List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 trade discussions! (Gibbs swapped for Wigg or 2nd)

Do you think Gibbs will be an Adelaide player by the end of this trade period?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gibbs doesn't get us to a flag this year either. You are talking that its a fore gone conclusion that Gibbs = Flag.

I am not saying we should not get Gibbs I am saying he is not worth 2 x 1st rounders. Which Lever & Milera are and the type of quality we would most likely be giving up.

I will put this down now. Gallucci will be every bit as good a player as Gibbs.

There are certainly no guarantees he will, but he would improve our chances and it needed to be realised how close we are, take the punt

2 x first for Gibbs in general terms is overs not questioning that, but were we sit it was worth the punt, remembering we cant attract a player of that quality we couldnt even attract Barlow

Galluci could become a better player than Gibbs unlikely but he could , but that is irrelevant because he wont help our chances this year when we seem close

You mean the same time that Sloane Tex Jacobs and Betts or all spiraling downwards?
And as the 2017 draft is full of KPP then that 1st round pick will likely be a replacement for Walker, Then we have a group of Father-sons and academy players coming into the side over the next few years. The landscape is changing and you find Draft for picks will be the main reason for trading.
Also by saying that player are spiralling downwards without mention the possibility of players improving to take their place is wrong. By the time Sloane starts failing Matt and Brad Crouch, Atkins, Milera, Gallucci, Poholke and Signorello Could be playing good football, and all have the ability to match his output,
By the time Betts starts failing CC, Menzel, and Davis step up, By the time Jacobs fails ROB match his output, and the list go on.
What more important to our future is the restructure the Crows did a few years back

Gibbs is not worth 2 x 1st, and it would be Gallucci, and a potential KPP, we would have lost to get him.

And as the 2017 draft is full of KPP then that 1st round pick will likely be a replacement for Walker, Then we have a group of Father-sons and academy players coming into the side over the next few years. The landscape is changing and you find Draft for picks will be the main reason for trading.
Also by saying that player are spiralling downwards without mention the possibility of players improving to take their place is wrong. By the time Sloane starts failing Matt and Brad Crouch, Atkins, Milera, Gallucci, Poholke and Signorello Could be playing good football, and all have the ability to match his output,
By the time Betts starts failing CC, Menzel, and Davis step up, By the time Jacobs fails ROB match his output, and the list go on.
What more important to our future is the restructure the Crows did a few years back

Gibbs is not worth 2 x 1st, and it would be Gallucci, and a potential KPP, we would have lost to get him.

Its not a potential KPP. Its Jackson Edwards. We didnt want to move Jackson Edwards was the issue.
I dare say had we said Gallucci Pick and Dodee he'd be a Crow

Sounds like we are going to stay competitive for years to come!

There are certainly no guarantees he will, but he would improve our chances and it needed to be realised how close we are, take the punt

2 x first for Gibbs in general terms is overs not questioning that, but were we sit it was worth the punt, remembering we cant attract a player of that quality we couldnt even attract Barlow

Galluci could become a better player than Gibbs unlikely but he could , but that is irrelevant because he wont help our chances this year when we seem close

You keep saying Gallucci wont help this year.... that is fine, but why can't the gap be filled with improvement with our existing best 22 players?

Also we could have got Barlow but wouldn't offer him enough $$$. Gold Coast offerred him a lot more. Its also a case of if Barlow actually would fit into our best 22. I can't think of any Midfielder we played on the weekend I'd drop for Barlow. Douglas was probably the question mark at the end of last year but he even had 26 disposals and 2 goals on Sunday against possibly the best mid in the comp.

Its not a potential KPP. Its Jackson Edwards. We didnt want to move Jackson Edwards was the issue.
I dare say had we said Gallucci Pick and Dodee he'd be a Crow

It not Jackson Edwards his at this time he is a 2nd to 3rd round pick, this years Draft is going to one of the best for KPP's. And deep.
But using your view that its Jackson then using it to get Gibbs would have cost us 2016 1st, 2017 1st then 2017 2nd,3rd and 4th to get Jackson.
ie- Gibbs and Jackson for 2x 1st a 2nd 3rd and 4th, remembering 2017 draft bats deep. and is arguably the best draft for KPP in a long time.
Now if you are correct with Jackson then we only lose our 1st for him but keep our 2nd, 3rd and 4th. in a deep draft.

As to Gallucci pick and Doedee, No. Carlton want 2 x 1st round picks, 2016 and 2017 1st round picks,

Thats because we are topping up NOW. When those blokes are that age in their prime.

Gibbs signing isnt about a few years time. Gibbs signing is a now thing

How many of the Dogs players are in their prime?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You keep saying Gallucci wont help this year.... that is fine, but why can't the gap be filled with improvement with our existing best 22 players?

