News Gibbs to retire after final game against the Blues

Does Gibbs deserve a farewell game?

• Yes

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • No

Votes: 69 48.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting... a fluff piece on Roo, a hose down on CM... the Advertiser owned by AFC Media these days?

Totally off topic for this thread, but Im starting to suspect Roo is being positioned to replace Chappy.
Supposedly Grant Kelley selling off a minority stake of the 36ers was to make room for him making a run at the Chairman job.

A couple of things on this (and thanks for the snippet).

1. Have Leddie and Woulfe just breached their NDA's by revealing specifics?
2. Was the report on the use of Indigenous implements and phrases provided before they continued, or weeks/months later?
3. The entire last paragraph is a smokescreen. The players may have been physically and mentally cleared to attend, but that has nothing to do with Francou's concerns around the content and methodologies used.
4. There was not one psychologically qualified facilitator at the Camp. The Lead facilitators were not formally qualified in any recognised psychology or psychiatric discipline.

What a bunch of bullshit.

Did it too cheap and it was all contracted out, so not only not our fault, but we're great guys too.

To me the most intresting part is they are taking legal action for defamation now that will be an intresting case. quote from article.

"An article by Sam McClure in The Age on July 4 was the last straw. Leddie and Woulfe initiated legal action for defamation against The Age newspaper and Sam McClure, and against Channel 9 for comments made by McClure and veteran commentator Caroline Wilson. "

Amon bloody Woulfe! Imagine being a grown man and changing your name to that. Like he wanted to sound like a alpha male but new calling himself Wolf would be too tryhard so he just added a couple extra vowels. Sounds like he's out of the WWE. What a jerk.

Then imagine knowing you're going on a camp run by Intercontinental Champion Amon "The Alpha Predator" Woulfe, and the bus pulls up and there's some douchebag in army fatigues with a plastic gun on there, ushering you on. You'd be too embarrassed to go surely. Everyone should have just gone home in that face of that Ricky Gervaise tier s**t

PS check out this arsehole's linkedin. He's too dumb to even copy and paste s**t and change the pronouns around, and Burton thinks he's cluey enough to unlock footballers' mental cages, like they're in that Scarlett Johansson movie Lucy or some s**t

"My work has taken him around the world"

"In the world of saving lives he’s worked with Ambulance and Police, as we all as a mental resilience pilot program for recruit training in the Australian Army. I've even worked with year 11 and 12 students preparing for the pressure of final exams."

I guess proof reading is for betas and 10% brain users and SHEEP

Interesting... a fluff piece on Roo, a hose down on CM... the Advertiser owned by AFC Media these days?

Totally off topic for this thread, but Im starting to suspect Roo is being positioned to replace Chappy.

The Roo article was pathetic. I gurantee the Gibbs story today would of been a set up as well as part of the end of contract negotiation.

Last edited:
Amon bloody Woulfe! Imagine being a grown man and changing your name to that. Like he wanted to sound like a alpha male but new calling himself Wolf would be too tryhard so he just added a couple extra vowels. Sounds like he's out of the WWE. What a jerk.

Then imagine knowing you're going on a camp run by Intercontinental Champion Amon "The Alpha Predator" Woulfe, and the bus pulls up and there's some douchebag in army fatigues with a plastic gun on there, ushering you on. You'd be too embarrassed to go surely. Everyone should have just gone home in that face of that Ricky Gervaise tier sh*t

PS check out this arsehole's linkedin. He's too dumb to even copy and paste sh*t and change the pronouns around, and Burton thinks he's cluey enough to unlock footballers' mental cages, like they're in that Scarlett Johansson movie Lucy or some sh*t

"In the world of saving lives he’s worked with Ambulance and Police, as we all as a mental resilience pilot program for recruit training in the Australian Army. I've even worked with year 11 and 12 students preparing for the pressure of final exams."

Pretty common to change your name like that.

Graham Cornes believes it's all a beat up, so no surprise he'd take everything CM say as gospel

The end part where they use the messages players signed on guernseys as "proof" players had no issue is laughable when like 3/4 of them are things like "Thanks - Player Name". We already knew Sloane and Tex loved it, they seem to be the minority along with a few guys like Hartigan and Talia.

I've said before, I think the issue coming out of the camp that is completely ignored isn't what happened, but the clubs response to it where the players were again painted as the problem while coaches and management absolved themselves again and refused to take their share of the blame. That started after the GF and continued into 2018 and caused bigger issues like the hamstring problems and such later on as well.

I mean, the camp plays a significant role in that attitude. Wanting to go away for a week to strengthen "mental toughness" with a couple of cowboys really reeks of people like Burton, Pyke and Roo putting all of the blame for that loss on the players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then imagine knowing you're going on a camp run by Intercontinental Champion Amon "The Alpha Predator" Woulfe, and the bus pulls up and there's some douchebag in army fatigues with a plastic gun on there, ushering you on. You'd be too embarrassed to go surely. Everyone should have just gone home in that face of that Ricky Gervaise tier sh*t

PS check out this arsehole's linkedin. He's too dumb to even copy and paste sh*t and change the pronouns around, and Burton thinks he's cluey enough to unlock footballers' mental cages, like they're in that Scarlett Johansson movie Lucy or some sh*t

What a natural progression. A real *checks notes* moment with the pressure of final exams worded like that.

... I think the issue coming out of the camp that is completely ignored isn't what happened, but the clubs response to it where the players were again painted as the problem while coaches and management absolved themselves again and refused to take their share of the blame. That started after the GF and continued into 2018 ...
This! Point well made :thumbsu: .
As if the players weren't traumatised enough by the loss, they were told in multiple ways that it was all their fault, and ONLY their fault.
Then the responsibility-free Admin. brought in Hart to destroy the forwards' confidence even further.

Amon Woulfe = A man-wolf, what a w***er :poo:.

Saul Goodman ;) .

I wont be watching the game. What a joke...35 mostly sh*t games...disinterested, lazy and couldnt care less.
AFC are truly hopless.
Groundhog day EVERY day at this club.

This is my biggest issue - forgetting his off field problems - every time he’s played in the last 18 months, he’s looked like he could not give a s**t.

A couple of things on this (and thanks for the snippet).

1. Have Leddie and Woulfe just breached their NDA's by revealing specifics?
2. Was the report on the use of Indigenous implements and phrases provided before they continued, or weeks/months later?
3. The entire last paragraph is a smokescreen. The players may have been physically and mentally cleared to attend, but that has nothing to do with Francou's concerns around the content and methodologies used.
4. There was not one psychologically qualified facilitator at the Camp. The Lead facilitators were not formally qualified in any recognised psychology or psychiatric discipline.

What a bunch of bullshit.

You did more research into these flogs than anybody - send it to somebody relevant so they can expose what complete and utter bullshit that article is.

Anyone with half a brain (or even 10%) can spot the weasel words and half truths employed in it.

I mean, the camp plays a significant role in that attitude. Wanting to go away for a week to strengthen "mental toughness" with a couple of cowboys really reeks of people like Burton, Pyke and Roo putting all of the blame for that loss on the players.

players completely ruined their plans for the night. ******* players.

Back