List Mgmt. Gibbs - 2017 trade discussions! (Gibbs swapped for Wigg or 2nd)

Do you think Gibbs will be an Adelaide player by the end of this trade period?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won inside 50s by +14. Our delivery wasn't nearly as concerning as our bollard slow forward line that couldn't take a mark to save themselves, and didn't create enough options for our midfielders.

Expect a repeat next week. Our backline absorbed a massive imbalance in I50's and Clearances vs GWS and we still won.

Bolton has our backline firing.

Expect a repeat next week. Our backline absorbed a massive imbalance in I50's and Clearances vs GWS and we still won.

Bolton has our backline firing.

If we go in with the same forward structure we will get slaughtered mercilessly. Drop two slow talls and bring in McGovern and it might be a little different. Actually man up your loose defenders and you're in for a really hard time.

Not sure we'll change anything though. Gotta remember, it's just an anomaly.

All this Gibbs talk about not going hard enough for him last year is crap, Carlton were never going to trade him but they needed to make it look like they were working towards a trade. SOS was not the only problem, there was a very influential Carlton person, that was not going to entertain a trade, and even this year may still be against it, Only shining light we have in getting Gibbs this year would be if Carlton get 2 of the key players they are chasing, as that would put an extra 2mill plus on their cap,
If Carlton do not trade in big names we do not get Gibbs, The wrong people are pissed of about him wanting to leave.
Malifice you should know this as well.

All this Gibbs talk about not going hard enough for him last year is crap, Carlton were never going to trade him but they needed to make it look like they were working towards a trade. SOS was not the only problem, there was a very influential Carlton person, that was not going to entertain a trade, and even this year may still be against it, Only shining light we have in getting Gibbs this year would be if Carlton get 2 of the key players they are chasing, as that would put an extra 2mill plus on their cap,
If Carlton do not trade in big names we do not get Gibbs, The wrong people are pissed of about him wanting to leave.

Oh there we are again, does this secret "very influential person" live at the bottom of your garden

Oh there we are again, does this secret "very influential person" live at the bottom of your garden
No they live in Melbourne and wear suits and my Front yard not that big.
rinse and repeat.
Do you have anything Football related to add if Not I run along and play, I am talking to the Adults?

When/If Carlton, with Gibbs as their master centre man and Curnow as their master "Sloane destroyer", happen to beat us nest week, their trolling of this board will be very justified. Until then, gtf off our board with your Gibbs "I told you so" s**t.

I think your right, we would have been very reluctant to trade Gibbs last year, he was to important to our list development and it would have taken a deal that was heavily in our favour, for us to even consider it.
Even this year SOS will be asking for two first rounders, he asked for that last year and Gibbs has gone to another level, given that they will most likely be late 1st rounders, two picks in the 15-18 range, as a starting point it's not as unreasonable as it sounds and due to Gibbs being contracted we have every right to be asking for overs.
We could potentially need picks to use in deals to get Josh Kelly or Jacob Hooper, with the lack of depth in this years draft can't see SOS being that keen on useing late first round pick.

Last edited:
When/If Carlton, with Gibbs as their master centre man and Curnow as their master "Sloane destroyer", happen to beat us nest week, their trolling of this board will be very justified. Until then, gtf off our board with your Gibbs "I told you so" s**t.

I think trolling other teams boards is never really justified. I read, but don't usually post here. Plenty of other threads in which I can have my say on this topic. Good luck for the coming match, hope it's a ripping game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibbs imo has at best a solid 3 years after this one and maybe a serviceable year after that. It could even be argued that he is passed his peak after this year.

He is worth at best our first rounder. Which should be a pick around 15.

If you really want something that someone else doesn't really want to sell then YOU NEED TO PAY THE (ASKING) PRICE! Simple as that - there's no regulated price, there's no fair price, there is only an asking price in this case. If you don't want to pay the price then that's totally fine, you can continue on however you see fit. If I really want to buy your house so I can use your block for my next door tennis court then I have to pay the price - YOUR PRICE! As the meerkat on tv says: Simples!

If Adelaide win the big one this year, and they definitely are a reasonable chance if most things go right at the pointy end of the season, then the Gibbs thing will just go away. If not, then seeing Adelaide are thereabouts, they will be fairly desperate to do a deal that gives a fighting chance of winning the big one in 2018. There may be another deal out there by then that is better than the Gibbs deal?

Last edited:
http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/...ce-gibbs-20170623-gwxoiq.html?deviceType=text

"Adelaide eventually offered first and third round picks for Gibbs but they wanted Carlton's fourth round pick back as well (that fourth round pick was soon after Adelaide's third round pick so the Crows slide in the draft order was slight). It was a cheap offer for a player who had three years to run on his contract and with whom Carlton did not want to part ways but for his family's sake was prepared to entertain a deal if it was for reasonable terms."

This article was quoted on the main board by a Richmond supporter. Never heard this before and reckon it's BS but it was in the SMH.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/...ce-gibbs-20170623-gwxoiq.html?deviceType=text

"Adelaide eventually offered first and third round picks for Gibbs but they wanted Carlton's fourth round pick back as well (that fourth round pick was soon after Adelaide's third round pick so the Crows slide in the draft order was slight). It was a cheap offer for a player who had three years to run on his contract and with whom Carlton did not want to part ways but for his family's sake was prepared to entertain a deal if it was for reasonable terms."

This article was quoted on the main board by a Richmond supporter. Never heard this before and reckon it's BS but it was in the SMH.
I'd believe it.

Was told our offer was 1st + 3rd and a player such as Jake Kelly or Jarryd Lyons. No 4th rounder back. They had no interest in any of the players we offered.

Was also told they wanted 1st + Gov/Lever in response to that and had apparently opened negotiations with a demand of 2 1sts AND one of the above players, which is why talks stalled all trade week, which is why I said before, I got the impression that even if we caved on 2 1st rounders they would have gone back and asked for more. It was all for show and they weren't ever interesting in trading him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back