Also we could have got Barlow but wouldn't offer him enough $$$. Gold Coast offerred him a lot more. Its also a case of if Barlow actually would fit into our best 22. I can't think of any Midfielder we played on the weekend I'd drop for Barlow. Douglas was probably the question mark at the end of last year but he even had 26 disposals and 2 goals on Sunday against possibly the best mid in the comp.

Galluci will do nothing this year and thats not being disrespectfull he will get better next year

Gibbs and Barlow dont compare as we all know, couldnt see Freo cutting a player like Gibbs

Sounds like we are going to stay competitive for years to come!
If you mean putting the team in a position to win the flag then yes
Because Gibbs for 2x 1st gives us 1-3 years of being competitive but keeping those picks give us a longer period in that group of teams pushing for a flag. No grantee's either way but good clubs look to the future as well as the now. and without first-hand info in what talent coming I find the willingness of some to sacrifice 2 x 1st, for a maybe flag interesting. I don't have first -hand knowledge but I have seen and heard about some of the kids coming thru both Father and Sons and Academies, and I would be very reluctant in wasting top picks for maybe short term gains.

How many of the Dogs players are in their prime?

He said that most clubs would have done it? Or did he say that he had talked to the other clubs and most said they'd have done it?

One is prediction, the other is King reporting on supposed fact.

Galluci will do nothing this year and thats not being disrespectfull he will get better next year

Gibbs and Barlow dont compare as we all know, couldnt see Freo cutting a player like Gibbs

You still haven't answered my question. In fact no one has. Why can't the gap/improvement come from the existing list?

He said that most clubs would have done it? Or did he say that he had talked to the other clubs and most said they'd have done it?

One is prediction, the other is King reporting on supposed fact.

Ha Ha that is a joke. I bet he can't pull an example of a club doing it.

He's also the guy that said Tex was off to Port for $1.5mill a year. Take it with a pinch of salt.

If you mean putting the team in a position to win the flag then yes
Because Gibbs for 2x 1st gives us 1-3 years of being competitive but keeping those picks give us a longer period in that group of teams pushing for a flag. No grantee's either way but good clubs look to the future as well as the now. and without first-hand info in what talent coming I find the willingness of some to sacrifice 2 x 1st, for a maybe flag interesting. I don't have first -hand knowledge but I have seen and heard about some of the kids coming thru both Father and Sons and Academies, and I would be very reluctant in wasting top picks for maybe short term gains.

And to those who say 'Typical Crows, never bottom out, always fill the numbers in the top 8' I say you are wrong. I felt that way a long time ago.

But the Crows during our long premiership drought have NEVER had as much talent on the list as we do currently spread across all ages. We've always been good in a few areas and had significant deficiencies. Currently we have young extremely talented youth across all areas of the ground.

Ha Ha that is a joke. I bet he can't pull an example of a club doing it.

He's also the guy that said Tex was off to Port for $1.5mill a year. Take it with a pinch of salt.

Yep King has pretty much made a career out of pulling s**t out of his ass as a Journalist.

You mean the 2000's when we sold the farm to bring in our missing link in Wayne Carey? Go take a look at who we lost that we could have gotten with those draft picks and ask how 2012 would have gone with them in our side.

You know most clubs who have over spent on a player who was going to be their salvation have ended up regretting it? I'm betting Carlton wish they still had Kennedy rather than Judd who retired years ago.
Losing the option of drafting Tim Walsh and Will Minson really hurt us badly. Minson might have helped, but Walsh wouldn't have contributed much to our 2012 season.

Losing the option of drafting Tim Walsh and Will Minson really hurt us badly. Minson might have helped, but Walsh wouldn't have contributed much to our 2012 season.

Huh?

We traded pick 2 (Daniel Wells) and pick no 18 (Kris Shore) for Carey. I was referring to Wells.

Huh?

We traded pick 2 (Daniel Wells) and pick no 18 (Kris Shore) for Carey. I was referring to Wells.
We did NOT trade picks 2 & 18. We never had picks 2 & 18 to trade. I know that's what Wikipedia says, but Wikipedia is wrong.

We received picks #4 and #20 from Richmond, as part of the Kane Johnson/Jason Torney trade. We passed these on to North, in exchange for Carey.

The AFL subsequently stripped Carlton of picks #1 and #2 after trade week had ended, and #4 became #2. Adelaide never had pick #2. Both Richmond and Adelaide are on record as saying that they never would have done the deal if they had known that #4 (Walsh) was going to become #2 (Wells).

Adelaide gave up the opportunity to draft Walsh and Minson, not Wells and Shore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back