Gibbs (30) >>>> Lever (23), McGovern (24), Cameron (24)

Mar 23, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lowest ebb for the club I can remember sadly. Lower than Ayres. Lower than Sando. Lower than Robert Shaw. Who hijacked our club? Supporters have to take their club back.
Jesus. Maybe, and only Maybe is that true if this keeps up all year.

The middle 4 rounds of 2018 alone were worse than this.

The end of those 3 coaches were s**t fests, we have not gotten close to that yet. Also you forgot the last 6 weeks of Neil Craig. And the mood around Sando wasn't that bad, we were all surprised he got the arse (although I feel it was a good decision).

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Interestingly, this is they year everyone has been waiting for, the year Jeremy McGovern went from a Mitch McGovern to Jeremy McGovern at age 25.

Not looking great so far......... just think another year on potential and Mitch will be a 26 yr old playing on potential....

Meanwhile, thanks to Mitch we are looking a top 4 talent in the country next year.

Potential good player at 26 < potential good player at 17/18?

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
You have feel for the coach somewhat. Imagine trying to be the best team you can be but watching quality talent walking out the door year after year. It would be disheartening even for the most positive coach.

You have feel for the coach somewhat. Imagine trying to be the best team you can be but watching quality talent walking out the door year after year. It would be disheartening even for the most positive coach.

TBH, Pyke had his golden chance in 2017 with the team we had, we should have rolled the Tigers in that GF.

Losing Gov and Smith didnt help, then again look at the quality that the Eagles lost and yet still won the flag.

I think the Eagles win is almost on par of the heroics that the Crows 97 pulled off, we lost a lot of talent before that GF.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
TBH, Pyke had his golden chance in 2017 with the team we had, we should have rolled the Tigers in that GF.

Losing Gov and Smith didnt help, then again look at the quality that the Eagles lost and yet still won the flag.

I think the Eagles win is almost on par of the heroics that the Crows 97 pulled off, we lost a lot of talent before that GF.
We head knicked our players grand final week, had them meditating for 8 hours over a 2 day period so they wouldn’t be overwhelmed.

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
We head knicked our players grand final week, had them meditating for 8 hours over a 2 day period so they wouldn’t be overwhelmed.

Nothing like saying "it's just another game" by implementing a one off 2 day meditation program. The incompetence of the club leading up to and during the game is astounding. It wasn't only the players who were bunnies in a spotlight.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nothing like saying "it's just another game" by implementing a one off 2 day meditation program. The incompetence of the club leading up to and during the game is astounding. It wasn't only the players who were bunnies in a spotlight.
Exactly, what kind of messaging was it? “Hey guys we don’t want you freaking out, try this.”

The players “s**t is it going to be that bad?”

Good way of putting them at ease.

This must have been more Collective Minds bullshit.

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Exactly, what kind of messaging was it? “Hey guys we don’t want you freaking out, try this.”

The players “s**t is it going to be that bad?”

Good way of putting them at ease.

This must have been more Collective Minds bullshit.
Its like everyone at the club were completely shocked that they found themselves playing in a GF and had no idea how to handle it.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
The Gibbs and Lever trade cannot be worked out until 2019 draft.
Gibbs cost us picks 10,16 and 73(2018), we got pick 24(2018) and 44(2018) back,
Pick 24 was used to get us pick 30 (Hamill) and Carlton 2nd rd pick in 2019 draft. pick 44 used with 31and 33 to get pick 16(McHenry)
Lever we got pick 10 ( half of Gibbs) and pick 19 swapped along with our 2019 1st for Carlton 1st.

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
That was a separate deal where we also gave up 16 which became 19 I think with academy picks.
I look at the entire deal as one
So we gave up
Pick 16
Gov
First Rounder 2019 (probably pick 9-14)

Gained
Carltons 2018 firs rounder Pick 13
Mcadam
Carltons first rounder 2019 (could be pick 1)

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I look at the entire deal as one
So we gave up
Pick 16
Gov
First Rounder 2019 (probably pick 9-14)

Gained
Carltons 2018 firs rounder Pick 13
Mcadam
Carltons first rounder 2019 (could be pick 1)
Well they were completely separate. Because if we didn’t do the last deal, McGovern would still be playing for Carlton.

Back