List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 trade discussions! (Gibbs swapped for Wigg or 2nd)

Do you think Gibbs will be an Adelaide player by the end of this trade period?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we were remiss in not offering our first plus Hampton. Given the boner SOS has for anything GWS, we may have got a second round pick back in the process

That really sounds a lot like a first given what we got Hampton for. Gibbs going needed to be a decent win, SOS backed himself into that corner early. Transferring what we got with a 2nd rounder for an earlier second rounder really wouldn't be placate the Carlton masses.

Do you remember how much concern there was for us from our Geelong friends pre Danger trade. They were really worried that if we didn't just let Danger go as a RFA and chose to match that no player would ever choose to come to us because we don't just let our list walk out the door. And wadda you know, Gibbsy chooses us 12 months later. Having said that, it's a special effort from supporters of the type of putrid rabble that is the Carlton FC. I guess maybe they've just given up on their own club, so have moved onto being concerned for others.

This.^

I am bit surprised that a Carlton supporter can sit on this thread all day and post, when they have a match literally a day away.

Its funny how they are all concerned and overwhelmed with our flag chances and our premiership window. I guess when you havent had a window since the 90s you tend to involve yourself with other Clubs opportunities and support them vicariously.

That really sounds a lot like a first given what we got Hampton for. Gibbs going needed to be a decent win, SOS backed himself into that corner early. Transferring what we got with a 2nd rounder for an earlier second rounder really wouldn't be placate the Carlton masses.

I actually believe if Betts didnt have the success that he has had at Adelaide, we may have got Gibbs for fair market value. It hurts their supporters the blue chip player he has become in the competition. The irony is that he wanted to stay at the Blues too.

So you don't factor in cost? Spend 2 first rounders so we can guarantee that we scrape into the 8. How very Steven Trigg of you.

At some point mate.... you gotta try something different!
That's the whole point we are the only list that doesn't have a top ten pick and if we keep finishing 6th we won't be getting one soon!

This.^

I am bit surprised that a Carlton supporter can sit on this thread all day and post, when they have a match literally a day away.

Its funny how they are all concerned and overwhelmed with our flag chances and our premiership window. I guess when you havent had a window since the 90s you tend to involve yourself with other Clubs opportunities and support them vicariously.
It's like they know something we don't about Bryce. Like they want a win at trading. We have clearly scarred them

Sk%C3%A6rmbillede-2014-09-20-kl.-16.55.56.jpg

Robert Wadlow was 8ft 9".....

The girls are at an interesting height for him too.:oops:

I also remember the vic media painting the AFC being the bad guys for not letting Paddy go home after 'all he did for our club'. Didn't hear the same criticism about SOS and Bryce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBH it shows how we should have forced the issue further with Dangerfield and got a better trade, or we should have forced him into the draft

That's the whole point we are the only list that doesn't have a top ten pick and if we keep finishing 6th we won't be getting one soon!

No I think we should see if it works after 29 years then maybe try that, we have all the time in the world don't we?

After all we are competitive

That was definitely Trigg level thinking, but I reckon it's changed considerably. If we weren't going through a change in culture, VB would have played 15-20 games last year and Thommo wouldn't have had 2 forced rests. If we maintain the rate of change I'm confident that we'll be somewhere meaningful in the coming couple of years.

What's the change you're talking about mate?
We both know Thommo will come right back in as soon as fit!
The fact that VB was picked at all last year is testament that it's the same s**t.....
Pyke may be a tactical genius from the school of Craig!!!
Campo still coach
Clarke still coach
Burton.....
Where's this change you are talking about?

I feel like the AFC is the AFLs Arsenal
Given we are in the Gibbs thread, at least we are not like Carlton, who would be relegated if they were in the premier league...

I don't know where you get the idea I like Mackay

To me he is a player that rates 20 to 25 on the list in consistency and ability, if he was dropped for Seedsman who I rate in that bracket it wouldn't bother me, both have deficiencies and depending on the day one will be worse than the other

I don't know where you get the idea that my post suggests I think you like Mackay. I said you support the selection of Mackay because you want to win each week and not risk swapping out his 4/10 for a 3/10 from a player who with development might end up giving us more. You constantly bang on about wanting us to emerge from the mire of our culture of mediocrity that has resulted in no GF's for nearly 2 decades, but in the same breath wholeheartedly support a key plank in that culture that's kept us there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also remember the vic media painting the AFC being the bad guys for not letting Paddy go home after 'all he did for our club'. Didn't hear the same criticism about SOS and Bryce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't recall reading many, "this will ruin Carlton, no player will ever go there if they hold onto players against their will". Obviously Cats supporters forgot to post about the potential trade.

