• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC; Pittsburgh Steelers
He would also have been in denial about the depth of his gambling issue. Wife and dad would have known he was hitting the $300k comoenent of his Blues contract and that we'd pay twice that for the rest plus 2 more. Gibbs would never have wanted to leave Carlton becsuse he's a degenerate gambler and would have refused to accept his gambling was impacting his life. That's what gamblaholics do. Of course, without fixing the issue, the extra cash was all burned anyway. Because, you know, Gibbs is a degenerate gambler. He cashed in on us, which is fair enough, we're adults. But gifting this parasite a game ahead of a deserving kid is an absolute disgrace.

but, sadly, unsurprising. It's how we roll.
So you usually call people with addiction issues "degenerates"?

Get Gaffed

Senior List
Aug 11, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hopefully gets a run in the guts and goes hell for leather and can play with a sense of freedom. Wish him all the best. Looking forward to the stengle/betts showdown.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
And that's why a 30 game disaster gets a pity game whereas a 300 game Edwards was originally denied . And that was back in the Craig days where we valued seniors and weren't ruthless at selection. And he still wanted Edwards to miss a seeya game. This crew values Gibbs contribution to the club more than it did Edwards. How f’ed up is that? Gibbs >>>>>>>>Edwards at our club. Ironically, this proves Macca's concerns. Gibbs is a rock star, worthy of adulation, Atkins leaves without thanks or fanfare after 100 games and delivering so much more value.

We're still f’ed. Culture hasn't changed.

It probably helps that Chapman is a SHC boy and so is the Gibbs clan. Stephen Rowe also has a connection to SHC so explains his adoration of Gibbs on 5AA.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
So you usually call people with addiction issues "degenerates"?

OMG, are you for real? Where did I do that? I called him a "degenerate gambler". Love the outrage though, no wonder society is hitting the skids. No need to apologise though. People love their outrages.

6D543731-F833-421C-ABD3-960A944D6379.png

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
And that's why a 30 game disaster gets a pity game whereas a 300 game Edwards was originally denied . And that was back in the Craig days where we valued seniors and weren't ruthless at selection. And he still wanted Edwards to miss a seeya game. This crew values Gibbs contribution to the club more than it did Edwards. How f’ed up is that? Gibbs >>>>>>>>Edwards at our club. Ironically, this proves Macca's concerns. Gibbs is a rock star, worthy of adulation, Atkins leaves without thanks or fanfare after 100 games and delivering so much more value.

We're still f’ed. Culture hasn't changed.
OK for starters Nicks is Not Craig, and the Crows are not playing for position,
You do Understand Atkins was Injured and may not have play again this year, add that to him not want to push his himslef and to reinjure his shoulder.
And you you feel better if it was the Player who wanted it aswell, Like the Edward descion it was the Player pushing Criag maybe the same thing happened.

But we do not know so why not sit back and ejoy the game.

Aug 17, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt FC; Pittsburgh Steelers
OMG, are you for real? Where did I do that? I called him a "degenerate gambler". Love the outrage though, no wonder society is hitting the skids. No need to apologise though. People love their outrages.

View attachment 960128
Lol did you miss the description of the definition in your own outrage? Derogatory? Insult?

You idiot.

AFLAssassin

Draftee
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Last kick of his career for goal and he missed. Ended the way most romances do, through for a behind..

Captain Morgan

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Last kick of his career for goal and he missed. Ended the way most romances do, through for a behind..
For a second I thought a Carlton player might deliberately give away 50 so make it a certainty for him. Lots of love from both sides at the end.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Honestly, the way 1970crow has talked about Gibbs in this thread is borderline defamatory.

You can see the way his teammates got around him at the end that he is genuinely loved by two different clubs. The fact that we treated him with dignity and respect while still actually making the tough call around his career really gives me hope that we have the right people at the helm.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
For a second I thought a Carlton player might deliberately give away 50 so make it a certainty for him. Lots of love from both sides at the end.
Wish we did. Our season is over anyway.

Well done Crows. Say what you like about Gibbs, but he was loved by both teams and had a fantastic career.

Glad to see him cheered off by both sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Honestly, the way 1970crow has talked about Gibbs in this thread is borderline defamatory.

You can see the way his teammates got around him at the end that he is genuinely loved by two different clubs. The fact that we treated him with dignity and respect while still actually making the tough call around his career really gives me hope that we have the right people at the helm.

Oh what a load of wank, he was sacked, he didn't 'make the tough call'

Chaired off by Carlton players. ******* disgusting.

Can't believe we allowed that bullshit.

Betts should have been chaired off by the Crows players.

Whatever is said and done, he played his absolute best footy as a Crows player.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Name me a single other time in the history of the AFL opposition players have chaired of someone in their final game.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Name me a single other time in the history of the AFL opposition players have chaired of someone in their final game.
Who cares? He played like 30 something games for us and many of them weren't great. I would much rather him get chaired off by the club where he was actually relevant.

Mar 26, 2015
The Land of Apricot Slice
AFL Club
Adelaide
I personally thought it was a great look.

We didn't try and cover up his 230 odd games with Carlton, we allowed them to experience the moment too.

The footballing world isn't as fickle as bigfooty posters, thankfully.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I personally thought it was a great look.

We didn't try and cover up his 230 odd games with Carlton, we allowed them to experience the moment too.

The footballing world isn't as fickle as bigfooty posters, thankfully.

allowed to experience it TOO?

they were the only ones experiencing it.

The entire thing, like everything Gibbs has ever done, was all about Carlton.

Who cares? He played like 30 something games for us and many of them weren't great. I would much rather him get chaired off by the club where he was actually relevant.

Fortunately Carlton a true AFL joke and basketcase of a club, did what they do best and lost and also yet another failed finals attempt. lol.

I think the optics would have been far different if they had won.

Back