actual quality of the draft itself.

This is absolutely spot on. 2 years this year was a super draft now it’s a pile of crap

Next year is always so amazing

I posted an article recently how Hawthorn withdrew their offer to Sydney for O’Keefe because in the end they decided they could not afford to miss out on the 2008 super draft!

2008 sucked dog balls
Sanders said:
I wouldn't drink the next year is awesome koolaid that the draft bunnies peddle most years too soon.

it's a way of talking about their great knowledge of draftees, without the scrutiny. always next year.
of course you don't explicitly rate this year's or next year's drafts, but you seem pretty cold on any suggestions that "next year's" draft is ever going to be amazing - and quite rightly too I would think. Most clubs are playing the lotto outside of the top 5 picks each year, what chance have they got of accurately rating the strength of top 40 odd a year in advance? Let alone the average commentator in the media.

You’ve got no excuses for deliberately misquoting me after it was explicitly clarified to you only a few minutes ago

That’s not what I said at all
so when you say:
It’s really 10 + slight down grade on 2017 first to 2018 second. If draft quality is to be believed 22 in 2018 worth more than 16 in 2017

In effect pick 10 for Gibbs straight up or maybe even a bit less than 10
you don't think that constitutes the slightest change in your stance on draft commentators' ability to predict a draft 12 months out? Sure, you say "if", but you're effectively using the assumption they're going to get it right for a change to rubber stamp the Gibbs deal. Your cynicism for the draft futurists is nowhere in sight. What if 2018 is a bust and this year's draft is just as good? How does the value on our side of the deal look then?

He's also 29 in rd 23.
If you wanna have a debate fine, if you wanna slur me bring it.
You're a panicky norrow minded fool that can't read past a headline or apply rational thought. Your rantings are emotional and child like. Grow up idiot.

Stop playing the fool you are drunk. Youre posting like a immature juvenile.

Accept that he is 29 in R1 and will have to play 5 seasons at the age of 34 for us to qualify for a potential f/s rule. Which incidentally I do not care at all about, you raised it, but your lunatic ranting on here about him playing 100 games without realizing what that entails is just stupid.

Move along and let the adults talk.

No idea why people think this is a bad deal. By all acounts, this years draft is suppose to be average, we get a consistant player in our premiership window. Plus we get their second for next year by all acounts is a superdraft. That second could be an early 20s pick, which i dare say would be higher rated than pick 16 this year.

Accept that he is 29 in R1 and will have to play 5 seasons at the age of 34 for us to qualify for a potential f/s rule. Which incidentally I do not care at all about, you raised it, but your lunatic ranting on here about him playing 100 games without realizing what that entails is just stupid.

You are on of the most dense posters on this board. Getting huffy with me wont change that. There is a cleanup on isle 4, run along now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are on of the most dense posters on this board. Getting huffy with me wont change that. There is a cleanup on isle 4, run along now.

Go away champ, go lay down. You are clearly posting while drunk.

You are offended by a difference of opinion, about an issue that is at least 5 years away. Grow up and think about the way you post.

You are upset because an anonymous poster said it would take 5 years for Gibbs to play 100 games. Dear God. Wow, just wow. Thats pathetic.

This is why someone's head needs to roll

We had the opportunity last year for pretty much the same whoever stuffed it up and decided to go hard this year is a moron

I was more than happy to give up two firsts last year we wouldn't have Galluci and 16 but we would have pick 10 this year and Gibbs

Gee what a cok up

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not too fussed about 16 but pick 10 will cost us any chance of picking up the best SA kid in this years draft, Fogarty.

Go away champ, go lay down. You are clearly posting while drunk.

You are offended by a difference of opinion, about an issue that is at least 5 years away. Grow up and think about the way you post.

You are upset because an anonymous poster said it would take 5 years for Gibbs to play 100 games. Dear God. Wow, just wow. Thats pathetic.
I'm not offended by a difference of opinion at all. I encourage debate. You tried to throw mud and say that I was drunk then you carried on like a glass jawed toddler as soon as you got a little heat. You are a bed wetter, I hope that you changed the sheets this morning although your customers are probably used to the smell.

I'm not offended by a difference of opinion at all. I encourage debate. You tried to throw mud and say that I was drunk then you carried on like a glass jawed toddler as soon as you got a little heat. You are a bed wetter, I hope that you changed the sheets this morning although your customers are probably used to the smell.

Back down and sit down and shut up for a change.

I said Gibbs would have to play 5 seasons to get 100 games and thats being conservative too, you had us playing around 25 games per year for the next 5. You have been comprehensively owned, your argument is flawed.

You seem a like a bitter angry child, thats been shown up. Move along and cry me a river somewhere else. Your tears are salty and delicious.

Except he'd be 33 at the end of his 5th year with us...

Back down and sit down and shut up for a change.

I said Gibbs would have to play 5 seasons to get 100 games and thats being conservative too, you had us playing around 25 games per year for the next 5. You have been comprehensively owned, your argument is flawed.

You seem a like a bitter angry child, thats been shown up. Move along and cry me a river somewhere else. Your tears are salty and delicious.
No tears here, you threw the mud, you flipped out now you're whamming like a baby, just because you are upset doesn't mean that I am. Apricot slice is running out the door, better open another checkout.

Except he'd be 33 at the end of his 5th year with us...

Thats right and how many players play beyond 30 well let alone play full seasons.

The assertion I made which I stand by is that Gibbs would have to play almost 5 seasons for the AFC not to mention be injury free as well.

That was the original discussion. I never said he couldnt do it, just that he needs to play 5 years for us, thats a long time for a player that is 29 in R1.

lever: was going anyways, got 2 first rounders.
gibbs: was contracted, wanted to come, had to pay overs. 2 first rounders.

to think they reported carlton wanted 2 first rounders + a mcgovern type player last season, and now the wanting a player part has now been forgotten. funny that.
We've lost #16 this year, but probably will have #20-21 in a strong 2018 draft (hopefully) ......Carltons 3rd pick makes up for the 2nd we lose, again maybe a slide of 4-5 spots

So in effect it's a bit more than #10 + ...........gives us probably 3 x top 25 picks next year & 4 in the top 40 .......Cameron still to come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back