List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 trade discussions! (Gibbs swapped for Wigg or 2nd)

Do you think Gibbs will be an Adelaide player by the end of this trade period?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Having said that there finals wins are against Brisbane, Richmond and Essendon. Sides which have been similarly comically inept over the same period.

5 point loss to Swans and 3 points to Eagles both away is pretty good. Even the 4 goal loss in 2013 against the Swans when they'd actually finished 9th was pretty decent. I didn't think they'd played Essendon in a final.

2009 - 7 point away loss at the Gabba
2010 - 5 point away loss at ANZ Stadium
2011 - 62 point win at G against Bombers
2011 - 3 point loss to Eagles at Domain - Gibbs must have missed this game
2013 - 20 point win at G against Tigers
2013 - 24 point away loss at ANZ stadium

Oddly, their finals record isn't all that bad Kristof

Huh - they've just been generally shite, and much closer to passable in finals. Weird, really.

Watching the port Carlton game Jake Kelly would legit be Carlton's best defender if they had taken him.

Jake isn't world class but Jesus that back line.

So fixated on couldn't make its from GWS.

Clueless list management.

For a number 1 draft pick, he seems to has cruised through his career without doing to much. Just a good b grader. Hasnt ever gone much more that that. He has had a lot of coaches too which makes me think thats all he can do. Never got to his true potential. What is worse is he never got tagged as good players do. I think he will be looked on as an average player and one that we dont need

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the port Carlton game Jake Kelly would legit be Carlton's best defender if they had taken him.

Jake isn't world class but Jesus that back line.

So fixated on couldn't make its from GWS.

Clueless list management.
Well they are trying to use their best defender as a forward. He might actually set up the plays. They are tanking.

2009 - 7 point away loss at the Gabba
2010 - 5 point away loss at ANZ Stadium
2011 - 62 point win at G against Bombers
2011 - 3 point loss to Eagles at Domain - Gibbs must have missed this game
2013 - 20 point win at G against Tigers
2013 - 24 point away loss at ANZ stadium

Oddly, their finals record isn't all that bad Kristof
They lost that 2011 final by seconds ball was kicked to full forward when the siren blew. I had a lot of money on the Eagles. I almost passed out. Sorry I digress.

2nd round pick or it's no deal. Can you blame him for not wanting to be there ?? They overpay for a dud Daisy, they rest their only ruckman and Bolton leads a bunch of kids over here to re-enact Gallipoli.

Reid may have made a blue on opening day of trade week last year, but Bryces value is dropping massively and SOS is looking like a fool.

2nd round pick or it's no deal. Can you blame him for not wanting to be there ?? They overpay for a dud Daisy, they rest their only ruckman and Bolton leads a bunch of kids over here to re-enact Gallipoli.

Reid may have made a blue on opening day of trade week last year, but Bryces value is dropping massively and SOS is looking like a fool.

How about a straight swap Wigg for Gibbs. Would walk into their side, probably be in their top 10 players. He is young and fits their rebuld. I can see Wigg being a best 22 player for us, but wont help in our ambition over the next 5 years.

How about a straight swap Wigg for Gibbs. Would walk into their side, probably be in their top 10 players. He is young and fits their rebuld. I can see Wigg being a best 22 player for us, but wont help in our ambition over the next 5 years.
I'd do it but they wouldn't. SOS put his flag in the ground last year and he won't trade a 200 gamer for a kid in his 3rd year on a list and in all likelihood will have less than 5 games to his name.

I still want Gibbs but the balance is shifting towards us now

I'd do it but they wouldn't. SOS put his flag in the ground last year and he won't trade a 200 gamer for a kid in his 3rd year on a list and in all likelihood will have less than 5 games to his name.

I still want Gibbs but the balance is shifting towards us now

I am not even sure he is worth a 2nd though. I guess it depends how our midfield performs this season. If it is as bad as was last finals then we need a different type of player than Gibbs to fix it. But if all improve to another level like they are capable then we dont really need Gibbs. He would be a luxury and not worth losing out on another Poholke.

Gibbs looks to have mentally checked out. Will end up in SA next year for a first rounder and a player IMO. If the Crows come close this season but fall short they may well rue not finding a trade for Gibbs to bring him in for 2017. Is the sort of player that could have made the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back