Votes: 69 48.9%

• Total voters

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Honestly, it’s time some of you grew up. It looks like our club just might have done that today.

Paying players at other clubs, assiting other clubs with celebrations for their ex players.

jeez golly you're right, we're so generous providing so much charity to the other AFL clubs. It's great we're so grown up and it's obvious all the success it has bought us.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Paying players at other clubs, assiting other clubs with celebrations for their ex players.

jeez golly you're right, we're so generous providing so much charity to the other AFL clubs. It's great we're so grown up and it's obvious all the success it has bought us.
It's called showing class. But I guess you were missing from school that day.

I actually do see both sides of the argument here.

Not a great, but at the same time I think given we had won, its not an issue. Those two Carlton players were his best men at his wedding, they are not random team mates or friends.

It's called showing class. But I guess you were missing from school that day.
Juddernaut08 Dont be an ass, whether a Crows poster is right or wrong. Your posting on our board.

He is entitled to his opinion on our board.

Last edited:
And yet I noticed you downvoted the idea of Crows chairing betts off that was posted a little while ago.

so why don't you take your classy hypocrisy back to your club of eternal mediocrity.
He is just f**kwit troll. Fancy coming onto our board and then giving you crap.

Typical of the immature mindset of Carlton supporters.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Joel Selwood chairing off James Kelly

I would be significantly less annoyed if a Crows player was on one side tbh.

I'm angry because it was yet more symbolism that Gibbs was never really a Crow, we just paid his salary.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
I'm angry because it was yet more symbolism that Gibbs was never really a Crow, we just paid his salary.

everyone knows that - we all know why he was traded to Adelaide and if family issues didn't come up, Bryce never makes the trade in the first place

it didn't work - that sucks - but it is what it is and I don't think that the chairing off is something to get so angry over

everyone knows that - we all know why he was traded to Adelaide and if family issues didn't come up, Bryce never makes the trade in the first place

it didn't work - that sucks - but it is what it is and I don't think that the chairing off is something to get so angry over

Pretty much, s**t trade, but its over now.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Lol did you miss the description of the definition in your own outrage? Derogatory? Insult?

You idiot.

Calling someone a degenerate gambler is an ordinary term for a person with a severe gambling problem. It's not calling someone a degenerate. Of course it's derogatory, but that wasn't your accusation. You saw one word and your precious little sensibilities flipped to outrage. As is expected of you, it's ok, it's how ignorant people like yourself go about their lives these day. And then you double down having been provided with actual facts and shown where your understanding is lacking.

What you thought I said was degenerate, which would be an outrageous slur. But when combined with "gambler", as I posted, it's a little different. Which he is, by the way. As is Beams, both degenerate gamblers. Moron.

5889B834-C899-4E49-AC73-1A1058B99B31.png

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

So we've become whipped dogs so much that we're willing to allow him to celebrate his explotation of us by allowing us to exploit us for his own gain one last time?

I really don't understand the mindset of people who are so ok with it. You really think Carlton would do the same for us if situations were reversed?

It is pathetic how many favors the AFC has done Gibbs despite him doing absolutely nothing to deserve it, not being at all thankful for it and taking advantage of it at every opportunity.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
I don't know how you can claim to know Gibbs isn't thankful for what the AFC managed to do for him

It didn't work - If it did, it would have been a great trade - but it didn't - s**t happens we lost that one

A couple of months ago Crows were being smashed because our culture apparently made club legends like McLeod not feel welcome (even though he is coachinig AFLW side? weird, right?) - And yeah Gibbs is not anywhere near a club legend but the players today in the rooms afterwards genuinely looked like they were buying into something for the first time in 3 years so maybe things like this is the way to start doing it - It's not as if we were fighting for top 4 today ( and ironically, if we were, Gibbs probably would have been in the team anyway, and not retiring yet)

It's also quite apparent that this final game for Gibbs has been used as some kind of bargaining chip to help him 'retire' early - that's just being pragmatic in a far from ideal situation - should we have doubled down and just made him sit on the list another season or paid him out in full with an unceremonious delisting?

You have some strange priorities, just smoke a j and have a chill down - The guy got carried off by his best mates who he played footy with for over a decade - Do you think Jack Reiwoldt carrying off his cousin Nick in his last game was disgusting too?

ltdamn

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Seahawks, Mariners, Celtic
This is why recruiting Wayne Carey was a masterstroke by Ayres. He knew there would be no controversial arguments around whether or not Wayne should be chaired off against his old club in a farewell game to divide the fan base down the middle.

Pick 2 was a bargain when you look at it in that light. Yes I know it wasn't Pick 2.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Name me a single other time in the history of the AFL opposition players have chaired of someone in their final game.
The last time a player played 13 years at a club, switched to another club for 3 years and then played their last game against his initial club.

I'd say if Luke Hodge's last game was v the Hawks, they would have chaired him off too.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
not being at all thankful for it and taking advantage of it at every opportunity.
It certainly didn’t work out and I can understand people not being happy about him being given a last game and carried off by the opposition but why do you say he not thankful?
He’s certainly said publicly this week he is thankful, so wondering what makes you say he’s not?

Back