List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 Trade Discussions! V2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could really play hard ball. From afar it looks like Carlton are relying on the Gibbs deal to go through to help them with parts of other trades.
I'm sure we could slow the process enough for beads of sweat to form on the great negotiator's brow.

Saw this, Carlton are in a tricky spot this trade period. Pick 3 which they don't want to part ways with, no 2nd rounder, and 2 players that probably deserve at least 2nd round compensation from GWS in Smith and Kennedy in their sights.... They are going to fold like origami on Gibbs, but i say screw it, i'm happy to make them sweat to the last hour of trade period, maybe not even then! Just to stick it to SOS

Greg Denham on SEN said Gibbs is off to Adelaide. Our pick 16/17 should get it done (use our Lever picks on kids). I'm OK with this, Gibbs should give us 4-5 years of very good service.
Yeah I'd do it for 17.

Why don't we just get Rockliff? Then we don't have to trade anything
Gibbs will fill a void off half back with Smithers being out for most of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibbs will fill a void off half back with Smithers being out for most of the year.

I love how people have run with this idea. Gibbs will be a midfielder for us. He is not getting recruited as a player to fill in for Smith. He is being recruited to add to our midfield, not halfback.

Devon Smith I rate, really gifted footballer who probably went a little backwards because GWS had a boner for Stevie J this season, which derailed their season. Good H/F who can run through the midfield, skills on both side, knock is his size, he is probs 175 cms, so would be the butt of many jokes at the club; also more than likely to be angry because of shortness.

Kennedy, inside mid, gets lost among other GWS mids. I mean he could be really good but when the other mids are Shiel Cogniliio and Kelly, you'll look like a bucket of s**t in comparison.

I also rate Smith and IMO due to the GWS stockpile of midfield talent has been forced to play out of position as a medium forward

IMO Smith will be looking for a club to get more midfield opportunities

What will our pick be if we win 18? by the time they use it pick 21.
Reckon thats around the mark, maybe a fourth back for edwards
#17.

GWS lost their 1st rounder over Whitfield avoiding drug test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back