Gibbs (30) >>>> Lever (23), McGovern (24), Cameron (24)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
We were only joking guys, we're not really pissed at you. Please come back!

I think we underestimate just how much of a loss these 3 are to the club. All are just entering their football prime and all have aggression, talent and x-factor which the AFC is now seriously lacking.

On a brighter note Douglas, Gibbs, D-Mac and Jenkins have all agreed to contract extensions.

What you wouldn't give to have the club back that we enjoyed in the 90's.

Lowest ebb for the club I can remember sadly. Lower than Ayres. Lower than Sando. Lower than Robert Shaw. Who hijacked our club? Supporters have to take their club back.

We were only joking guys, we're not really pissed at you. Please come back!

I think we underestimate just how much of a loss these 3 are to the club. All are just entering their football prime and all have aggression, talent and x-factor which the AFC is now seriously lacking.

On a brighter note Douglas, Gibbs, D-Mac and Jenkins have all agreed to contract extensions.

What you wouldn't give to have the club back that we enjoyed in the 90's.

The point of this thread is what exactly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you really blame them?

I'm sure there are some other players who don't want to be here too.
Looks like half the team doesn’t want to play at all on Thursdays performance. I’m amazed we actually stayed in touch for as long as we did.

Well at least get the thread name correctly, where are the picks we got for them?
Im more intetested to see the players we traded in for them. The guys we could have used NOW not 18 year olds who are of benefit in 4 years time when our window has closed.

Could we have saved the Gibbs money and given a bit more to Lever, Gov and CC to have kept them?

They were afl brokered trades. They would of gone into the pre season draft and the afl made sure that the right club picked them up.

This is the thing, these players are making the right decision to leave such a poorly run club.

How can you say that!

The aflw dominance is a result of sound administration. The afl can't negate us in that genre, as they do to the men's side.

The Gibbs trade was always going to be a bust. To give up what we did for him at the age he is, was just irresponsible. Whats worse the amount of people here who defended it is sad.
The only thing we can salvage is we get 100 games out of him for a future father son.

The amount of spin doctoring people did to justify the deal was crazy.

What was even more ludicrous was when people were trying to claim that we got 2 first rounders for Lever, but deny that we didn't pay 2 first rounders for Gibbs.

When the dust had settled on both trades we found out that we received 1,663 point value in draft picks from Melbourne (including 2 first rounders) for Lever and we paid 1,878 (including 2 first rounders) for Gibbs.

Gibbs ended up costing us more than Lever.

Out of curiosity what players were selected with our Gibbs picks ?
From their death riding thread...

I would love to know who we got for Gibbs in the end?
I remember there was a threa
d.
Lochie O'brien was the player we took with one of the first rounders.
Then we traded the other (split the pick) for Matt Kennedy and Tom De Koning.
Other minor swaps and stuff but they were the main players from the trade.

We got O'Brien with pick 10 and then we traded the pick 16 and our pick 40 to the Bulldogs for picks 28 (on traded for Matt Kennedy), pick 30 (TDK) and a future second (which we traded as part of the Mcgovern package).
When it all washed out, I think it was roughly Gibbs and a 3rd rounder for #10 (LOB) and McGovern

From their death riding thread...

I would love to know who we got for Gibbs in the end?
I remember there was a threa
d.
Lochie O'brien was the player we took with one of the first rounders.
Then we traded the other (split the pick) for Matt Kennedy and Tom De Koning.
Other minor swaps and stuff but they were the main players from the trade.

We got O'Brien with pick 10 and then we traded the pick 16 and our pick 40 to the Bulldogs for picks 28 (on traded for Matt Kennedy), pick 30 (TDK) and a future second (which we traded as part of the Mcgovern package).
When it all washed out, I think it was roughly Gibbs and a 3rd rounder for #10 (LOB) and McGovern
LOL

they are really fking hopeless

Remove this Banner Ad

Back