• No

Votes: 69 48.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
If you completely ignore pretty much every game he played after 2018 then yes, it's definitely all the Crows fault he ended up retiring early.

First half of 2019 I thought he was unlucky to be dropped. His intensity was as you'd expect from Gibbs and there were worse performers in roles he could switch to. But he turned into a complete spud back half of 2019 to now.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
What are you on about this time? Calm down and discuss the topic instead of hurling abuse.2
I remember you, you disliked my post when I agree with another Carlton poster.....WTF.
1600427552070.png

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
lol. This is not your board to tell a Crows poster to stay on topic or not.

Youre just still salty that Carlton lost. I love it. Awesome. No finals again. Must be pathetic that your Club cant play when the Saints are about to play a finals series.
Yet more unrelated rambling from you. What do Saints have to do with anything?

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
First half of 2019 I thought he was unlucky to be dropped. His intensity was as you'd expect from Gibbs and there were worse performers in roles he could switch to. But he turned into a complete spud back half of 2019 to now.
His intensity was an issue throughout much of his career. Funny thing is even when he looked a bit lazy he was still very effective, just his style.

fairfooty

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2010
Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Chelsea
His intensity was an issue throughout much of his career. Funny thing is even when he looked a bit lazy he was still very effective, just his style.

Notice you didn't 'like' my post - doesn't suit your agenda? What is one of the reasons players lack intensity? Highly unlikely it was 'just his style'.

Silly twat and troll. Now go away.

fairfooty

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2010
Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Chelsea
Sorry my bad. But mate, do you think that Bryce's problems all magically started the day he pulled on a Crows Guernsey? Saying the Crows destroyed his final years is just ignorant rubbish.

Without any specific evidence except previous mental health rehab management experience I'll venture his problems have been brewing for a long time - and your 'lack of intensity' comment backs that up. In fact he may well have decided to move back to Adelaide to be closer to the support of family and friends, knowing he was already in trouble. Anyway who knows? I simply restate that the ending would have been the same regardless of the Club he finished his career with. And yes I feel very sorry for him and hope he can take responsibility for his problems and get well quickly.

So head back to the Carlton Board now will you and try and talk some sense? :rolleyes:

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Sorry my bad. But mate, do you think that Bryce's problems all magically started the day he pulled on a Crows Guernsey? Saying the Crows destroyed his final years is just ignorant rubbish.

Without any specific evidence except previous mental health rehab management experience I'll venture his problems have been brewing for a long time - and your 'lack of intensity' comment backs that up. In fact he may well have decided to move back to Adelaide to be closer to the support of family and friends, knowing he was already in trouble. Anyway who knows? I simply restate that the ending would have been the same regardless of the Club he finished his career with. And yes I feel very sorry for him and hope he can take responsibility for his problems and get well quickly.

So head back to the Carlton Board now will you and try and talk some sense? :rolleyes:
Think youre mixing me up with someone else? I didnt say Crows ruined his final years.

I was replying to someone else saying the intensity thing was at the blues too.

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide

I genuinely get the feeling Bryce never wanted to come back to Adelaide. I think it was clearly circumstance not out of a want to play for the AFC. His lack of touch in most games speaks volumes to an average mindset. Everyone seems to blame the crows but at the end of the day I'm not sure it was the Crows fault.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I genuinely get the feeling Bryce never wanted to come back to Adelaide. I think it was clearly circumstance not out of a want to play for the AFC. His lack of touch in most games speaks volumes to an average mindset. Everyone seems to blame the crows but at the end of the day I'm not sure it was the Crows fault.

I thought it was well established that Mrs Gibbs was moving to Adelaide with the kids regardless.

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes but the media rhetoric is the Crows ruined his career. Which is deeply unfair. They seemed to forget about his family circumstance.

Of course Carlton ruined his career just like they did his best mates Murphy and Simpson. What must Sam Walsh be thinking. If he trains real hard he can be like Simmo and lose 200 games over a career.

Al jokes aside, Carlton should have traded Gibbs to us in 2016. What did holding off a year achieve except denying Gibbs a possible GF berth? w***ers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Of course Carlton ruined his career just like they did his best mates Murphy and Simpson. What must Sam Walsh be thinking. If he trains real hard he can be like Simmo and lose 200 games over a career.

Al jokes aside, Carlton should have traded Gibbs to us in 2016. What did holding off a year achieve except denying Gibbs a possible GF berth? w***ers.
Carlton have a habit of wasting careers.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

We were open to the trade but Young Reid! refused to do it for multiple first rounders for him.

If you think he would have pushed you over the top then blame Justin

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

He absolutely didn't want to come back. He would have said all the right things, but reality is that he was dragged back by family. His heart remains with the CFC and that's not to be knocked. The only thing he had to play for in our guernsey was finals and we ****ed that up. So he was left with nothing more than the paycheque that's he was guaranteed just by turning up.

It was our fault, we knew his reasons, we knew he was no more than a B grader that spat out the occasional elite game and was coming to us under duress. And we paid and contracted him as if he was someone like our own Brad Crouch. Reid knew it which is why the deal failed in 2016. Admin intervened in 2017 for political reasons. And we pushed out our own B grade mid for cents in the dollar to squeeze him in. It was our fault, it was entirely our fault.

Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
He absolutely didn't want to come back. He would have said all the right things, but reality is that he was dragged back by family. His heart remains with the CFC and that's not to be knocked. The only thing he had to play for in our guernsey was finals and we f’ed that up. So he was left with nothing more than the paycheque that's he was guaranteed just by turning up.

It was our fault, we knew his reasons, we knew he was no more than a B grader that spat out the occasional elite game and was coming to us under duress. And we paid and contracted him as if he was someone like our own Brad Crouch. Reid knew it which is why the deal failed in 2016. Admin intervened in 2017 for political reasons. And we pushed out our own B grade mid for cents in the dollar to squeeze him in. It was our fault, it was entirely our fault.
100% just think it's unfair the media smack the AFC with the rhetoric its the crows fault. At what point does Gibbs need to take ownership of his shitful performance.

Back