Gil and Fitzpatrick Named in Writ -- the saga

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The ASADA slow play resulted from essendon interests biding their time in order to cover their arses, and that slow play occurred because they had no idea what the Australian Crime Commission held in its hands and what was going to be done with it..

A meeting should have been held at Windy Hill, those responsible should have put their hands up and self reported to the full extent and sacrificed themselves on the club alter, hopefully saved the players in the process by admitting to misleading them with those absolutely appalling medical waivers, and taken their whack like men. It's not as if they were ever going to get out of it.

Instead, self interest intervened, a Mexican stand off ensued that was played out in the media BY ESSENDON FIGURES, and the entire episode devolved in to a disgraceful farce that is still permeating today.

JD-Roo

Premiership Player
May 31, 2007
Kilmore-East
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interesting?

It's as discrete as a shopping mall in the Sahara Desert.
Shopping in the Sahara.jpg

Mar 23, 2010
Section 24 subsection B3 JUST GOT REPEALED.
AFL Club
Collingwood
A meeting should have been held at Windy Hill, those responsible should have put their hands up and self reported to the full extent and sacrificed themselves on the club alter, hopefully saved the players in the process by admitting to misleading them with those absolutely appalling medical waivers, and taken their whack like men. It's not as if they were ever going to get out of it.

And who was spreading the message the Don's fans received. The same people who have spent the best part of 6 years covering their arses. Paul Little and crowd pushed the illusion it was ALL THE AFLs FAULT. Their gullible supporters refused to accept any other scenario. And here we are today.

160525_gma_llamas1_16x9_992.jpg

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
And who was spreading the message the Don's fans received. The same people who have spent the best part of 6 years covering their arses. Paul Little and crowd pushed the illusion it was ALL THE AFLs FAULT. Their gullible supporters refused to accept any other scenario. And here we are today.

View attachment 509008

Pffft. The Donald would've booted Essendon back to the ammo's.

Trump gets it done.

NoAFLinmycomp

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Central District
Bruce Francis is tweeting, the old EFC supporters are back bowling from alternate ends and I see a few of the realists have returned here as well.
If it is only tweets, can't be ol' Brucey - he Twitlongers. It would take forever to get just one letter's content out in tweets! And has he learnt how to tag the targeted recipients?

Unfazed

All Australian
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Do you mean have the case thrown out?

Because they see it as a waste of time. They asked for costs security to be set in place should the matter go ahead, and that has happened.

The security order was earlier. This time they were asking for an abbreviated trial that would eliminate the need for document disclosure and questioning of witnesses i.e they didn't want to testify.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The security order was earlier. This time they were asking for an abbreviated trial that would eliminate the need for document disclosure and questioning of witnesses i.e they didn't want to testify.

Yeah. Time wasting stuff. You seem to have a good understanding of this, so can you tell me if Hird is going to testify?

Unfazed

All Australian
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah. Time wasting stuff. You seem to have a good understanding of this, so can you tell me if Hird is going to testify?
Since none of the documents relate to him saying or being told things directly, he probably wont be called but Corcoran could be called to confirm that Fitzpatrick told him that Hird would never work in the AFL again.

Aug 27, 2007
brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon
Oh man it looks like the old band is getting back together!! Bruce Francis is tweeting, the old EFC supporters are back bowling from alternate ends and I see a few of the realists have returned here as well. This surely warrants an extra chapter in Martin's book release date 2028. Wowee!!!
That’s not Bruce. He just loves the attention he gets from everyone. Doubt he even knows Bruce or even reads it

womack

Senior List
Aug 19, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
That’s not Bruce. He just loves the attention he gets from everyone. Doubt he even knows Bruce or even reads it

The twitlonger pieces on the Governors twitter feed have to be Bruce’s work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Since none of the documents relate to him saying or being told things directly, he probably wont be called but Corcoran could be called to confirm that Fitzpatrick told him that Hird would never work in the AFL again.

Is that relevant to whether the comment is misleading or deceptive?

Unfazed

All Australian
Oct 6, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Is that relevant to whether the comment is misleading or deceptive?

I have no idea but it might have something to do with whether sanctions had been pre-determined ie add credence to the claim that they had already decided to kick them out of finals. I'm only guessing though.

avignon

Senior List
Oct 8, 2004
Other Teams
ESSENDON
So much has been covered up and I think most people acknowledge that. It didn't turn out as planned by City Hall and things got a little muddied. There is a lot under the carpet.

Sockeye

Team Captain
Aug 13, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

View attachment 509008

Essendon admitted to 'failure of governance'.
The players, and the club, never accepted that they took illegal PED's.
Essendon never made it out to be all the AFL's fault, but that the AFL should have shouldered some of the blame.

When Dank was at Gold Coast in 2011, before he was at Essendon or Melbourne, a player was investigated and found guilty of using illegal PEDS but it was all swept under the carpet by the AFL.

As an Essendon supporter, in retrospect, it is very disappointing that Dank and Robinson were allowed near any AFL clubs after this episode at Gold Coast in 2011. They were allowed, and Essendon and Melbourne none the wiser of what happened at Gold Coast, because the AFL went in to hush mode to protect their baby Gold Coast. The same people who did this, then went on to villify Hird through the media.

Regardless of everything else, these actions by the AFL are wrong.

KetamineKerr

Senior List
Aug 5, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Richmond
I bulk bought popcorn at the start of the saga. So, if it could just keep going please, I might finally get through the last half a tonne.

Mind you, I'll be the one with egg on my face if the zombie Apocalypse finally happens and I've run out of popcorn.

you must be obese

Back