List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 trade discussions! (Gibbs swapped for Wigg or 2nd)

Do you think Gibbs will be an Adelaide player by the end of this trade period?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really not see the difference between Ablett and Gibbs? You guys trading for Gibbs to have him on your list in the season he turns 28 and us trading for Ablett in the year he turns 34 :rolleyes:

I thought this was the draft/trading board. I was wrong which puts the juvenile responses in context. I'm not saying "I don't want you to miss out" but I'm not about to get dragged down to your level or engage in random straw man arguments. Again, best of luck with your season and getting Gibbs.
Their age is irrelevant. There's no difference. Jog on.

Do you really not see the difference between Ablett and Gibbs? You guys trading for Gibbs to have him on your list in the season he turns 28 and us trading for Ablett in the year he turns 34 :rolleyes:

I thought this was the draft/trading board. I was wrong which puts the juvenile responses in context. I'm not saying "I don't want you to miss out" but I'm not about to get dragged down to your level or engage in random straw man arguments. Again, best of luck with your season and getting Gibbs.

If this was Victorian club to Victorian club no way you'd be saying we should pay a 1st, 2nd and one of our rising stars.

We refuse to pay the VFL tax just to get a player in.

Crows have one of the best trading records in the AFL and we're not going to ruin that just to help out Carlton.

Reportedly two first rounders. Which is overs, I agree. I still think there was a deal to be done and if you guys had offered your first, second and Atkins.. who knows what would've happened? I don't think he'd be your 3rd or 4th best mid. Who do you have ahead of Gibbs if he was on your list?

As if we'd trade Atkins. On his own he's having a bigger impact than Gibbs and he's got another ten years in him!!!

Do you not read your own board? The 'We'll get Danger for nothing' flog thread is a classic

Why Tuohy, is he a missing piece midfielder? You've got the onus arse about. We get the player asking out of their current club for a price we're happy with or we walk away. If he stays at Carlton, it's no concern of ours. We don't need to overpay for him, why would we? Overpaying for missing pieces is what Port have done, you end up stuffing your list, it's a road to nowhere. Do you think you've failed every time you've offerred a reasonable price to procure an asset and the vendor has held out for an amount no one will pay? We can't control Carlton's asking price, but we can control the degree that we're prepared to overpay. There's no failing on our part, we did perfectly fine.

He hasn't noticed us being undefeated and flogging the 'Premiership favourites'. Organic growth mofo.

lol the latest from the Blues Board on Gibbs:p

Trade: B. Gibbs to Adelaide for 1st round pick + player (J. Kelly, J. Lever, T. Doedee are young Victorians out of contract)

Always nice way to begin Saturday with a good laugh.

The thing with Carlton is they actually need more mature players, not draft picks. They've got so many kids on their list who won't develop because they get flogged every week.

Their list management is ridiculous. They desperately need a key forward and another hard body in the midfield at the very least. Weitering looks like s**t up forward and they've obviously killed his spirit because he barely broke out of a jog last night.

You can't play 15 kids and expect your already exhausted experienced players to carry them. Why would Gibbs or Murphy put their bodies on the line under such circumstances?

The thing with Carlton is they actually need more mature players, not draft picks. They've got so many kids on their list who won't develop because they get flogged every week.

Their list management is ridiculous. They desperately need a key forward and another hard body in the midfield at the very least. Weitering looks like s**t up forward and they've obviously killed his spirit because he barely broke out of a jog last night.

You can't play 15 kids and expect your already exhausted experienced players to carry them. Why would Gibbs or Murphy put their bodies on the line under such circumstances?
SOS is trying to replicate GWS without the handouts. GWS largely kept who they wanted and handed SOS the duds

SOS is trying to replicate GWS without the handouts. GWS largely kept who they wanted and handed SOS the duds
But but but he's the master list manager right? Right?

That club has a definite Messiah complex. Pagan, Malthouse, Silvagni. They keep looking for that one guy who will fix everything, and have done for the last 10 years. And they missed the one guy who could have actually pulled it off, in Roos. Although even he may have struggled.

I had extensive dealings with that club as a service provider in the late 2010s and I can tell you, once you walk in to their shitty offices at the top of Princes Park, you realise what a two bit operation it is.

lol the latest from the Blues Board on Gibbs:p

Trade: B. Gibbs to Adelaide for 1st round pick + player (J. Kelly, J. Lever, T. Doedee are young Victorians out of contract)

Always nice way to begin Saturday with a good laugh.

Would we even do Lever in a straight swap? I doubt it.

Personally i wouldn't do any of them in a straight swap but I'd be in the minority there.

Would we even do Lever in a straight swap? I doubt it.

Personally i wouldn't do any of them in a straight swap but I'd be in the minority there.

I'd do Jake Kelly for Gibbs in a straight swap in a heartbeat. That's a killer trade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is exactly what I'm getting at, the Blues want more than he's worth. The Crows can pay what they want (more than he's worth) or not add him to their list. And what I'm saying (for Crows' supporters) is what would you have been willing to give up for Gibbs in hindsight if you just lose a Prelim or GF? Two first rounders every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

What evIdence is there that Gibbs makes you so much better that you win that prelim? It's not his work in finals.

Talk about a lose:lose situation

Both clubs worse off as a result.

I can see Gibbs ending up at Port Power next year for Hartlett and some dud kid SOS wished he'd drafted
The thought has crossed my mind, however if the Pear make the 8 they'll fall over themselves to sign long term deals.

I feel for Gibbs, I think he has something to offer our side but they will make it hard again, as is their right

I'd do Jake Kelly for Gibbs in a straight swap in a heartbeat. That's a killer trade

Short term it is.

I guess it comes down to how you think our premiership window looks 5 years from now. Personally I'd say it looks very good.

Idiot? Nice. You might've got a pick coming back the other way but offering a first rounder and a minor pick upgrade on the cusp of the 2nd and 3rd round didn't get it done. If the Crows just miss this season it's a failing and Gibbs may have been the difference.

Gibbs would be your second best mid after Sloane.

Best of luck with your season.

You wouldn't know jack s**t about our mids or any others if you're throwing Rat in with those picks. And good luck to you if you won't pay for GAJ, as he could be the difference between a flag or not. Just pay up.

Short term it is.

I guess it comes down to how you think our premiership window looks 5 years from now. Personally I'd say it looks very good.

Neither Kelly nor Gibbs will be getting games for us so long term it doesn't really matter

Carlton are GWS of 2011 but without the quality young players and with half their squad being not-AFL-standard senior players.

So even worse than GWS has ever been

Why would you put the best u18 defender into the forward line at afl level and turn him into a lazy unimpressive footballer.

Carlton.

Reportedly two first rounders. Which is overs, I agree. I still think there was a deal to be done and if you guys had offered your first, second and Atkins.. who knows what would've happened? I don't think he'd be your 3rd or 4th best mid. Who do you have ahead of Gibbs if he was on your list?
I'm glad you're not our negotiator

Future use was never a factor in your prior judgement, it was purely about missing out on a flag. Now you want to bring in age differential, even so, I'll counter with player quality. But changing the goalposts was expected as it's exactly what you had to do to maintain your poorly formed opinion. Jog on, you have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back