Gil and Fitzpatrick Named in Writ -- the saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Such typical denial/warped view from Essendon supporters.

Essendon got into the situation off your own bat. Essendon's punishment was for running a dodgy supplements program. Essendon tried to bend the rules and push the envelop and went to far.

Putting the blame on the AFL for "controlling the narrative" when all they were really trying to do is save their brand that your club was dragging through the dirt is such a typical Essendon supporter way of looking at things.

"Had they stepped back and let us open it's doors to a full investigation whereby we cooperated fully like we agreed to do this whole saga would've ended in 2013", yeah maybe, and you'd still be having a sook that the AFL left you with ASADA on your own. You were screwed with or without the AFL.
:drunk:

No I want it to keep going. We know the truth.

I bulk bought popcorn at the start of the saga. So, if it could just keep going please, I might finally get through the last half a tonne.

Mind you, I'll be the one with egg on my face if the zombie Apocalypse finally happens and I've run out of popcorn.

The issue here is, and has always been, that most non Ess BF supporters think the AFL were corrupt in this case, in that they did everything they could to protect Essendon during this saga and get the players off, even to the point of branding the whole thing a supplements saga. So hence no such support from BF about Essendons constant sooking about the big bad AFL being out to get them. Surely this isnt new news.

Yet another hypocrite on BF - Then again, the HTB board ALLEGEDLY was full of posters who were concerned about 'Drugs in Sport' - Once the saga was over posts on the HTD significantly dropped until the HTB was moved to the backblocks of BF.

Yet another hypocrite on BF - Then again, the HTB board ALLEGEDLY was full of posters who were concerned about 'Drugs in Sport' - Once the saga was over posts on the HTD significantly dropped until the HTB was moved to the backblocks of BF.
I'm concerned about drugs in sport AND I hate Essendon. Am I in the minority?

Would be pretty funny if fat Andy testifies that the ACC provided proof that Essendon was conducting a doping program but by law I can't disclose the information the ACC provided.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

When the saga was over.... that's the hint for why posters "dropped off". Derp.

Would be pretty funny if fat Andy testifies that the ACC provided proof that Essendon was conducting a doping program but by law I can't disclose the information the ACC provided.

I personally think Andy put two and two together and came up with Essendon, because old mate Evans (who was his friend) may have mentioned to him earlier in the year that they'd had issues with the "sports scientist"down at Essendon. I don't believe the ACC identified the club, but in this case they didn't have to. It's what the Fat Controller did after that point that will be interesting.

I personally think Andy put two and two together and came up with Essendon, because old mate Evans (who was his friend) may have mentioned to him earlier in the year that they'd had issues with the "sports scientist"down at Essendon. I don't believe the ACC identified the club, but in this case they didn't have to. It's what the Fat Controller did after that point that will be interesting.

The ACC and the AFL have repeatedly said the CEO didnt have specific club information, and the AFL was already aware of certain matters regarding Essendon - rumours had been around for a fair while - at the time. It would have been real simple to ring up Evans and say the s**t was about to hit the fan.

Pretty experienced lawyer mate reckons unlikely Gil etc will be made to take the stand.

I have a simple question for you that also encompasses my answer to your question.

Why isn't James Hird a party to this episode?

Why isn't he taking the stand?
iu
there was 14m between those two posts.....

Pretty experienced lawyer mate reckons unlikely Gil etc will be made to take the stand.

That's a shame. Been wanting for Gil to throw Paul Little under the bus.

But if Gil not testifying keeps Don's fans knee deep in conspiracy theories, then it's win-win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pfffftttt... :drunk: Another yaccity yac yaco moment...

Oh man it looks like the old band is getting back together!! Bruce Francis is tweeting, the old EFC supporters are back bowling from alternate ends and I see a few of the realists have returned here as well. This surely warrants an extra chapter in Martin's book release date 2028. Wowee!!!

And Goddard's blockbuster!! Hope he does a 3D version.

This is the best present ever when our boys are 1-10 and heading for the spoon!! Bruce's tweet was hilarious - having a crack at Whately (Bambi) for not mentioning this most important development on his TV show... indignant he was!!! I am strapping myself in as this is going to end only one way - more egg on the collective Essendon face and more hefty legal bills that will have to be paid by someone (and it won't be City Hall)!!!

Oh man oh man I wish I knew where Martin was...

Oh man it looks like the old band is getting back together!! Bruce Francis is tweeting, the old EFC supporters are back bowling from alternate ends and I see a few of the realists have returned here as well. This surely warrants an extra chapter in Martin's book release date 2028. Wowee!!!
Brucie baby? Where?

Nobody really cares if that's the case. The AFL gave Essendon every chance - Demetriou on the batphone to stately Evans Manor screaming "Burn it! Burn it all!" But the Bombers couldn't even do that right. Even after they became adversarial, the AFL tried to protect them from themselves.

But that IS what THIS case is all about, or at least a major chunk of it.

Exactly WHEN did the AFL decide Essendon were going to be out of the Finals?

Bombers fans and members, and opposition fans, at each match put across their hard earned $$$. If it was known at the time that this was wasted money, half of them might not have shown up to games or bought memberships.

So was the actual decision date about turfing Essendon from the Finals the one that was announced, or was it already decided before the season even started???

For what it's worth, I think if it does go to court, this is just about all that will be argued, as it can dodge around a lot of the sordid details that everyone seems to be salivating over.

Plus a few other details about whether or not they asked for stuff to be taken out of the report.

<EDIT>
As has been pointed out in earlier posts. I've got a habit of responding without reading threads fully lately.....
</EDIT>

Got no doubt the AFL stage managed from a damage control perspective.

Some folk at essendon just can't grasp the fact that they were doing them a favor in the process.

They simply couldn't control the fevered egos at the helm of the club at the time.

The whole thing should have been sorted in 3-4 months and done with by the 2014 season.

Got no doubt the AFL stage managed from a damage control perspective.

Some folk at essendon just can't grasp the fact that they were doing them a favor in the process.

They simply couldn't control the fevered egos at the helm of the club at the time.

The whole thing should have been sorted in 3-4 months and done with by the 2014 season.
Had the players just copped the bans, they would have been banned for the 2014 season.
or at least for a decent amount of it. I don't think ASADA could afford to rush what was the first scandal of it's kind on australian soil.
Mickey mouse comp or not in the eyes of WADA, ASADA needed to secure an outcome that painted the players and clubs in the right light (drug cheats at worst, negligent at best) and had bans in place that saw them miss competition. They were as much on trial in the eyes of WADA and the Govt as we were with them.

Ideally, the AFL do nothing in 2013
EFC shuts up all shop from a media perspective and provide no comment on the issue
And ASADA work in the background to get what they wanted/needed.

For whatever reason, the narrative started about whether Hird should be coaching the side or not.
And it got needlessly ugly from there.
Once it looked like were going to play finals, the AFL had an issue on their hand and needed to find an out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back