List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 trade discussions! (Gibbs swapped for Wigg or 2nd)

Do you think Gibbs will be an Adelaide player by the end of this trade period?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol the latest from the Blues Board on Gibbs:p

Trade: B. Gibbs to Adelaide for 1st round pick + player (J. Kelly, J. Lever, T. Doedee are young Victorians out of contract)

Always nice way to begin Saturday with a good laugh.

We gave Lyons up for a third so going on that

if it was lever he is equivalent to a first and Kelly and Doedee probably are thirds at best

So a first and third wouldn't be the end of the world

The thing with Carlton is they actually need more mature players, not draft picks. They've got so many kids on their list who won't develop because they get flogged every week.

Their list management is ridiculous. They desperately need a key forward and another hard body in the midfield at the very least. Weitering looks like s**t up forward and they've obviously killed his spirit because he barely broke out of a jog last night.

You can't play 15 kids and expect your already exhausted experienced players to carry them. Why would Gibbs or Murphy put their bodies on the line under such circumstances?

Spot on. Their list is an absolute mess - aside from Cripps they have zero young midfielders. I can see why they felt strongly about keeping Gibbs given the lack of strong bodies left; and in 2-3 years Gibbs, Murphy, Simpson, Kruezer, Thomas (pfft) and even mature types like White will all be gone. They're in for many, many years of pain.

Their kids are getting physically smashed week in week out.

We gave Lyons up for a third so going on that

if it was lever he is equivalent to a first and Kelly and Doedee probably are thirds at best

So a first and third wouldn't be the end of the world

Doedee is a first round draft pick.. why would you value him at a 3rd?!

I was responding to Kelly and doedee being traded FFS, I said they are worth 3 rd rounders on their achievements and tbh I was being kind considering we swapped Lyons for a third. So how is that having a crack at anyone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we give up a first round pick Carlton will be laughing their heads off all the way to the draft.
I'm assuming we finish 1st to 3rd, which means, with academy bids, our first will be around 18-20

I'm happy with that deal because I do rate Gibbs, obviously unlike yourself

I'm assuming we finish 1st to 3rd, which means, with academy bids, our first will be around 18-20

I'm happy with that deal because I do rate Gibbs, obviously unlike yourself

It's not that I don't rate Gibbs.. it's that I value our future more.

Our premiership window is open for the next 5 years with upcoming stars like Lever, Crouches, Atkins, Cameron and McGovern.

Gibbs won't be there in 2020, our draft pick will be.

It's not that I don't rate Gibbs.. it's that I value our future more.

Our premiership window is open for the next 5 years with upcoming stars like Lever, Crouches, Atkins, Cameron and McGovern.

Gibbs won't be there in 2020, our draft pick will be.
He will be there in 2020, he'll be 31. Douglas is 30, a worse player than Gibbs yet is still playing good footy. Carlton supporters are right in that his game style should allow him to play into his 30's, too

We have enough future in those guys, plus Hampton, Milera, as well as Gallucci and Poholke (who I think will be players)

He will be there in 2020, he'll be 31. Douglas is 30, a worse player than Gibbs yet is still playing good footy. Carlton supporters are right in that his game style should allow him to play into his 30's, too

We have enough future in those guys, plus Hampton, Milera, as well as Gallucci and Poholke (who I think will be players)

Gibbs 30+ is not going to be 25-30 Gibbs and to think so is setting ourselves up for disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back