I don't know where you get the idea that my post suggests I think you like Mackay. I said you support the selection of Mackay because you want to win each week and not risk swapping out his 4/10 for a 3/10 from a player who with development might end up giving us more. You constantly bang on about wanting us to emerge from the mire of our culture of mediocrity that has resulted in no GF's for nearly 2 decades, but in the same breath wholeheartedly support a key plank in that culture that's kept us there.

Pretty simple isn't it I stated he was 20 to 25 on the list in consistency and ability sometimes he will be in the team other times he won't. Our number 30 rated player wouldn't be as good. So would rather Mackay, we can't have 25 players that are worth in excess of 500k per year or we would bust the salary cap

This.^

They missed out on the certain win when getting the 2 firsts they knew they'd get when we buckled under the almighty SOS. Now they're pre-gloating in their next win, us not winning the flag, which we would've if we'd paid their asking price for Gibbs.

I've seen overpaying for missing pieces tried before, it's not new and I'm not sure it's worked. And before any of you scallywags mention Boyd, he's a 10 year KPD and was nowhere near a missing piece type trade. I'm more than happy to trade out 2 first rounders and even more. Just not for a B to B+ grade mid with a history of cruising. I'm even happy to pay overs for Gibbs, but not by a factor based on years contracted. His long contract and desire to leave is their problem, not ours.

I've seen overpaying for missing pieces tried before, it's not new and I'm not sure it's worked. And before any of you scallywags mention Boyd, he's a 10 year KPD and was nowhere near a missing piece type trade. I'm more than happy to trade out 2 first rounders and even more. Just not for a B to B+ grade mid with a history of cruising. I'm even happy to pay overs for Gibbs, but not by a factor based on years contracted. His long contract and desire to leave is their problem, not ours.

I'm not going to dispute if we paid 2 x firsts it would be overs for Gibbs considering what we got for Danger

But would he have been the missing price in the puzzle, he isn't a superstar where he will win the game if his own boot, but coupled with crouch , Sloane , crouch , Gibbs, Hampton , Douglass does it give us the missing piece to the puzzle. Would that overpayment have snared or at least give us a shot at the flag, making it the piece we needed

Guess no one can answer that, but we are so close but so far away

What's the change you're talking about mate?
We both know Thommo will come right back in as soon as fit!
The fact that VB was picked at all last year is testament that it's the same s**t.....
Pyke may be a tactical genius from the school of Craig!!!
Campo still coach
Clarke still coach
Burton.....
Where's this change you are talking about?

Thommo forced rest, we'll see about this year, I doubt he'll be carried like he was throughout the last 2/3's of last season. Disagree on VB, there's no way the old culture in its full glory would have dropped him after round 1 in a close loss. Re Campo and Clarke, you've seen our financials, you know we can't afford to pay out coaching contracts and the resultant tax that would come from also having to pay their replacements. I will accept though, that the real test is whether they're re-contracted. Not sure about Doc, but Campo is up this year, so hopefully we find out later rather than sooner. I'll judge Burton on results, as I will all new appointments.

I'm not going to dispute if we paid 2 x firsts it would be overs for Gibbs considering what we got for Danger

But would he have been the missing price in the puzzle, he isn't a superstar where he will win the game if his own boot, but coupled with crouch , Sloane , crouch , Gibbs, Hampton , Douglass does it give us the missing piece to the puzzle. Would that overpayment have snared or at least give us a shot at the flag, making it the piece we needed

Guess no one can answer that, but we are so close but so far away

Would we have beaten Sydney last year with Gibbs in team.

No.

I would be surprised if many thought differently.

Would we have beaten Sydney last year with Gibbs in team.

No.

I would be surprised if many thought differently.

Someone who knows how not to turnover the ball, would have been invaluable, like I said Gibbs doesn't win games off his own boot like danger but his disposal would be the best in our midfield if he was in our team. To have a midfielder with elite disposals means less turnovers and less pressure on our back line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back