BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg & Most Other Tiger Teams
I used to really enjoy On The Couch - but now it has become a Melbourne love fest it's less than boring.

Gerard Healy - 130 games
Garry Lyon - 226 games
Paul Roos - Coach for 3 years

As far as his diatribe on Tex, what a joke. He wanted Tex to get more than Nyhuis ... he felt is was more of a dog act ?!?!?

As a follow up, last night on Bill & Boz Nathan Burke got stick into Roos. Was really pleasing to listen to what Burke had to say. The link is below:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...rome..69i57.3943j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The select the replay dated 17/7 and then scan forward to the 15min 17 sec point and watch Nathan Burke. He gets stuck into Roos and some of the other commentators for not understanding the rules. Thats why Tex got one game and not what Roos was carrying on about.

Roovolution

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good question. Its funny I watched AFL360 tonight and whilst they did have a notice at the bottom of the screen saying Gibbs got off no one talked about it. Not one word. Same as last night on AFL360 there was a small discussion about the Cats losing but no mention of the Crows winning. Nothing. Its as if we didnt play on the weekend.

We exist to be potted by them. The Vics love to stick it to us which is why the camp story was blown up to massive proportions. Telling positive stories about us isn’t in their interests.

Cincinnatus

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
In the end, Adelaide could never argue the line of 'Selwood is a staging flog' as that is a bad look for thr AFL.

They had to suggest that Selwood initiated contact and they argued it well.

But this is exactly the only scenario that both absolves Gibbs AND protects Selwood from scrutiny.

By just leaving it at Selwood initiating contact and putting his head down, they can still use the dumb medical report saying Selwood got a boo boo and therefore cannot entertain any notion of staging.

And that ultimately is something the AFL will never do - if there is a medical report that says there was contact to the head - the AFL isnt going to call staging.

Elder van Berlo

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United
In the end, Adelaide could never argue the line of 'Selwood is a staging flog' as that is a bad look for thr AFL.

They had to suggest that Selwood initiated contact and they argued it well.

But this is exactly the only scenario that both absolves Gibbs AND protects Selwood from scrutiny.

By just leaving it at Selwood initiating contact and putting his head down, they can still use the dumb medical report saying Selwood got a boo boo and therefore cannot entertain any notion of staging.

And that ultimately is something the AFL will never do - if there is a medical report that says there was contact to the head - the AFL isnt going to call staging.
Probably the best analysis of it I’ve read.

Last edited:

Linekers Ears

All Australian
Aug 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide

Huntercrow

Dwat that Wabbit
Feb 7, 2009
Hunter Valley
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good question. Its funny I watched AFL360 tonight and whilst they did have a notice at the bottom of the screen saying Gibbs got off no one talked about it. Not one word. Same as last night on AFL360 there was a small discussion about the Cats losing but no mention of the Crows winning. Nothing. Its as if we didnt play on the weekend.
This is why I don't watch 360 anymore. It used to be one of my favourite shows on Fox footy until the rot set in. It started with our first victory against Geelong last season when Robbo and Whately were asking for Sloanes head on a platter for some accidental knock on a Geelong player. it was a pathetic stance that really was a strange reaction to our victory. It really was out of place considering they were referring to one of the fairest and most respected players of any sport in this country.

I think I would've expected this type of strange blow hard reaction from Robbo....but not from Gerrard. He really did show his true colours that night.

Huntercrow

Dwat that Wabbit
Feb 7, 2009
Hunter Valley
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's bizarre the way he staggered around like he'd been shot with this one...

And then later he's tackled by Murphy (dangerous tackle) and he's smashed, then straight up to take the free. wtf.
(Slighty salty on that tackle too btw. It was dangerous yes - Selwood caused it though. Smart play or dangerous play?)
We need a "Neymar" rule in our code. It is blatant cheating.

As a follow up, last night on Bill & Boz Nathan Burke got stick into Roos. Was really pleasing to listen to what Burke had to say. The link is below:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=bill+&+boz&oq=bill+&+boz&aqs=chrome..69i57.3943j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The select the replay dated 17/7 and then scan forward to the 15min 17 sec point and watch Nathan Burke. He gets stuck into Roos and some of the other commentators for not understanding the rules. Thats why Tex got one game and not what Roos was carrying on about.
Wish Burke would replace Christian!

Cincinnatus

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is why I don't watch 360 anymore. It used to be one of my favourite shows on Fox footy until the rot set in. It started with our first victory against Geelong last season when Robbo and Whately were asking for Sloanes head on a platter for some accidental knock on a Geelong player. it was a pathetic stance that really was a strange reaction to our victory. It really was out of place considering they were referring to one of the fairest and most respected players of any sport in this country.

I think I would've expected this type of strange blow hard reaction from Robbo....but not from Gerrard. He really did show his true colours that night.

Whately is Geelong

rubbers0ul

All Australian
Sep 14, 2005
a-town
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
centrals
I didn’t see the incident at the game but watching him lay down for so long reminded me of watching Adelaide United ACL games against Chinese clubs where players just lie down waiting for the ref to stop the game, I even saw one bloke lie down on his stomach, look up to see if the ref was watching and then put his head down again. Selwood’s flop had a very similar feeling to this and the vision just backs up how pathetic it was.

I’ve been restraining myself not to text my upset and offended Geelong mate, who was arguing that Selwood was hit in the solar plexus, that Geelong’s medical report was that they were looking at a possible knock to his jaw.
I’m also restraining in texting him the photo of Selwood, the toughest player in the comp, taking a cheap shot to the back of Walker’s head behind play.

What selwood did to sam Mitchell here was utterly disgusting - http://m.westcoasteagles.com.au/video/2017-06-15/mitchell-reported-for-selwood-incident

But of course duckwood gets a free kick.

Has dished our cheap shots his whole career and goes down like a sack of potatoes putting on an Oscar worthy sookie lah lah performance when the retaliation comes.

Hate that bloke.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I used to really enjoy On The Couch - but now it has become a Melbourne love fest it's less than boring.

Gerard Healy - 130 games
Garry Lyon - 226 games
Paul Roos - Coach for 3 years

As far as his diatribe on Tex, what a joke. He wanted Tex to get more than Nyhuis ... he felt is was more of a dog act ?!?!?

The whole team lifted after the Texans bump. Geelong were on top in general play. The bump marked the moment the game changed. Brought some heat to a cold night

Roos doesn't know what he is talking about. Can't say the truth that the Texan should never of been suspended

Remove this Banner Ad

Back