List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 trade discussions! (Gibbs swapped for Wigg or 2nd)

Do you think Gibbs will be an Adelaide player by the end of this trade period?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there a strong rumour floating round that we have dropped off Gibbs and are now heavily into Trent Dumont?
If it's the Sporting News article that you're referencing, I wouldn't call that a 'credible source'. Wouldn't say we've dropped off Gibbs just to go after Dumont, either.

Would love us to go after Dumont nonetheless

Is he the guy that robbed the taxi?

Not sure about that if that's the guy I'm thinking about.

I don't generally care what players do outside of football, but there are levels to that.

Celebrating and partying hard is fine by me, but Laurence angwin type behaviour is probably where I draw the line.

Yes it is the guy that was accused of robbing the taxi however lets not forget Dumont was not only found not guilty but the magistrate questioned the prosecutions case and the fact they proceeded with charges, baaiscally the judge felt that the Police Prosecutor wasted the courts time

If it's the Sporting News article that you're referencing, I wouldn't call that a 'credible source'. Wouldn't say we've dropped off Gibbs just to go after Dumont, either.

Would love us to go after Dumont nonetheless

Was in Melbourne last night and was told a few north melb rumours overs a few beers and that was one of them

Honestly, looking at the bloke, he should have been a star.

Unfortunately he sucked at football.

Which is a problem for a footballer.

Was a man-child.... had a great SANFL season including 4 goals on debut at 16 and just never came on. At the time I was really happy to have picked him.

Honestly, looking at the bloke, he should have been a star.

Unfortunately he sucked at football.

Which is a problem for a footballer.

That's true, when the club drafted him I thought he was going to be a star also, thought he was a bargain at 14 too.
Doesn't happen for some players unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maybe the Dumont rumour is to reduce Gibbs currency? Either way it'll be interesting times ahead unless Dumont re signs before seasons end

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe the Dumont rumour is to reduce Gibbs currency? Either way it'll be interesting times ahead unless Dumont re signs before seasons end

If we are definitely into him as was mentioned a few weeks ago and if NM continue their plummet down the ladder, he wont re-sign.

Will be interesting this off-season. I think Hawks will offer up some quality, along with the free-agents. I reckon Gibbs will be a lower rung pick-up at a lower price. I fully expect the Power to get him for more than he is worth.

Personally, I don't care if we Gibbs or not. I care if we strengthen our list.

Of course we all want a quality player like a Dustin Martin or Nat Fyfe, but that is not going to happen imo. We are a real show with guys like Rockliff who have potential and want to play in finals ... and maybe someone like a Bruest who wants to try and finish off his career with a clever switch of clubs and maybe nab an extra premiership or two.

Isn't there a strong rumour floating round that we have dropped off Gibbs and are now heavily into Trent Dumont?
If north are throwing the world at Kelly they won't be able to offer dumont a decent contract and they may be happy with our second just to get back into the draft

North ate going hard at kelly. Everything else revolve around that. Their first pick at minimum goes there. They will want to get back into the draft so i think maybe offer them a 3rd for Dumont id we r into him.

Seriously starting to think (if the rumour's true, which I doubt it is) that Dumont would be a better option than Gibbs. Is OOC, is young and wouldn't cost as much.

Let's say we finish runner up.

17, 35
for
23, 25 (GC should have two seconds around this mark, their own and Hawthorn's)

25 for Dumont

I'd be happy with that.

Why some of our own supporters persist with the belief that Gibbs was still worthy of 2 first rounders is odd. I think it's clear now that he'd be behind Sloane and both Crouches and the upgrade fee to prize him contracted to replace a Knight, Hampton or Rat would be far too much.

Not to mention paying his salary would inevitably cost us a McGovern or Lever and I doubt we'd get a 1st round pick back for them since we wouldn't be in a position to really make them a competitive offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back